• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards post game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit was ugly and very concerning.

I don't understand why Rivera can't start fast in games and in seasons. EB and Jack are the xs and os guys. Ron is basically a GM with a headset that makes crucial in-game decisions.

They are going to have to be better than that. It's Ron's job, not EBs to set the tempo week in and week out and have these boys ready to play.

EB was way too pass happy in the 1st half and I thought called a good game down the stretch to preserve the win. Love how he stayed aggressive after the Howell fumble. In years past, they head for the locker room.

JDR had his crew ready. Loved how he dialed up the Curl blitz on 3rd down.

I'm not sure Howell is a good enough athlete to turn his back to the defense. Missed McLaurin on a crossing route, got picked, and gave up a score. That said, he was solid for his second start and first one in this system.

Not sure Wylie and Charles are sustainable moving forward. Stromberg, Paul, FAs.......I'm not sure how and the fuck they plan on pass blocking against the Cowboys with this line.

Logan dropped three. Bates had a tough day with penalties. One was a bad call. More Cole Turner. Not sure if his lack of blocking capabilites is keeping him off the field.

Receiver room is great. Would have liked to see them hand it to Brown on one of those jet sweeps.

Not sure what to do with Gibson. Continues to put the ball on the ground, but I still remember what he's capable of. (@ Dallas a couple of years ago)

Sweat and Payne won this game. Allen was doubled a lot and he reminds me of the type of guys we had on those championship teams. Mature, serious, and really good.

Davis is getting better and better. Was really quiet on Forbes side of the field. That's a good sign. They picked on Fuller and he gave about as good as he got. Solid

Ertz beat Forrest a couple of times but Forrest looks like he's gonna take yet another leap this year. Curl needs to catch that. That's the money ball. He was great though.

Cheesman's snaps are all over the place. Keeping an eye on that. Slye and Way were money. Reaves was special in coverage.

They need to do themselves a favor or and beat the Broncos Sunday with Buffalo and Philly on deck.

FedEx is back.
Dan is gone.
Redskins are 1-0
Sam Howell is 2-0

Exactly! way too pass happy. Putting SH in bad situations if you ask me.,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! way too pass happy. Putting SH in bad situations if you ask me.,
Last yr Turner was run heavy and not creative and the bitch was “ pass more “ . it’s not out of line to give him 31 Atts in a game unless you think he is Baker

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches take:

Sacks - Charles got his foot stepped on and lost balance, bad communication on one play (this was illustrated during the game), LT got blow up a couple of times on the line. Sam held the ball too long on a 2-3 sacks. Growing and learning situation.

I think all the sitting cost LT to start, much like it did with Joe Burrow who had a very un-Burrow like game.

Coaches were happy that Howell did not let mistakes cause him to panic. He seems like a kid that will learn with experience but we all knew he is far from a finished product.

It is a passing league but I would liked to have seen BRob get a few more carries. The team only rushed for 35 yards in the first half.

The D was awesome. IMO they all played well but Sweat and Payne stood out. I have thought all off season that for this team to be successful it will awesome defense and Howell being a little better than Wentz and TH.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assessment will be short as usual. I’ll start by saying no matter the score during the game I was not panicking. Felt pretty confident with the defense and knew the offense could move the ball, just had to protect it. The Oline surely gets better with time, same goes for Howell. I’m a little concerned that EB won’t run the ball near as much as we’d like. Andy doesn’t. Maybe once he loosens defenses up a bit he will though. Final take CY is the best cheerleader on the sidelines. For everyone talking about RRs slow starts reminder he’s actually 3-1 in openers as Redskins head coach

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assessment will be short as usual. I’ll start by saying no matter the score during the game I was not panicking. Felt pretty confident with the defense and knew the offense could move the ball, just had to protect it. The Oline surely gets better with time, same goes for Howell. I’m a little concerned that EB won’t run the ball near as much as we’d like. Andy doesn’t. Maybe once he loosens defenses up a bit he will though. Final take CY is the best cheerleader on the sidelines. For everyone talking about RRs slow starts reminder he’s actually 3-1 in openers as Redskins head coach
I've been a huge CY backer but even my patience is starting to wear thin. Still have high hope for him. I've seen what he's capable of. If you drop rookie CY into this defense and find maybe one offensive lineman, we'll be in every game.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson always had fumbling problems. He should not be trusted to run inside especially when we have Rodriguez. Not babying anything but you can't keep throwing the ball when SH was taking some huge hits. Sure, the oline stunk so why was EB trying to get SH killed? We should have run alot more in that game. SH proved he can run and throw the ball. Yes, the Martin pick right now doesn't look good. I thought Leno had a decent day. Charles and Wylie werent good at all.
Gibson had 149 carries and 46 rec last year. He had 1 fumble. Gibson needs to be a primary option on more pass plays. Wheel and choice routes that put him 1 on 1 with a LB or safety. Plays they ran for JK McKis. ssic a few years ago. If used better he could be one of the Skins more dynamic players imo. He's big n he's fast, but he isn't exactly a bruiser. He's more a slasher. Run him in some underneath routes where a WR n TE are running deep/midrange routes.

Turner needs more opportunities than a ball a game as well. I still don't know if he can block worth a damn, but he's got pass catching skills, size n speed.

What happened to Brown? Did he even play? I thought He n Howell did some nice things in the preseason n have some chemistry from their college days, but it has to be used

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how good the defense was. Like duke said they were playing a 2nd tier at best QB' I don't see Young making them much better though. Be nice if they could move him for a starting OG. He still say he wanted too much money and he got beat bad time to time, but yestersday had me wishing BS had been retained.

Watching Hurt yesterday and Allen tonight has me thinking 3-1 after 4 games could be possible. If they can shake those early season blahs that has seemingly afflicted every Skins team the last 10-15 years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good start for Quan Martin:
Special teams penalty that wiped out a big return
Played 0 defensive snaps
Got a concussion (obv not his fault)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson had 149 carries and 46 rec last year. He had 1 fumble. Gibson needs to be a primary option on more pass plays. Wheel and choice routes that put him 1 on 1 with a LB or safety. Plays they ran for JK McKis. ssic a few years ago. If used better he could be one of the Skins more dynamic players imo. He's big n he's fast, but he isn't exactly a bruiser. He's more a slasher. Run him in some underneath routes where a WR n TE are running deep/midrange routes.

Turner needs more opportunities than a ball a game as well. I still don't know if he can block worth a damn, but he's got pass catching skills, size n speed.

What happened to Brown? Did he even play? I thought He n Howell did some nice things in the preseason n have some chemistry from their college days, but it has to be used

Right, you cant make AG run inside.