• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Scott why bring this up again?: Dwight

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you separate all bias, then it wasn't really necessary for Scott to make the comment. That ship has long sailed and everyone has moved on. Yeah, he was asked but that's a lame excuse. Coaches refuse comment all the time. But since Scott is a Laker to the bone, he couldn't resist commenting. Not that his comments were out of line. They were truthful, but it is needling Howard a tad over something that isn't really relevant anymore. FWIW, props to Howard. His response was probably the most mature thing he's done publicly in 2 to 3 years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott needed not define his view by going as far as to say Dwight does not care about winning championships. Ironically, and timely, note how Lin handled that discussion.

It smells of spoiled milk carrying over....on a topic several years old. It makes the coach look childish. For a team seeking to once again attract free agents (albeit, not that compelling in the years ahead), it serves no positive purpose.

Its just more of the same crap. The anti-Dwight rhetoric never stops.

First of all, Scott didn't say Dwight doesn't care about winning championships, he said Kobe is serious and he's not sure how seriously Dwight takes it. He also qualified it by saying that it's from his "outside perspective". The man was asked a question and he answered it. Simple as that.

Based on everything Dwight has shown throughout his career, it's a pretty spot on assessment. If you're going to worry about the Lakers all season again, then at least get the quotes right. Otherwise, just go back to worrying about the Olynyk era (yes, that was mine.:lol:).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My outside perspective is Kobe is a real serious guy and wants to win championships," Scott said Monday. "I don't know if Dwight is that serious about it. I know No. 24 is. I think that probably was the clash."

That quote from Scott is acting like a child? Man, you guys seem really desperate to find something to bash the Lakers over.

Regarding what Dwight said, do you guys still buy Abbott's article? You guys were slurping it up not too long ago. Since, though, all those players Abbott brought up said differently.

And that's really the point isn't it? Some of these stooges made fools of themselves over that article and are now desperately trying to find anything they can to try and save face.

Yet they call Scott childish.:L

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!

Fight, fight, fight!!!

I smell.....

Vince Cellini @Vince_Cellini now

Kobe called for a personal foul, Dwight called for a flagrant and each of them gets a technical foul. Expensive play!

Kobe kept telling Dwight "try me", "try me"...prob not the first time this has happened, right? ..#lakersvsrockets

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you separate all bias, then it wasn't really necessary for Scott to make the comment. That ship has long sailed and everyone has moved on. Yeah, he was asked but that's a lame excuse. Coaches refuse comment all the time. But since Scott is a Laker to the bone, he couldn't resist commenting. Not that his comments were out of line. They were truthful, but it is needling Howard a tad over something that isn't really relevant anymore. FWIW, props to Howard. His response was probably the most mature thing he's done publicly in 2 to 3 years.

First you didn't want Jeanie Buss to answer how she did, now you get on Scott. How in the hell did you survive when Phil was our coach?

Im sorry, but you are looking for too many PC answers.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DWIGHT HOWARD is the biggest tool in the entire league.

He makes me actually root for the freaking Lakers in this feud.

There is probably no more hated, childish, and douchey player in the league.

Even Lebron at the peak of his "being hated" in 2011, was not in the same realm.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!

Fight, fight, fight!!!

I smell.....

Vince Cellini @Vince_Cellini now

Kobe called for a personal foul, Dwight called for a flagrant and each of them gets a technical foul. Expensive play!

Kobe kept telling Dwight "try me", "try me"...prob not the first time this has happened, right? ..#lakersvsrockets

The 2nd elbow is what set Kobe off, he didn't react to the first one. Just when you thought Dwight was going to be classy, he acts like a douche again.

Kobe calling him soft was a great moment.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Dwight wrong? Is this the first time you seen a pf/c swing elbows with a little guy under his chin to clear the area?

Calling him soft was a great kobe moment? More like an idiotic moment. As Stephen A said today if Dwight is soft, nearly the entire nba is soft. Dwight is actually one of the most if not the most physical center in the league today

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Dwight wrong? Is this the first time you seen a pf/c swing elbows with a little guy under his chin to clear the area?

Calling him soft was a great kobe moment? More like an idiotic moment. As Stephen A said today if Dwight is soft, nearly the entire nba is soft. Dwight is actually one of the most if not the most physical center in the league today

So you're saying Dwight wasn't trying to send a message with that?

I don't listen to Stephen A lol. Dwight's a bum, if the Lakers had started to hack him in the 4th quarter they might have gotten back into the game. Any team has that option against the Rockets.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elbows happen all the time. Kobe even said that after the game. Given the players involved though, you know it was something a little deeper.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing free throws make you a bum? Dude avg 26, 14, & 3 blocks last year in the playoffs and actually shot 62 percent from the line in the series.

Lakers front office & Dwight rushing back from his surgery is why Dwight "struggled" in LA. Hiring dantoni was the dumbest thing to do if you wanted convince Dwight to resign

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're trying too hard.

And most of the NBA is soft. The fact that Dwight is considered one of the most physical players in the game today says all anyone needs to know. Shaq, in his prime, would make Dwight cry. I don't even want to think about what guys like Mahorn, Laimbeer, Parrish, etc. would do to him.

Hell, Danny Ainge would have kicked Dwights ass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is Dwight numbers with the Lakers were very similar to his last year in Orlando & first year in Houston. Dwight hated dantoni offensive philosophy and who can blame him?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing free throws make you a bum? Dude avg 26, 14, & 3 blocks last year in the playoffs and actually shot 62 percent from the line in the series.

Lakers front office & Dwight rushing back from his surgery is why Dwight "struggled" in LA. Hiring dantoni was the dumbest thing to do if you wanted convince Dwight to resign

Well, when you're a superstar and can't really be in at the end of the game because you can't hit free throws, that kind of speaks for itself. How many rings has Dwight's stats gotten him?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is Dwight numbers with the Lakers were very similar to his last year in Orlando & first year in Houston. Dwight hated dantoni offensive philosophy and who can blame him?

D'Antoni's offense had Dwight in a lot of pick and rolls. Guess what they run a lot of in Houston?

Last edited by a moderator:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

Dwight's an immensely talented player, but can you honestly call him a true leader and a true #1 option? I can't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you're a superstar and can't really be in at the end of the game because you can't hit free throws, that kind of speaks for itself. How many rings has Dwight's stats gotten him?

How many title caliber roster has he played with? Dude made the finals in a tough east with rashad lewis/hedo as the 2nd best player on his roster. He got a nice 1-2 punch now but they need a new coach who focuses on defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Dwight's an immensely talented player, but can you honestly call him a true leader and a true #1 option? I can't.

Leader? No but I can see him as a true #1. He can makr his teammates better just from simply getting doubled all game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself this question before you criticize Dwight for not having rings.

Replace kg with Dwight in 08, does Boston win a title?

Replace bynum with Dwight in 09 & 10, does L.A. still go back to back?

Replace bosh with Dwight in 12 & 13, does Miami go b2b?