• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BSU talking to Big West for non FB

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the move would increase our california presence

but our upside will be much lower.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as FB ends up somewhere other than that abortion of a merged conference I can live with it.

Way more money in the BE.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as FB ends up somewhere other than that abortion of a merged conference I can live with it.

yeah, we can't jump too early though because if Louisville and Cincinnati both also leave the Big East the Big East is basically doomed. We would be screwed if we were in it.

if Missouri can just get rejected from the SEC already we can move along with our plans

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Big 12 wanted us..............

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Big 12 wanted us..............

I hope Missouri stays in the Big 12 and we go to the Big East and have a few years to build up our facilities, stadium, etc. with the money and then we would definitely be a top candidate for the Big 12.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that hope didn't even last 12 hours

West Virginia's gone

but good news is it appears no one else will be leaving

we should be enough to keep the autobid when you include the BCS bowl's that Cincinnati and Louisville made and Rutgers was pretty good too for awile.

we're in a tough spot because Air Force, SMU, Houston, and UCF are all waiting for what we do because we are the biggest key to the Big East keeping their autobid, if we can get those four plus Navy to pledge to join then we should go for it because the Big 12 is done expanding.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep seeing this, but with losing the teams that they had, do you really think the television contract will be half as big as it is now? You're pretty much gathering Conference USA teams with some MWC teams + Rutgers.

This is not meant as a dig on you guys (I do respect the football that is played, maybe not the field though..), but I don't think that it's a forgone conclusion that they will manage to negotiate a higher deal when looking at basketball and football losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing this, but with losing the teams that they had, do you really think the television contract will be half as big as it is now? You're pretty much gathering Conference USA teams with some MWC teams + Rutgers.

West Virginia is the only one leaving

it will be

Louisville
Rutgers
USF
Cincinnati
Uconn
Boise State
Houston
SMU
UCF
Air Force
Navy

one more maybe ECU or Memphis

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm including Pitt & 'Cuse as well. In my opinion (which I know doesn't mean squat), you'd be better off with the C-USA/MWC merger thing. The teams left in the Big East are not good, and with UConn and Rutgers both among teams to be rumored for possible expansion for ACC or Big Ten, that thins the pool even more.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm including Pitt & 'Cuse as well. In my opinion (which I know doesn't mean squat), you'd be better off with the C-USA/MWC merger thing. The teams left in the Big East are not good, and with UConn and Rutgers both among teams to be rumored for possible expansion for ACC or Big Ten, that thins the pool even more.

I don't think the ACC and Big 10 will expand unless someone else threatens to expand

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the ACC and Big 10 will expand unless someone else threatens to expand

I concur, sir. The only other scenario that I could possibly see is if ND does agree to join one of the two conferences, and I realize how much of a long shot that is.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur, sir. The only other scenario that I could possibly see is if ND does agree to join one of the two conferences, and I realize how much of a long shot that is.

yeah sir, Notre Dame is incredibly stubborn and thinks they mean more than they really do.