• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Testing positive for Covoid19 maybe saved this players life?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn had to be a shocker it is a good thing he tested positive

The Vikes defense is getting hammered though

Vikings LB Cameron Smith needs heart surgery, will miss season

Vikings LB Cameron Smith needs heart surgery, will miss season

Minnesota Vikings linebacker Cameron Smith needs open-heart surgery and will be sidelined for the 2020 season.

Smith announced the development Saturday on Instagram, noting he recently learned through testing positive for COVID-19 that he has a serious heart condition.

"I found out I need open heart surgery to fix a bicuspid aortic valve that I was born with," Smith posted. "Although this will unfortunately end my 2020 season, it is really a blessing that we found this as my heart is severely enlarged and wouldn't have lasted much longer. I found this out after I tested positive for COVID and had to have further testing done as protocol. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but I could really feel him on this one!"

The second-year linebacker added that he's elected to undergo a procedure that will allow him to resume playing football once he heals and is cleared. The Vikings selected Smith in the fifth round of the 2019 draft out of USC, where he was a four-year starter. He appeared in five games as a rookie for Minnesota, collecting eight tackles.

"By no means am I ready to be done playing football, there is still so much more I want to accomplish on the field," Smith wrote. "I'm going to attack this like everything else I have in life. Already looking forward to the comeback!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that's amazing... Thing is though, I hope he does ok with Covid because it can become really aggressive suddenly and even cause long term heart and brain problems... Just talked to an ER doctor and he was saying even with people that show very little symptoms they can end up having enlarged hearts, and brain injury without even knowing it, and eventually it can show itself... Scary virus...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are probably a lot of people out there with congenital heart defects that they’re completely unaware of. Glad he discovered this and wish him the best.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are probably a lot of people out there with congenital heart defects that they’re completely unaware of. Glad he discovered this and wish him the best.

With the amount of medical care an NFL player gets, there is no excuse for this not being found earlier.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of medical care an NFL player gets, there is no excuse for this not being found earlier.

Has he ever had a chest x-ray? If not, what other routine medical test would show that he had an enlarged heart?

Your standard healthy individual isn’t having chest x-rays, echocardiograms, or cardiac MRIs done unless there is a reason to do so.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he ever had a chest x-ray? If not, what other routine medical test would show that he had an enlarged heart?

Your standard healthy individual isn’t having chest x-rays, echocardiograms, or cardiac MRIs done unless there is a reason to do so.

If you are paying a player milions and giving him phyicals and he is dealing with trainers....
They are seeing doctors continuously.
Why would a player who is overweight and getting physicals not getting EKG's and chest xrays?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had mine yesterday because:

A) I'm immuno-supprised, Kidney transplant patiennt

B) Ive been under the weather since Thrusday with food poisioning but my parents wanted to cover all bases, granted i didn;t have a cough.

Very painful and uncomfortable. They have to swab that painful back part of the nose for 10 seconds.

It's good that tests can help discover by putting people in hospital and oppurtunites( sp) for further tests so stuff like this can be discovered.

I hope he gets to live his dreams fulfilled

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great that they found that, but sad that he has to put his career on hold. I hope he can recover and play again. But even if he can't, I hope he has a bright career after football.

@LambeauLegs He wasn't a big part of our defense, just a backup, special teams player. 8 tackles last year. So this isn't a big defensive hit.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are paying a player milions and giving him phyicals and he is dealing with trainers....
They are seeing doctors continuously.
Why would a player who is overweight and getting physicals not getting EKG's and chest xrays?

An EKG would not show an enlarged heart or valve issue. A chest x-ray could show that the heart is enlarged but it would have to be pretty significant to set off any warning bells. And most people don’t get chest x-rays for no reason because of cost but also because of unnecessary exposure to radiation.

Maybe all NFL players should have echocardiograms done. Maybe all kids should have it done by a certain age. I don’t have the answers but it shouldn’t be shocking that an NFL player had something like this go undiagnosed for a long time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An EKG would not show an enlarged heart or valve issue. A chest x-ray could show that the heart is enlarged but it would have to be pretty significant to set off any warning bells. And most people don’t get chest x-rays for no reason because of cost but also because of unnecessary exposure to radiation.

Maybe all NFL players should have echocardiograms done. Maybe all kids should have it done by a certain age. I don’t have the answers but it shouldn’t be shocking that an NFL player had something like this go undiagnosed for a long time.

So now we have 2 opinions.....

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Vikings.

Right back at ya buddy.

tenor.gif