• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cally situation is escalting!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jackets, who could send a foursome to the Rangers’ alumni golf tournament, dispatched two scouts to the Garden on Thursday and to Pittsburgh the next night to watch the Blueshirts. You’re not being realistic if you believe it’s out of the question Callahan, Brandon Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov could reunite as linemates three years after their last steady go-round

http://nypost.com/2014/02/08/lots-to...egend-brodeur/

The Rangers have a big decision to make on captain Ryan Callahan. They hoped to have the situation resolved before the Olympic break but it just wasn’t realistic. As reported, it’s believed he wants a seven-year deal worth $6.85 million per-season to remain in New York. On track for the playoffs, the Rangers have to decide if they can stomach trying to sign him during the off-season. If he does decide to go to free agency, there will be plenty of interest. The Blue Jackets, Sabres and Panthers are all expected to show interest

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/08/...trade-deadline

Who the hell knows what will happen now :noidea:

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cally goes to Columbus to be re-united with former Rangers then who will the Rangers get.........former Rangers?

doesnt make sense to trade Rangers for Rangers

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cally goes to Columbus to be re-united with former Rangers then who will the Rangers get.........former Rangers?

doesnt make sense to trade Rangers for Rangers

I don't think the Rangers would get a whole lot - although maybe there could be a rental for rental swap - Marian Gaborik for Ryan Callahan - Gaborik might fit decently in AV's system and if he can stay healthy enough the rest of the season it might work

But at that point, it may just make sense to just keep him and see what happens

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Rangers would get a whole lot - although maybe there could be a rental for rental swap - Marian Gaborik for Ryan Callahan - Gaborik might fit decently in AV's system and if he can stay healthy enough the rest of the season it might work

But at that point, it may just make sense to just keep him and see what happens

good point, he would be even more valuable for our cup run than columbus so they might not even go rental, the leverage of the talks are sure in Cally's favor

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the weekend Boomer Esiason started tweeting that the Rangers were on the verge of a trade that would send Ryan Callahan somewhere for a player in the Eastern Conference who played in the Olympics.
The player Esiason was referring to was Marty St. Louis.
Esiason said this morning on his radio show, “Well…listen, I found out something about four weeks ago that was definitely being floated out there and definitely true and that was that the Rangers were going to try and acquire Marty St. Louis for Ryan Callahan. The reason they were going to do that was because Callahan wasn’t coming off his contract demands and if I were Ryan Callahan I wouldn’t come off my contract demands either, in fact nobody appreciates, respects or likes or loves the fact that he is our captain more than, how many times times have I told you that. This has nothing to do with how I feel, but with what I feel, what I believe is going to happen and will happen which is a one for one swap between the two captains from both of these teams.”

Glen Sather is expected to trade Ryan Callahan and/or Dan Girardi if they can’t come to terms on contract extensions. (NY Post)
There is expected to be a lot of interest in either/both players and Sather should be able to drive up the price. (NY Post)
Callahan is not moving off of his asking price of seven-years and a cap hit of $6.85 million per season. (NY Post)
Girardi is looking for six-years and $5.75 million while the Rangers have offered five-years at a lower cap hit. Sather has told league executives that he would rather deal Girardi than let him play out the season and leave as a UFA. (NY Post)

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

Lot of buzz this weekend. Boomer started a huge thing on Twitter with his tweet Saturday night.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:14PM: No progress has been made with the Ryan Callahan contract extension. (ESPN NY)
6:06PM: Multiple sources say that the Ducks have “serious interest” in Girardi and trade talks are expected to start up between Anaheim and the Rangers. (TFP)
The Rangers supposedly have interest in Sami Vatanen. (TFP) He is a 22-year old, right shot defenseman from Finland. He had five assists in 6 games for Finland at the Olympics.

This is gonna be interesting.. Still think G stays and Cally gets dealt.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Cally for St. Louis would be a worst trade then Cally for Stewart

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Cally for St. Louis would be a worst trade then Cally for Stewart

How so? Even at 38 years old, he's still the Lightning top scorer with 56 points, hell, he has more goals than Cally has points this year. Reuniting him with Richie? Yeah i'd be all for that. Also saves you money in the long run.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12:51PM: “I didn’t believe that Callahan would be traded to a team that thinks it can contend in the East, with his current contract demands there is no chance that the Rangers will keep him. With Callahan, and I am hearing that the number is up near twoards $6.75 million over seven years, that the Rangers can not and will not go there.” (Nick Kypreos on HC @ Noon)
Doug MacLean says that everyone likes Callahan but he isn’t a $7 million dollar player. (HC @ Noon)
12:34PM: Craig Custane and Frank Provenzano looked at the top 25 trade targets and what it may cost to get them. (ESPN Insider)
Third on the list is Dan Girardi who Custance says would add a big boost to a team like the Capitals or the Bruins if Glen Sather is willing to trade within the division and conference.
  • Provenzano lists the price tag for Girardi as being a first round pick and a mid-level roster player.
Ryan Callahan is fifth on the list and Custance says Callahan showed what he can do during the Olympics.
  • Provenzano lists the price tag for Callahan as a fort round pick plus a NHL roster player
Provenzano is a former assistant GM for Washington (97-2004) and Dallas (2006-13).

