• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryz go back to Russia

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Lavy remembers that it was Bobs in net when they won in Minnesota last year and plays him tonight.

Bobs should get the majority of the starts until Bryz proves he can stop letting soft goals in every game. Unfortunately -- he'll have to show this in limited work. If we let Bryz play through his struggles, we run the risk of sinking like a rock in the standings.

Last edited by a moderator:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dno if that's true.. i'd say this team is built to win in a year or two (keep battling timo, we need you!)

at least the forwards are set up to win in a year or two.. the pleasant thing is, this team is competing right now too

I guess I look at it from the perspective that we are 4 points out of the best record in the entire league -- and Bryz alone has cost us a handful of games. If we had solid goaltending from both guys all year, we'd be a very dangerous team.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dno if that's true.. i'd say this team is built to win in a year or two (keep battling timo, we need you!)

at least the forwards are set up to win in a year or two.. the pleasant thing is, this team is competing right now too

Then if this was true we would have never went after Jagr, This team could win it all now with a healthy solid defense and a Good solid goalie..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look at it from the perspective that we are 4 points out of the best record in the entire league -- and Bryz alone has cost us a handful of games. If we had solid goaltending from both guys all year, we'd be a very dangerous team.

ya i can agree w/ that, but this team as is will be better in a year or two than it is now.. the fact that they have been this good, this season, is a surprise to everyone i think.. especially considering the goaltending play

and phaith, the problem is he hasn't been solid in stopping the ones he should stop.. minor redirections that change from hitting him in the chest to going 5-hole or between his arms, are saves that have to be made. i dont care that it got redirected, a solid goalie gets square to the shooter with no holes so that slight tips still hit him.. if its a shot thats going wide that gets deflected in behind him, or a deflection on a shot that's going top shelf and ends up on the ice, or a deflection that's on the ice and ends up over his shoulder, its a different story, but these slight redirections where the broadcasters slow it down to 10% speed to see if it changed direction, isn't enough of a change of direction to mean bryz is blamess.. if you can't tell on a half speed replay if the puck changed direction, it should be a save.. if bob can do it, bryz can do it.

and if he doesn't figure that out, the flyers have absolutely no chance in the playoffs with bryz in net. the traffic and tips are only going to get worse in the playoffs because that's when they start driving the net.. i'm not saying the defense is blameless, they have to do a better job clearing the path for bryz or getting in front of shots, but shots are going to get through and there is going to be traffic, that is playoff hockey.. and if he cant stop minor deflections, his GAA will go up even from his shotty regular season numbers thus far

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then if this was true we would have never went after Jagr, This team could win it all now with a healthy solid defense and a Good solid goalie..

i see what you're saying about jagr, but the rest of your post basically says the team isn't built to win now.. a healthy solid defense - we dont have.. and a good solid goalie - we dont have (unless bob continues his play)

i'm not saying the team cant compete as is.. but homer was not thinking of a stanley cup this year when he made the trades he did in the off-season.. that's why i say it's not built to win this year.. it worked out and this team could win this year, but it was built to win in the future

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see what you're saying about jagr, but the rest of your post basically says the team isn't built to win now.. a healthy solid defense - we dont have.. and a good solid goalie - we dont have (unless bob continues his play)

i'm not saying the team cant compete as is.. but homer was not thinking of a stanley cup this year when he made the trades he did in the off-season.. that's why i say it's not built to win this year.. it worked out and this team could win this year, but it was built to win in the future

Okay, here's my take. You may be right to a point, but I think Homer saw them seriously contending next year with this year a "let's build a chemistry and gel" type thing. That being said I like the way Bob is being used this year. If he keeps getting starts and winning and performing well, Then His confidence will build. With Bryz fucking off at least 15 more starts it keeps Bob fresher and more focused. He may be the starter going into the playoffs and with a healthy confidence he may be dangerous, sad part is I don't think any of us fans truly know his potential. Maybe it took Bryz to push Bob?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, here's my take. You may be right to a point, but I think Homer saw them seriously contending next year with this year a "let's build a chemistry and gel" type thing. That being said I like the way Bob is being used this year. If he keeps getting starts and winning and performing well, Then His confidence will build. With Bryz fucking off at least 15 more starts it keeps Bob fresher and more focused. He may be the starter going into the playoffs and with a healthy confidence he may be dangerous, sad part is I don't think any of us fans truly know his potential. Maybe it took Bryz to push Bob?

alright.. i can agree w/ that.. and i like the way bob is being used too.. we talk about him playing against weaker opponents, i bet that was intentional.. to, like you said, get his confidence up.. and i think that's a smart move.. they're going to need to get him out there against higher quality opponents soon though now that people have talked about it, or he's going to think they're only playing him against bad teams cause they think he's bad.. who knows if that's how he'd react, goalies are crazy..

currently i still dont think the flyers have any intention of giving bob the job.. i dont think they will consider having bob be the full time start until at least march.. they are doing fine with bryz sucking, so i think they'll ride it out as long as they can to see if he can get it figured out..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post

There are way too many soft goals that he has let in,to be blamed on the defence.

He needs a serious wakeup call,and I think bringing in Leighton for backup to Bobs would give him the message.

just no.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright.. i can agree w/ that.. and i like the way bob is being used too.. we talk about him playing against weaker opponents, i bet that was intentional.. to, like you said, get his confidence up.. and i think that's a smart move.. they're going to need to get him out there against higher quality opponents soon though now that people have talked about it, or he's going to think they're only playing him against bad teams cause they think he's bad.. who knows if that's how he'd react, goalies are crazy..

currently i still dont think the flyers have any intention of giving bob the job.. i dont think they will consider having bob be the full time start until at least march.. they are doing fine with bryz sucking, so i think they'll ride it out as long as they can to see if he can get it figured out..

I think we'll see him get some Quality starts in the 2nd half of the season, he looked pretty solid against the Rags in the Classic, I would like to see him start against the Bruins and a couple of more Good teams to see where he's at, even if he loses a few as long as there not blow outs I feel he'll get better..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see him get some Quality starts in the 2nd half of the season, he looked pretty solid against the Rags in the Classic, I would like to see him start against the Bruins and a couple of more Good teams to see where he's at, even if he loses a few as long as there not blow outs I feel he'll get better..

eh.. i didnt think he looked all that good in the classic, but i think thats a whole different beast than playing a normal regular season game against the top flight teams.. and i too think he'll get a shot and some of the cup favorites in the 2nd half.. i think we'll probably see him this week play against some of the top flight teams.. i assume he'll get either the devils or the bruins this weekend

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Morganti that said it best. Even on deflictions, tips, etc., Bryz is nowhere near the puck. His positioning is way off. Bob, on the other hand has improved his positioning tenfold from last year.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And so this isn't a big problem for you? How many curve balls do you think are gonna be served to him in the playoffs? I want a goalie who can save more than just the basic shots. Bob hasn't been bad at all this year and has made some amazing saves, Bryz, not so much..

I think it starts with defensemen that can clear these guys off Bryz's porch. We just let them stand there and get this opportunity to change the direction of the puck.

I'd like to see what happens after that.