• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we please cut Eric Weems tomorrow?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sooo sick of this guy, and how announcers that keep mentioning the fact that he was a pro bowler in Atlanta returning kicks… la-dee-fucking-da.

He's AWWWWFUUUUL. AT EVERYTHING. He can't return kicks, he can't play receiver worth a shit. Why is he still here? Because he's okay at covering kicks, and gets in a fight every time he steps on the field? He had six tackles last year on SPT's… Oh, and he's an okay blocker at WR. Where he should hopefully rarely see snap. I think we can find a guy to fill that GIGANTIC void.

Honestly, I've never seen a kick returner worse than this guy before. It's so predictable and terrible to watch, it's actually become comical. The guy honestly receives a kick, runs in a straight line forward, and proceeds to run directly into oncoming tacklers. Going down as easy as a tackling dummy each time.

I was honestly laughing at those returns today.

How was this guy a pro bowl return man in Atlanta? Who was blocking for him, for chrissakes?

This has very little to do with what's happened in these first two pre-season games, I should also add. I've been saying this for a while about him, but now I'm coming to the realization that he may be our kick returner this year, and it's frightening. I thought Chris Williams would beat him out, or at least Ford. Please… someone… step-up.

The guy is a waste of space. There's a lot of guys out there who can and are willing to play hard on SPT's. I'm praying we cut him loose, but I doubt it. Sucks Williams hurt his hamstring.

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all for his dismissal as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your post but I don't want to wait until tomorrow. I'm hoping he gets cut at halftime.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a nice block on a forte run, sadly that is what will score points more than mouthing off on special teams.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I gaze into my crystal ball, I do not see his future continuing with our Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a nice block on a forte run, sadly that is what will score points more than mouthing off on special teams.

There was nothing special about that block. Right place, right time… the DB wasn't even looking. All he had to do was get in his way.

Even if it was… the guy that will hardly ever see the field at WR makes an okay block, and that gets him on the team? Lol

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell that to guys like Aromashadu and who gave us a circus catch per week but could not block to save his job.

When its guys that win jobs for 4th and 5th receiver, its the guy that can block that gets the roster spot since they most probably will not be targeting him for any pass plays, but I am sure you are smart enough to know that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell that to guys like Aromashadu and who gave us a circus catch per week but could not block to save his job.

When its guys that win jobs for 4th and 5th receiver, its the guy that can block that gets the roster spot since they most probably will not be targeting him for any pass plays, but I am sure you are smart enough to know that.

Except Eric Weems isn't considered a good blocker… seeing as he's barely ever seen an NFL field as a WR, he literally has no body of work. But I'm sure you're smart enough to know that. LOL… he makes one "gimme" block in pre-season, and now you think he's a good blocker. Wow.

And actually, you're wrong. Usually, the deciding factor on 4th and 5th WR's is how well they can play SPT's, since they likely won't get on the field much to begin with. Although, there's a lot of guys out there who are willing to work hard to play SPT's.

Josh Morgan, the guy Eric Weems is competing with, is a very good blocker. Jeez… you and your misinformation. It's almost as if you don't even care what is right or wrong. You just want to pick an argument, and then spout any bull shit that supports what you're saying.

Hmm… and it appears that the Bears coaching staff seems to have also come to the conclusion that Weems is useless. As Santonio Holmes inked a contract with the Bears today.

It's hilarious watching you post. Keep it up. :suds:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes- He was CUT today!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1h
#Bears used WE Eric Weems as first returner option in first 2 preseason games. Now he has been released.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See there, my crystal ball was correct.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See there, my crystal ball was correct.
I can't afford crystal but my bowling ball told me the same thing. Alright fine it was not my bowling ball, I can't afford that either.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god.

Lol… I was sitting around my fantasy draft table when the news broke on ESPN Saturday night. We all stopped the draft and cheers'd each other, and drank to his dismissal.