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been reported since early February that Ryan Callahan is searching for a seven-year deal worth between $6.5 million and $7 million per season.
Callahan’s agent Steve Bartlett said that he believe the asking price for Callahan is a “discount” from what Callahan would get as an unrestricted free agent. (Daily News)

Still fucking nuts to be asking for that.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% Callahan is traded. Girardi and Sather are working on a deal and could be completed shortly. Word is one will stay and one gets dealt, from my comments, it's rather obvious who it will be.

Hope we can get one of Ott/Moulson from Buffalo is they're the trade partner. If it's the Blues, hopefully it's Stewart + one of Rattie/Jaskin for Cally. And finally, MSL for Cally.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DarrenDreger:
Teams may continue to call TBay on St Louis, but, as of now, Lightning are telling teams St Louis is locked on the New York Rangers. #tsn
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bob McKenzie, the Rangers and Dan Girardi are reported to be close to a six-year extension worth $5.5M per season.

This from the interview he just did on NHL Live.

This'll be done by tomorrow

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers remain in constant contact with Girardi and his camp. Still looking to move Cally since he hasn't come down from the Patrick Kane price tag.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Even at 38 years old, he's still the Lightning top scorer with 56 points, hell, he has more goals than Cally has points this year. Reuniting him with Richie? Yeah i'd be all for that. Also saves you money in the long run.

Because he has only like two years left I would rather get a prospect with promise then a guy who can only help us this year. Which lets be honest we aren't winning the cup.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has only like two years left I would rather get a prospect with promise then a guy who can only help us this year. Which lets be honest we aren't winning the cup.

He has at least 4 years left. Look at guys like whitney, Jagr and Selanne playing into their 40's. MSL is well conditioned and one of the bestt players in this league. I have little, to no doubt he can still play for 3-4 more years at a high production.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has at least 4 years left. Look at guys like whitney, Jagr and Selanne playing into their 40's. MSL is well conditioned and one of the bestt players in this league. I have little, to no doubt he can still play for 3-4 more years at a high production.

That has always been the Rangers problem always going with the veterans I would rather we stay competitive for years other thdn getting a 38 year old winger

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has always been the Rangers problem always going with the veterans I would rather we stay competitive for years other thdn getting a 38 year old winger

MSL will be wayyyyyyy more productive in those 4 years than Cally would be in the next 7, and that's obvious.

More regarding Cally who really seems like a goner.

6:26PM: I don’t think it changes much with Ryan Callahan unless he softens his stance. Last I checked today he wanted upwards of $7 million. He won’t get that from the Rangers, won’t get that from TB and I would be shocked if he got that on the open market. (Darren Dreger on TSN Drive)
“It’s a tough one. You know he is agood hockey player, but is he a $6.75 million dollar player, not even close. I don’t mind the heart and soul label though it’s grossly overplayed at times. He is a take it in the teeth kind of guy.

6:05PM: The gap between the Rangers and Ryan Callahan is still “substantial” with Callahan looking for seven years at more than $6.5 million per season and the Rangers offering five-years and $6 million per season. (NY Post)

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSL will be wayyyyyyy more productive in those 4 years than Cally would be in the next 7, and that's obvious.

More regarding Cally who really seems like a goner.

6:26PM: I don’t think it changes much with Ryan Callahan unless he softens his stance. Last I checked today he wanted upwards of $7 million. He won’t get that from the Rangers, won’t get that from TB and I would be shocked if he got that on the open market. (Darren Dreger on TSN Drive)
“It’s a tough one. You know he is agood hockey player, but is he a $6.75 million dollar player, not even close. I don’t mind the heart and soul label though it’s grossly overplayed at times. He is a take it in the teeth kind of guy.

6:05PM: The gap between the Rangers and Ryan Callahan is still “substantial” with Callahan looking for seven years at more than $6.5 million per season and the Rangers offering five-years and $6 million per season. (NY Post)

I won't dispute that but who do you think will be more productive in years 3 and beyond Cally or the prospects. Who will be cheaper and better cost for production its not st. Louis