• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Scott why bring this up again?: Dwight

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole "secondary market" thing is completely overblown.

Certainly wouldn't think San Antonio is a major market but Tim Duncan has done just fine there.

On the other hand, the Clippers have been in LA for how many decades and have what to show for it?

Ownership and team structure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> size of market.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if starbigd has an opinion on this? :L

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Dwight championship desire vs Portland in the playoffs

I tried to tell you BK, Howard is useless during crunch time. Hack-a-Dwight is far more effective than Hack-a-Shaq. Hey, at least Dwight is better than Shaq at something.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interested if Dwight has matured mentally and has a big game tonight. If there was ever any less pressure tonight would be the night against a depleted Laker squad and questions abound for Kobe .

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott needed not define his view by going as far as to say Dwight does not care about winning championships. Ironically, and timely, note how Lin handled that discussion.

It smells of spoiled milk carrying over....on a topic several years old. It makes the coach look childish. For a team seeking to once again attract free agents (albeit, not that compelling in the years ahead), it serves no positive purpose.

Its just more of the same crap. The anti-Dwight rhetoric never stops.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Celtic who believes Kelly O is like Bill Walton should be stripped of his green shirt. First and foremost, they dont even have the same style.

That said, I liked the "Kelly Olynk" era that I believee Trojan first penned. Its funny.

In general, I dont see many Celtics fans yet hyping the recent drafts, such as Smart/Young and Olynk. Not really time to discuuss until at least the year is a 1/4 in or something. I am getting excited about Sully tho (albeit always worried about foot and back issues).

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard really hasn't matured since he's come into the league IMO. He's just gotten bigger.

I would never feed the ball to Dwight Howard in the final moments of the game if I needed a basket. I would probably hope someone else gets the rebounds too. If he gets the ball, they'll just foul him and that's about as good as a turnover.

Byron Scott has won rings, Dwight hasn't, I'll take Scott's take on this.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Lakers coach Byron Scott questions if Dwight Howard is serious about winning titles - ESPN Los Angeles

I dont understand why he needs to comment on this. Dwight did not want to play in LA. It happens.

Why are you so butt hurt over his comments?

You're a Celtics fan, not a Houston Rockets fan:noidea:

Now getting onto the reason it came, as Trojanfan pointed out -we play them tonight in the season opener and not that it matters, but Scott actually said the truth. I've been discussing this with a friend of mine the last year and we both agree that Howard does not have the drive it takes to win championships. He's a good player, but he isn't willing to make that extra effort over 100% to get there. I honestly don't think he will ever win a championship period.

Not in Houston anyway

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like shooting no 3 pointers wins championships right?

They don't - defense wins championships. Defense opens the floor up to take those 3 point shots that will win the game. That's what Scott was talking about.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I didn't leave L.A. because I was afraid of Kobe Bryant," Howard said Tuesday, according to the Houston Chronicle. "I went to a good situation for myself. I can't change people's opinions, but I did what I had to do for myself."

"It's over with now. There's no need to continue to talk about it. It happened. We played together for a year," Howard said of his time in L.A. with Bryant, according to the Chronicle. "The whole team was injured, didn't really get an opportunity to do what we all set out to do.

"Things happen. Life happens. I think everybody needs to move forward from the situation and worry about their respective teams."

Dwight Howard says exit from Los Angeles Lakers to Houston Rockets was not due to fear of Kobe Bryant - ESPN

Nice to see Dwight being the mature one here while Scott acted like a child....I'm proud of Dwight

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I didn't leave L.A. because I was afraid of Kobe Bryant," Howard said Tuesday, according to the Houston Chronicle. "I went to a good situation for myself. I can't change people's opinions, but I did what I had to do for myself."

"It's over with now. There's no need to continue to talk about it. It happened. We played together for a year," Howard said of his time in L.A. with Bryant, according to the Chronicle. "The whole team was injured, didn't really get an opportunity to do what we all set out to do.

"Things happen. Life happens. I think everybody needs to move forward from the situation and worry about their respective teams."

Dwight Howard says exit from Los Angeles Lakers to Houston Rockets was not due to fear of Kobe Bryant - ESPN

Nice to see Dwight being the mature one here while Scott acted like a child....I'm proud of Dwight

Scott gave the news media his response to the article in the newspaper - about Kobe hurting the Lakers. Nothing immature about that. What is immature is criticizing the man for having an honest opinion. If Dwight Howard really has the drive to win championships - then I say let him prove it.

Until then he's won just as many without Kobe as Kobe has without him - ZERO:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard really hasn't matured since he's come into the league IMO. He's just gotten bigger.

I would never feed the ball to Dwight Howard in the final moments of the game if I needed a basket. I would probably hope someone else gets the rebounds too. If he gets the ball, they'll just foul him and that's about as good as a turnover.

Byron Scott has won rings, Dwight hasn't, I'll take Scott's take on this.

Howard's a good shooter and Harden is a good player, but I think that team should have gone further and is worse off this year then the were last year. Let's see how they do

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard's a good shooter and Harden is a good player, but I think that team should have gone further and is worse off this year then the were last year. Let's see how they do

IDK man, last year he shot 54.7%, he shoots 57.4% for a career, he's only had 1 season where he shot better than 60% from the line. Won't lie, I honestly think I could beat Dwight Howard in a FT contest and I haven't picked up a basketball in ages.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS, it seems you understand the point. I suspect others might be on this page too, including players.

Adds no value, just personal emotion.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"My outside perspective is Kobe is a real serious guy and wants to win championships," Scott said Monday. "I don't know if Dwight is that serious about it. I know No. 24 is. I think that probably was the clash."

That quote from Scott is acting like a child? Man, you guys seem really desperate to find something to bash the Lakers over.

Regarding what Dwight said, do you guys still buy Abbott's article? You guys were slurping it up not too long ago. Since, though, all those players Abbott brought up said differently.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKS, it seems you understand the point. I suspect others might be on this page too, including players.

Adds no value, just personal emotion.

I understand the point. You guys love to bash the Lakers and will over any little thing you can find. Oh no, no one is going to want to play on the Lakers because Scott said something about another player. Personal emotion :L

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron's from the (Ingle)Wood, LM.

ISH talk is in his DNA:lol:.

Don't know what she's talking about...:whistle:

He's probably trying to hype his guys up.

On paper, the Lakers should get crushed.

But, revenge is a great motivator.

If Howard takes the bait it would be just what the Dr. ordered.

My team learned that fact the hard way the first game of last Season.

It was a long, cold walk back to the car listening to the Laker fans taunts:bawling:.

Naw, we're Lakers fans. We carry our title mastery with dignity...:yahoo:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny though that any coach, player or fan can beat up on the Lakers verbally when and where they want and then go to into fits of crying when one coach speaks the truth.

Dwight Howard does not have the same drive to win championships that Kobe has - WORD.