• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Kirk Contract Situation

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know what the top recording TE is and I don't want to make it sound like we have a bad receiving corps because I like our guys but we have by yards the No. 18 and 23 WR ... by receptions ... No. 22 (Garcon), 41(Jordan Reed), 42 (Crowder) and 66 (DJax). it isn't quite like when Sonny had Bobby Mitchell, Charley Taylor and Jerry Smith and all three ended up in the top 10.

Whoever made the comment that the OLine is not partially responsible because three sacks were by DBs is not only bad at math but needs some re-education at football. 4 DL and one blitz against 5 OL is an equal number. If they bring a 6th guy then you need a RB or TE. Of course there are variables, overloads etc. I know one sack that a DB got he beat Moses and CT.

I believe that was me and I believe I was asking a question as it relates to 3 of the 4 sacks suffered be Cousins. Though I seem to have a problem finding the post. No need to be a fuckin dickhead either. My math and football education are fine. Or we can both go the fuckin dickhead route. I'd rather not, but won't lose any sleep over it if we do.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the same wording as you did in my response (post #41) to your opinion that Cousins W/L record over the last 2 years suggest he's playing at a top 5 level. I said nothing using the word "elite" though I'd opine saying "Player X is playing at a top 5 level." or saying "Player X is playing at an elite level." often times means the same thing to many. Regardless of that.

Going 17-14-1 over a two year period and in the process. Winning what many consideded the weakest division in football at that time with a 9-7 record. With none of the wins coming against teams with a winning record and going one n done in the playoffs to officially end the season.

Than coming back the following year in what must be said was a much improved division. To go 8-7-1 with 2 wins or 3 wins depending on one's opinion of what constitutes a team with a winning record. But ending the year on a 2-4 skid in your last 6 games. Thereby blowing multiple chances to attain a playoff spot that was there for the taking and officially ending the season in 3rd place within your division.

Has nothing to do with and is not even close to being top 5 or elite in any shape, form or fashion. Finishing with an above .500 record two years in a row does show some type improvement though.

Hopefully this clears up any and all confusion, you, I, or we may've had previosuly.

ESPN has him as fifth in QBR behind Ryan, Rodgers, Brady, and Prescott. If he's not top five, he's definitely top 10 this year. Can you imagine Kirk playing for the Cowboys? They would've been able to rest Zeke far more this year rather than running him into the ground.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the same wording as you did in my response (post #41) to your opinion that Cousins W/L record over the last 2 years suggest he's playing at a top 5 level. I said nothing using the word "elite" though I'd opine saying "Player X is playing at a top 5 level." or saying "Player X is playing at an elite level." often times means the same thing to many. Regardless of that.

Going 17-14-1 over a two year period and in the process. Winning what many consideded the weakest division in football at that time with a 9-7 record. With none of the wins coming against teams with a winning record and going one n done in the playoffs to officially end the season.

Than coming back the following year in what must be said was a much improved division. To go 8-7-1 with 2 wins or 3 wins depending on one's opinion of what constitutes a team with a winning record. But ending the year on a 2-4 skid in your last 6 games. Thereby blowing multiple chances to attain a playoff spot that was there for the taking and officially ending the season in 3rd place within your division.

Has nothing to do with and is not even close to being top 5 or elite in any shape, form or fashion. Finishing with an above .500 record two years in a row does show some type improvement though.

Hopefully this clears up any and all confusion, you, I, or we may've had previosuly.

This was a slightly choppy read, i think some punctuation marks were misplaced.
My initial "Top 5" response to Shark's thread was used because, I didn't want to use the term Elite.
We are on the same page with that terminology and how it can be manipulated.
What would have been a less eye-popping statement, would be Top 5 in his conference, Top 10 in the league.
They were the 4th seed last year, and "should" have been the 6th this year.
It's also not our fault that last year, we made the media look stupid because they pegged us as the weakest in the division.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that was me and I believe I was asking a question as it relates to 3 of the 4 sacks suffered be Cousins. Though I seem to have a problem finding the post. No need to be a fuckin dickhead either. My math and football education are fine. Or we can both go the fuckin dickhead route. I'd rather not, but won't lose any sleep over it if we do.

The sacks part was you breed and I am not trying to be a dickhead but if you are smart enough to know that a sack by a DB doesn't me the OLine doesn't have some responsibility. Now if you want to give Cousins a hard time about the DBs blitzing, sacks etc. lets get into a big old X's and O's conversation about setting protections and hot reads etc. You could say Cousins could be guilty of not doing more. There are ways to combat blitzes and I did not see the Redskins do that against the Giants.

