• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton: I'm an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven't

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be he is Black

Could be his eyes are too close together

Some interpret his expressions as insincere... Why?

Could be he is a QB

Could be he doesn't fit the archetype of what a good QB does

Wears 1 on his chest- with a superman persona

Most, at least where I am from, are taught to cut the business out- or else.

Could be because rival fans simply don't like losing to his team

Plenty of potential factors are at play when it comes to Cam.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly his point.

It's somehow okay for a black wide receiver to dance after a touchdown, or a black defensive end to do a sack-shimmy, but not for the black quarterback.
Personally, I like the somoan belly rub:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to have to take a few boxes to everyone's SB parties. There's sure to be plenty of haters crying whenever he dances or celebrates or does anything they deem to be douchey.

I don't have a problem with people calling him or anyone else douches for whatever reason they want.

If @Davis_Mike thinks Cam Newton is a douche, that's his right. I think every single player or coach that does that gay dab dance is a gaping asshole - and that is my right.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guaranfuckingtee if he was your team's QB, you would be dancing right along with him, and you would be pointing out how fucking awesome it is for him to give all the TD balls to kids. And all the good shit he does off the field that nobody talks about. But hey, keep playing double standards. I'm not going to stop you.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I like the somoan belly rub:

Dat's what I'M talkin bout!

It's like trolling on this board: at least be entertaining. Mark Gastineau's sack dance was just bad white dancing at best, roid ragin' at worst.

Alfred Popunu's "crack a coconut" celebration was creative and awesome.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread filled with Seahawk and Cardinal fans saying Cam celebrates too much? No way.

try not giving up 31 and 49 points to him next time if you don't like seeing him celebrate so much.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly his point.

It's somehow okay for a black wide receiver to dance after a touchdown, or a black defensive end to do a sack-shimmy, but not for the black quarterback.

Right. It's not like there are any notable differences between a QB and any other position.

What I don't get is why so many people feel it necessary to criticize people for not liking Cam much less make it a racial issue.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread filled with Seahawk and Cardinal fans saying Cam celebrates too much? No way.

try not giving up 31 and 49 points to him next time if you don't like seeing him celebrate so much.

I was being nice and not pointing that out. Thanks man.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. It's not like there are any notable differences between a QB and any other position.

What I don't get is why so many people feel it necessary to criticize people for not liking Cam much less make it a racial issue.

Because they have pathetic reasons for not liking him? It's okay to have opinions, and I respect them. And you're a level headed dude who doesn't bitch about him, so you're cool. This is more aimed towards people who whine and bitch about every little thing he does.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have pathetic reasons for not liking him? It's okay to have opinions, and I respect them. And you're a level headed dude who doesn't bitch about him, so you're cool. This is more aimed towards people who whine and bitch about every little thing he does.

I think you need a tissue, too.

tumblr_mjimblzg5n1qmtvouo2_250.gif
Leave Cam alone!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guaranfuckingtee if he was your team's QB, you would be dancing right along with him, and you would be pointing out how fucking awesome it is for him to give all the TD balls to kids. And all the good shit he does off the field that nobody talks about. But hey, keep playing double standards. I'm not going to stop you.

And if Tom Brady was a Dolphin you would have a fathead of Tom Brady over your bed.

What a remarkable observation. Fans of rival teams tend to be more critical of a player than they are of a player on their own team. Who knew?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard what he said on the radio this morn and he was 100% spot on except maybe the " we have never seen a player like him before" Randall Cunningham was the first guy and McNabb was close. He is bigger and tougher to bring down. When we look at the color of a player instead of his talent, it's sad. I'm gonna root for Cam and Carolina because he hasn't and doesn't conform to what others want

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it modestly annoying but honestly it isn't that big a deal to me. If the Broncos were to stomp him into the ground next Sunday I would probably give a little smile but if they wind up winning, which I think will happen, it won't terribly upset me.