• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cally situation is escalting!

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers gave Callys agent permission to talk to teams of intrest......this cant be good for a Ranger postseason, also there is talk of the Rangers gathering Intel on chris stewart. I dont think CS supplements Cally but its Sather and at the moment Cally is appearing to be pursuing elsewhere

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers gave Callys agent permission to talk to teams of intrest......this cant be good for a Ranger postseason, also there is talk of the Rangers gathering Intel on chris stewart. I dont think CS supplements Cally but its Sather and at the moment Cally is appearing to be pursuing elsewhere

Yea and after the Del Zotto trade I can see Sather doing a dumb trade like Cally for Stewart.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His "heart is in NY and here" I beg to differ. Your greed is here, if your "heart" was here, you'd take the 5 year 25M offer from us and stay here where you belong. If you want 6M a year, you'll be gone by next Friday.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His "heart is in NY and here" I beg to differ. Your greed is here, if your "heart" was here, you'd take the 5 year 25M offer from us and stay here where you belong. If you want 6M a year, you'll be gone by next Friday.

LOL notice people always say their heart is somewhere to get the fans on their side, but at the end of the day it's always money that talks.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the perfect captain to promote Tort hockey, but IDK if he leads so much by example for AV style of play. Personally I think McDonagh or Zuccarello would make better captains for the current system.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the perfect captain to promote Tort hockey, but IDK if he leads so much by example for AV style of play. Personally I think McDonagh or Zuccarello would make better captains for the current system.

Getting hurt then asking for money isnt too smart either during his absense the won a few games, he basically made himself expendable

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were last season or if Torts was still coach I would say give him the money. Unfortunately for him things have changed and he's no longer as important to the team as he once was. If he gets big bucks from the Rangers it will be based on sentimental reasons not for what he will bring to the ice going forward.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best thing for Cally would be to tweek his game a little, Im sure AV wouldnt be asking too much in going towards AV's direction. At the same time this Cally situation could become a distraction to the team although there are not any signs at the moment.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably does need to tweak his game a bit. Doesn't have to dive into every slapshot like he would've had to do for Torts.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, he does things other than what shows up on the stats sheet, but for a guy who has scored 50 points once in his career, lower your demands.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now cally's agent is doing the talking, cally looks to me like he's just concentrating on playing hockey.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cally for an Atkinson+ swap?

Wouldn't be against that at all. Love Atkinson's speed and played with Kreider at BC.

On Friday night, Pierre LeBrun tweeted, “Hearing that Columbus also among the teams that has shown some interest in Callahan…”

LeBrun added on Friday’s Insider Trading that Columbus was another team that was keeping an eye on Callahan. (TSN)

Larry Brooks writes today, the idea of trading Ryan Callahan to the Blue Jackets, who are a division rival and a very likely first-round playoff opponent seems crazy but could be worth it if the Blue Jackets were to trade Cam Atkinson to the Rangers. (NY Post)

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is expected to be continued dialogue with Ryan Callahan’s agent and the Rangers this week before the roster freeze and potential deadline for a resolution on Friday. (ESPN NY)
There have been no developments on any potential front with Callahan and the Rangers in the past couple of days. Stephen Bartlett, Callahan’s agent, says that he will touch base with his client on Tuesday. Callahan doesn’t want to get involved with the business side of things. (ESPN NY)
Callahan’s agent said that he will “circle back” with the Rangers this week and that while Callahan’s agent has fielded calls from different teams, “the sense is that many of those calls are to gauge just how seriously the Rangers are about trading their emotional leader.” (ESPN NY)

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ultimately they will reach middle ground when it comes to a contract. Cally still has a lot of hockey left in him and he is a max effort player and every team needs those. He is also a better scorer then most of the same type of players.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this price, IMO, he's as good as gone. Unless he lowers his demands.

7:14PM: There is no imminent trade with Callahan but St. Louis is interested.
6:23PM: On Insider Trading, Darren Dreger discussed Ryan Callahan:
  • Dreger, “He wants a lot of money. It’s been widely reported that Ryan Callahan wants a seven-year term around $6 million per, well that isn’t accurate and I am told that it is more than $6.5 million per on a seven-year term and less than $7 million. Whether it’s $6 or as we know now, it’s closer to $7 million, it’s a lot of money and too much for the New York Rangers. There is not a lot of wiggle room in this negotiation and that is why Glen Sather is considering and working towards moving his captain.”

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years $27.5 ($5.5 million per year) tops IMO

And that's still a lot, especially for a guy who looks lost in a new system. He can't keep up, his style of hockey doesn't translate well in this system. I still love Callahan, always will, no matter where he is. But, sometimes players need to learn, the name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, he does things other than what shows up on the stats sheet, but for a guy who has scored 50 points once in his career, lower your demands.

Wasn't this the common refrain from certain elements in Toronto after David Clarkson was signed? And yet now that his stats sheet this season is basically empty you don't hear much from those same people about the other "things" that don't show up and how valuable they are, you just hear them bitching about what a bad signing it was for a guy who doesn't score points.