As far as the dickhead thing goes I am good either way. I can take of myself just as I suspect you can too. :suds:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sacks part was you breed and I am not trying to be a dickhead but if you are smart enough to know that a sack by a DB doesn't me the OLine doesn't have some responsibility. Now if you want to give Cousins a hard time about the DBs blitzing, sacks etc. lets get into a big old X's and O's conversation about setting protections and hot reads etc. You could say Cousins could be guilty of not doing more. There are ways to combat blitzes and I did not see the Redskins do that against the Giants.

As far as the dickhead thing goes I am good either way. I can take of myself just as I suspect you can too. :suds:

Goodness we are all pissy since the game lol.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness we are all pissy since the game lol.

Not sure who you are talking to, I am not upset at all. I find all of this hilarious.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to anyone in particular just a general comment on the board.

Got you, you quoted my thread so I assumed you were aiming the comment at me. :noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing we don't need to draft anyone on defense with that pick. Otherwise, that would be pretty crazy, right?

Hell, we need an upgrade at RB, so I'm guessing that you would object to using a"defensive" draft pick for one of those as well.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, we need an upgrade at RB, so I'm guessing that you would object to using a"defensive" draft pick for one of those as well.

I agree that we need a RB. To hell with Jones and Kelley. But we need d-linemen far more than we need anyone else. I never could imagine how bad our run defense was this season. I say we draft a d-lineman (from Alabama) with our first pick, re-sign Baker, and then sign someone like a Dontari Poe or Bennie Logan to form a d-line featuring two young vets and a stud rookie.

A wildcard here is Junior Gallette. Would love to see how he's panning out soon to determine our FA and draft plans.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we need a LG, C and possibly a RT before a RB. Fat Rob has the skills, but lets be honest, our line is OK at pass blocking, and has spurts as a run blocking line.... but upgrade is needed.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does it factor in at all?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does it factor in at all?

excellent question based on that history! However, going from the mailroom to the executive offices, one wonders if the former mail clerk gets the same respect as the Harvard Grad.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to be interesting to see what decisions Scot and Co make.

Yeah man, I get the feeling that there are changes happening in the NFL related to QB salaries vs. building teams that can win with.......No QB (Denver) a some timey guy (NYG) both a rookie QB and RB (Dallas), and a non traditional guy (Seattle). Like you I can't wait to see how this plays out!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, I get the feeling that there are changes happening in the NFL related to QB salaries vs. building teams that can win with.......No QB (Denver) a some timey guy (NYG) both a rookie QB and RB (Dallas), and a non traditional guy (Seattle). Like you I can't wait to see how this plays out!
What is most interesting to me is the range of QBs and types of talent that Scot has worked with and built rosters with.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is most interesting to me is the range of QBs and types of talent that Scot has worked with and built rosters with.

Yeah I saw that....very interesting!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the banter going back and forth I am not betting on anything happening. I don't think it is etched in stone that Cousins is here long term. I do think he will be here next year and he knows that as well as anyone. After that, toss up.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the history since Cousins arrived in WASH and his comments recently about signing a new deal that protects future QB's on the open market that follow him, how committed is Cousins to WASH? I'm not so sure he really wants to be here any longer. A lot of scrutiny being the QB in D.C. He has obviously improved under Gruden & Co but he certainly is not elite at this point in time. He knows that and admittedly said so around the half way point of the season describing himself as an "evolving" QB. He says the right things as the starter but does he reveal his true feelings about his draft status, his not being able to compete for the starting job his rookie season and moving forward until Gruden arrived and named him the starter last pre-season.

If Cuz really wanted to be a Redskin, he would come out and say it but he hasn't. He wants elite money because that's what the market bares and deep down, he feels he deserves it. Washington will have to pay him elite money now if they feel he can attain elite status moving forward, its just what the league has come to. I believe some other team may swoop in and offer Cousins elite money as well and not bat an eye at losing draft picks because it will be a team that is stable, has an above average defense and by adding Cousins, will elevate that team to another level with the thought Cousins will become elite in say a year or so. The hesitancy approach WASH has made to this point indicates they don't want to pay for something Cousins is not at the moment but likely also feel if the QB they are grooming is not in place, what do they have? Not much considering the defense is an albatross with Gruden likely keeping Barry next season, the offense while showing well this year, may look totally different next year if Garcon, Jackson & Davis leave. We have no true every down RB and we need immediate upgrades at LG & possibly C.

Gruden is really in a tough position because if the door swings the wrong way, he may quickly find himself out of D.C. by end of next season and everyone will blame Snyder for what happened. That's what they do in D.C.

HTTR!
*For the record, I want Cousins to return on a deal viable for both parties. A lot of guaranteed money up front with some fall back in years 3, 4, 5 & 6. Say $85M guaranteed, $135M total. Not quite Luck money but very close.