• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can We please STOP blaming Welker....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had to be high, it was over a defender. It had to be behind him, because there was a defender in front of him.

That is a routine NFL catch. If you can't make that catch consistently you are not an NFL caliber receiver.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had to be high, it was over a defender. It had to be behind him, because there was a defender in front of him.

That is a routine NFL catch. If you can't make that catch consistently you are not an NFL caliber receiver.

WRONG on all counts.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL He is open by three yards from all defenders, that ball should have been thrown toward the sideline or his left shoulder. Not sure what the heck you are seeing. The defenders are triangulated and not one is within three yards of Welker that is huge in the NFL

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL He is open by three yards from all defenders, that ball should have been thrown toward the sideline or his left shoulder. Not sure what the heck you are seeing. The defenders are triangulated and not one is within three yards of Welker that is huge in the NFL

It's all about angles. There was a lot of space between welker and the defenders, yes, but that doesn't mean there is a large window to put the ball. If he put it more inside, either he hangs it up more and the defender over the top makes a play on it, or he puts it lower and the man underneath does. The window that was open on that throw is the one Brady hit. It was not a large window.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he's math challenged...

There's no one even in front of Welker because of that triangle they formed.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about angles. There was a lot of space between welker and the defenders, yes, but that doesn't mean there is a large window to put the ball. If he put it more inside, either he hangs it up more and the defender over the top makes a play on it, or he puts it lower and the man underneath does. The window that was open on that throw is the one Brady hit. It was not a large window.

LOL! Brady's window was a veritable chasm of space in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Just because a receiver has space between him and defenders does not mean there is a large window the ball can be placed into. There was not a large window on this play. Brady hit it and any receiver who does not catch that ball does not belong in the NFL.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Just because a receiver has space between him and defenders does not mean there is a large window the ball can be placed into. There was not a large window on this play. Brady hit it and any receiver who does not catch that ball does not belong in the NFL.

Well, he may not belong in the NFL in your mind...but he's playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Denver needs him to make a key catch, they will be disappointed. His hands are well below average.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots lost. Catchable or not catchable, the defense sucked. How many times did they get a fumble only to get it called back because of a offsides penalty or a 12 man on the field penalty? Way dam to many times. They let Eli rip them apart. Yup. Not Payton, but Eli.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oyyyyy are we talking about the poorly thrown ball by Brady? That Welker miss, yet Welker is more responsible for how Brady throws the ball. Oyyyyy

you are an idiot. the ball was thrown away from the safety, on purpose. he throws that ball inside and wes welker walks away with more than just a dropped ball, he walks away with a concussion and no memory of the loss

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the play sometime moron...then come back.

I've watched it several times today. Welker dropped the ball....and btw, the other guy you're mouthing off to (mojo) agrees with you, genius.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was or is, we all seem to agree Brady was more at fault than anyone else. You stated the pass was high, behind and to the wrong shoulder and I agree. Code is if there is one, or at least what I was getting at, how does anyone else especially a fan of another team see it differently? I just don't get it.

Sorry I worded the response poorly.

That you think the fact that I'm a fan of another team is pertinent to the debate about this play speaks volumes about your knowledge of the game. It was a pass play in the SB. It doesn't matter who threw it or tried to catch it. It was a good enough pass that was dropped.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get he didn't catch the ball because obviously he did not. What I am getting at is... he is not solely the reason why the Patriots lost. The defense didn't get it done either when it needed too. You can't simply just blame Welker without putting blame elsewhere as well.

I agree 100%.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video is a better way to assess that IMO. Welker had to do a 360 in midair and stretch to the limit just to get his hands on it. I'd say it's at least 80% on Brady but it's opinion.

Wes Welker Superbowl XLVI Dropped Pass - YouTube

Ummm that would be a 180. He went from facing the end zone to facing the LOS at which time the ball bounced off his hands. By the time he finished turning and fell to the ground the ball was long gone. Turning to face the LOS to catch a pass happens a lot actually. Are you sure you watch much football ?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a bit strong, but so like you JDM. lol But you're correct that it was not a difficult catch. The only guys putting the blame on Brady after the game were clowns like Skip Bayless & Rob Parker. The commentators who've played the game acknowledged it was a pass that should have been caught.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are an idiot. the ball was thrown away from the safety, on purpose. he throws that ball inside and wes welker walks away with more than just a dropped ball, he walks away with a concussion and no memory of the loss

Ummm Your moms and idiot. I mean seeing as we are name calling. But in the end you are clueless and this post proves it. As I have said to other you are entitled to be wrong, I am okay with that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit strong, but so like you JDM. lol But you're correct that it was not a difficult catch. The only guys putting the blame on Brady after the game were clowns like Skip Bayless & Rob Parker. The commentators who've played the game acknowledged it was a pass that should have been caught.

It's a routine NFL catch and a WR's whole job is to catch a football. If you can't make a routine play on a routine ball you don't belong on a practice squad.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you think the fact that I'm a fan of another team is pertinent to the debate about this play speaks volumes about your knowledge of the game. It was a pass play in the SB. It doesn't matter who threw it or tried to catch it. It was a good enough pass that was dropped.

LMAO so the fact that it was the Superbowl makes it more catchable. :laugh3::laugh3: As if the game matters. Look you are wrong and that's the end of it.