• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you have had a chance to watch Marshall during the SL play TJF12 but he has changed his jump shot to incorporate a quicker release and he appears to be a tad quicker in getting to where he needs to be on the offensive side of the ball. Still too slow on defense but he is getting better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you have had a chance to watch Marshall during the SL play TJF12 but he has changed his jump shot to incorporate a quicker release and he appears to be a tad quicker in getting to where he needs to be on the offensive side of the ball. Still too slow on defense but he is getting better.

Yeah. I've seen him some and his "mechanics" look better. That being slow on defense is why I can't see him as a starter other than in the event of an injury. He just can't stay with the more athletically gifted PG's. But as a backup PG and emergency starter, there aren't many that I can think of who are better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Scott is a huge fan of Lin. If Scott becomes head coach I see Lin starting.

Clarkson off the bench to cover for Kobe at the 2. Nash will probably only get to see 10 minutes a game.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping against a Randle or Clarkson trade watching them in SL play....gotta have some youth to build around a future star.

Liked they will sign Henry too...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping against a Randle or Clarkson trade watching them in SL play....gotta have some youth to build around a future star.

Liked they will sign Henry too...

I wouldn't worry about it unless Love names LA as the only team he'd sign with.

Henry > Bazemore...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of articles are beginning to emerge that have echoed what wlk3 has been stating. I have seen one on Yahoo Sports blaming Kobe's contract for the Lakers' inability to get the players they need. This one on SB Nation now purports that Kobe's contract is keeping us from signing Ryan Kelly. Here is the link and its a decent article.

Kobe Bryant is why the Lakers will have another bad season - SBNation.com

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of articles are beginning to emerge that have echoed what wlk3 has been stating. I have seen one on Yahoo Sports blaming Kobe's contract for the Lakers' inability to get the players they need. This one on SB Nation now purports that Kobe's contract is keeping us from signing Ryan Kelly. Here is the link and its a decent article.

Alot of what he said is true.

I saw posts from other people stating " Boozer is a trade piece " blah, blah, blah.

Either they are just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks or they don't know the trade rules re: guys claimed from the amnesty wire.

Boozer can't be traded.

But, I don't think this year will be all doom and gloom depending on your objective.

They will be competitive. But, will be longshots to make the playoffs, which means that draft pick goes to the Suns.

It's in their best interest not to see that happen. But, who is coming out next year that would make another Season of tanking worth it?

Jahill Okafor.

That's probably it.

So, I'd rather try to win.

Would going 20-62 be worth it to land Willie Cauley-Stein:gaah:?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This article isn't really presenting anything new. It was already clear that Kobe's contract was going to eat up a lot of the cap space and impact some possible moves. You can argue that Nash's contract is the more crippling one. $9.7mil for possibly another injury-filled season with few games played. Similar possibility for Kobe. They can afford Kelly now though after dumping Marshall.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, this was to be expected in the post CBA world. Like I am saying, its time to move Kobe and get some assets. The worst part of the story is that they make money even when they lose. Thats not a good thing if your trying to motivate a team to be better vs be profitable.

Kobe is sitting pretty tho

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the umpteenth time, the Busses gave Kobe a "thank you for your service past 17 years, 5 titles, and millions more in value($1.34 Billion - highest for NBA team)" contract. He didn't demand it. Just when they did same gentleman's agreement with Magic for $25M.

What do us peons know when it comes to running a sports franchise and one that Logic cites "makes more money even when they lose"?? Again, I say it's not as if they're not trying to build a contender(not rebuild) with D12, Nash trades...efforts to sign D12, Melo, etc. Some shit sticks and others didn't that's just how it goes. We'll see what comes of it before the roster is complete then go from there.

Not all doom and gloom Lakers Nation, puleeez.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for the umpteenth time, the Busses gave Kobe a "thank you for your service past 17 years, 5 titles, and millions more in value($1.34 Billion - highest for NBA team)" contract. He didn't demand it. Just when they did same gentleman's agreement with Magic for $25M.

What do us peons know when it comes to running a sports franchise and one that Logic cites "makes more money even when they lose"?? Again, I say it's not as if they're not trying to build a contender(not rebuild) with D12, Nash trades...efforts to sign D12, Melo, etc. Some shit sticks and others didn't that's just how it goes. We'll see what comes of it before the roster is complete then go from there.

Not all doom and gloom Lakers Nation, puleeez.
Kind of hard for a team to lose money, regardless of the product you put on the floor, when you're raking in well over 100mil a season due to their TV contract.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAM, do really think you can compare those two deals? One over 25 years, one over 2 years.

The lipstick is being slathered but the elephant is still there.

KObe did not have to take that deal. As you know, Dirk, Lebron and Duncan decided to take less.

BTW, they rewarded Kobe for 17 years by paying him for 17 years.

The Lakers are bigger than Kobe, and when they are not, the product will suffer.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers payment to Kobe of 48 million for the next two years most likely goes beyond the picture that these Celtics fans can see with their limited minds. The Lakers plan to make Kobe a part of the organization beyond his career as a player. There is more to it than just the next two years

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Scott is a huge fan of Lin. If Scott becomes head coach I see Lin starting.

Clarkson off the bench to cover for Kobe at the 2. Nash will probably only get to see 10 minutes a game.

What about Marshall? His doin pretty good in tye SL.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for acknowledging there is another side and I'm not against the Lakers, just not happy with the moves... I do trust in Mitch, he's proven he knows what he's doing... Buss is what upsets me, and until it at least feels like Mitch is back in the drivers seat I'm going to look at these moves with a fine tooth comb... :suds:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Marshall? His doin pretty good in tye SL.

he was waived today. wasn't a big fan of that move..but guess they say it had to be done to make room for nick youngs full deal. still a chance he gets resigned if clears waivers..im not sure that will happen though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was waived today. wasn't a big fan of that move..but guess they say it had to be done to make room for nick youngs full deal. still a chance he gets resigned if clears waivers..im not sure that will happen though.

They had to waive him so they could re-sign Xavier but they are saying that once he clears waivers the Lakers will quickly resign him - because he didn't have a guaranteed contract to begin with

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have paid Kobe 15M a season and still you would be over paying. He is fleecing the team and the fans, but TLF , drink the kool aid if you will. The articles pretty much explain the impact......

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for acknowledging there is another side and I'm not against the Lakers, just not happy with the moves... I do trust in Mitch, he's proven he knows what he's doing... Buss is what upsets me, and until it at least feels like Mitch is back in the drivers seat I'm going to look at these moves with a fine tooth comb... :suds:

Do you actually know what Jim Buss does on the team?