• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye, Gronk; Maybe Next Year

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob Gronkowski undergoing back surgery Friday
5729.jpg

Profootballtalk reports Rob Gronkowski will undergo back surgery on Friday.

Per the Buffalo News, Gronk has a "ruptured disk," and will be sidelined roughly eight weeks. It's a devastating blow for the Super Bowl-or-bust Patriots, and will be the third known back operation of Gronk's football playing career. Gronk also went under the knife in 2009 and 2013. If Gronk returns this season, it would probably only be for a theoretical Super Bowl appearance. The Pats have already designated a player to return from injured reserve, so that option is out the window. Martellus Bennett will be a weekly TE1 in his absence. Gronk, who turns 28 in May, has been indestructible even as he weathers injury after injury and surgery after surgery, but at some point, it's going to take a toll.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for those who invested 1st or 2nd rd picks - - but that's true of a lot of guys this yr. ...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked Marty B back up, but I still don't trust his ass after that 49er game debacle.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to get the commish to remove the Can't Cut List so i could drop his ass in the only league I drafted him in.

I definitely made a couple mistakes in my 4 player keeper league this year, but super glad i let Gronk back into the FA pool this season. Only got 4 games this year, a handful of what ifs where he didn't play/record a catch that were more detrimental than benefits in the games he played.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to get the commish to remove the Can't Cut List so i could drop his ass in the only league I drafted him in.

I definitely made a couple mistakes in my 4 player keeper league this year, but super glad i let Gronk back into the FA pool this season. Only got 4 games this year, a handful of what ifs where he didn't play/record a catch that were more detrimental than benefits in the games he played.

Yeah. He's absolutely amazing when he plays. Unfortunately, it's become a broken record now.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld posted this:

The Patriots and Rob Gronkowski's family have released a statement saying he is unlikely to play again this season, but that a final determination will not be made until after he undergoes surgery on Friday.onk'

Of course the speculation is that Gronk is back and healthy for 2017.
But I find it odd that Gronk's family was involved in the statement.
(Unless this is typical and I never noticed?)

I have a hunch he never plays again.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld posted this:

The Patriots and Rob Gronkowski's family have released a statement saying he is unlikely to play again this season, but that a final determination will not be made until after he undergoes surgery on Friday.onk'

Never? I could see if he never plays like Gronk again, but I doubt this will keep him down and out for the count.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is this, his 3rd operation on his back??

Not good. Noooot good.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Gronk's family made the same kinda statement when he was hurt earlier in the season. Not really sure what that's about. Dude sure has taken a beating, tho.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps has some of his family members on payroll as 'handlers' of some type?
so that would give them reason to be the point people for comments regarding injuries and such?

no clue, just guessing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld posted this:

Yeah, it makes it seem like he's dead or incapacitated. The Gronk family asks for your prayers.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it makes it seem like he's dead or incapacitated. The Gronk family asks for your prayers.

Dan Patrick was talking about it this morning; apparently the family has had serious concerns about his health; Dan went so far as to speculate that they think he won't play next season and this might even be a career ending thing.

Gonna be awhile before we know how this one plays out.