• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I will ever remember Kevin White for is falling short 1 yard on that Hail Mary from Mitch vs the Pats.

That wasn't just a play....It was symbolic.
That was the biggest half second roller coaster of emotions I've experienced during my time as a Bears fan. Fitting that it was Kevin White.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is Caleb's first presser after arriving in Chicago:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even tho this is a Caleb thread, here's Rome's initial presser in Chicago as well:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb's path to 4,000 passing yards, which would embarrassingly be a Bears first:

Moore: 1,100
Allen: 1,000
Odunze: 800
Kmet: 600
Everett: 300
RBs: 500
Others: 100

This actually totals 4,400 yards passing. At first glance, those are crazy numbers and assumes too many positives, starting first and foremost the health of everyone. It also smashes the old record of 3,838 set in '95 by Erik Kramer, and we're to expect this to be accomplished by a rookie? Not to mention that in '23 Miami led the league in passing yardage with 4,514 with Detroit right behind at 4,401. So with a rook, we're gonna be up there with the aerial elites?

Yet going over each individual's stats, there's nothing wild about them - you can almost say they're on the conservative side. Moore and Allen combined on their respective teams last year for over 2.500 yards. And Allen missed five games at that. Yes, it seems dauting, but doable. The Bears have finally joined the 21st Century. This is a pass-happy league and I think with Williams, we'll become a pass happy team. We'll still run the ball a lot, no doubting that. But it's the passing game that will carry us this year and into the future.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb's path to 4,000 passing yards, which would embarrassingly be a Bears first:

This actually totals 4,400 yards passing. At first glance, those are crazy numbers and assumes too many positives, starting first and foremost the health of everyone. It also smashes the old record of 3,838 set in '95 by Erik Kramer, and we're to expect this to be accomplished by a rookie? Not to mention that in '23 Miami led the league in passing yardage with 4,514 with Detroit right behind at 4,401. So with a rook, we're gonna be up there with the aerial elites?

Yet going over each individual's stats, there's nothing wild about them - you can almost say they're on the conservative side. Moore and Allen combined on their respective teams last year for over 2.500 yards. And Allen missed five games at that. Yes, it seems dauting, but doable. The Bears have finally joined the 21st Century. This is a pass-happy league and I think with Williams, we'll become a pass happy team. We'll still run the ball a lot, no doubting that. But it's the passing game that will carry us this year and into the future.
Moore and Allen had significantly more than their fair share of the passing plays drawn up for them on their teams last year. I’m not sure how that’ll work with each other and Odunze on the team. Caleb Williams has a lot of mouths to feed.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore and Allen had significantly more than their fair share of the passing plays drawn up for them on their teams last year. I’m not sure how that’ll work with each other and Odunze on the team. Caleb Williams has a lot of mouths to feed.
It's why I cut back on their respective numbers compared to last season. And your last line said it best. There will be a lot of mouths to feed, but I think it can be done, altho I doubt I'll lay any serious coin at the sports book for this to happen - unless of course I get nice odds!

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago's new QB is hitting the ground running. I'm sure others will be working together with Caleb. But it is encouraging that CW knows he is going to have to invest a lot of work in his transition. A lot of players don't. They assume they have so much talent that they will be great in the NFL, and then they fail/bust. Caleb looks like he's approaching this with the right attitude.

One other thought. With all of this attention being put on Odunzie, it's probably a really good thing for Caleb to give D.J. Moore some respect and love too. That is great leadership by our QB1 here. And I obviously love DJ's workout shirt and name of the article, LOL.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see 4400 down the road,but oretty much a no in my opinion as a rookie......
Itll take a little time to gel together and know their roles....
And Im not do sure we may ove on from Allen at seasons end......seems to OPoles was targeting a top 3 wr in the drat......
Poles mentioned it on FNIC the other day........
Allen would be a great mentor for Rome.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see 4400 down the road,but oretty much a no in my opinion as a rookie......
Itll take a little time to gel together and know their roles....
And Im not do sure we may ove on from Allen at seasons end......seems to OPoles was targeting a top 3 wr in the drat......
Poles mentioned it on FNIC the other day........
Allen would be a great mentor for Rome.
Yeah, the more I look at the final figures, the more I agree. 4400 seems too much. I think tho that 4,000 remains realistic. Look at CJ Stroud, he threw for 4108 and IMO didn't have the depth of talent we now have. Granted, he had better climate conditions, at least at home, so that could alter Caleb's number a bit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen: 900
Odunze: 750
Kmet: 550
Everett: 250
RBs: 350

There, I whittled it down to 4,000. Sorry, but I can't do any more whittling, I just can't!!! So Caleb has no choice but to hit those numbers.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the more I look at the final figures, the more I agree. 4400 seems too much. I think tho that 4,000 remains realistic. Look at CJ Stroud, he threw for 4108 and IMO didn't have the depth of talent we now have. Granted, he had better climate conditions, at least at home, so that could alter Caleb's number a bit.

IM in for him just breaking rookie records this year while getting his feet wet....but I love your thought process tho. :suds:

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this guy for real.......??

First he says he wants to play for only a few teams and anyone else who drafts him he staying for another year......

Now he comes out and says he wants partial ownership of the team that drafts hi.....

Is this guy gonna be a headcase.....cause I dont think we need someone like this even withall the talent in the world he possesses.....

Did this story turn out to be accurate or was it just more pre-draft bullshit?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bullshit.......

Caleb is delighted as hell to be a Bear......
Spotted a short clip on him today in YT right after he had found out Poles had selected Odunze. You'd have thought he just received a much wanted present from Santa Claus. He was ecstatic.