• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper or Mike Trout

Who's better?

• Total voters

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor man's miggy..... really. Both of them. Trout is the most over rated player in last 30 years

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor man's miggy..... really. Both of them. Trout is the most over rated player in last 30 years

Except that they are both better hitters than Cabrera was at their ages and have far more defensive/baserunning value than he ever did. Not fair to compare prime Cabrera with the bat to such young guys.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the guy who beat Harper out for the NL batting title on the last day of last season has now been busted for PEDs.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Sullivan's stuff. This will always be my favorite piece by him:

Santiago Casilla And The Worst Plate Appearance In Baseball History

Reminds me of talking to my daughter after she pitched and won a game...her curve, screw, and rise were all on, and she even threw a few good changes, which is the pitch she has the least touch for. She threw 4-5 pitches in the dirt in one inning, and I figured that they were drops and she just didn't have that pitch that day. I asked her about those pitches later, and she said, "Oh, that was my fastball."

?????

Throws a couple of dozen curves with steam on them over the outside corner for strikes, and bounces the FASTBALL!?!?

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that they are both better hitters than Cabrera was at their ages and have far more defensive/baserunning value than he ever did. Not fair to compare prime Cabrera with the bat to such young guys.

See, but they don't play for Detroit, so they must suck.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumpity bump

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper has been in a slump lately, but the Cubs still walked him 6 times yesterday and he reached base 7 times total without an AB due to a HBP. Bryce also drew 13 total walks in a 4 game series.
Maddon said he knew Harper did not bring a hot bat into the series, but still did not want to give him a chance to get hot. Cubs swept. I give Dusty Baker credit for saying that Bryce needed to stay patient and not go out of the zone, that is out of keeping with previous comments of his on that topic.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the winner of this face off against Manny Machado?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harper has been in a slump lately, but the Cubs still walked him 6 times yesterday and he reached base 7 times total without an AB due to a HBP. Bryce also drew 13 total walks in a 4 game series.
Maddon said he knew Harper did not bring a hot bat into the series, but still did not want to give him a chance to get hot. Cubs swept. I give Dusty Baker credit for saying that Bryce needed to stay patient and not go out of the zone, that is out of keeping with previous comments of his on that topic.

I'm wondering if it's not so much that he's slumping, but pitchers literally aren't giving him shit to hit. With Zimmerman hitting so badly as protection.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the winner of this face off against Manny Machado?

Machado's an awesome talent, but given my choice of the three, there's no doubt I'd take the other two over him. Hands down.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Machado's an awesome talent, but given my choice of the three, there's no doubt I'd take the other two over him. Hands down.

If the analogy to Harper/Trout is Brady to Manning, then Machado would be like Rodgers. Nothing against Machado, he's just not Harper or Trout- though he is trying like hell to shove himself in the conversation.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the analogy to Harper/Trout is Brady to Manning, then Machado would be like Rodgers. Nothing against Machado, he's just not Harper or Trout- though he is trying like hell to shove himself in the conversation.

If he performed as well as -- or even better than -- Harper or Trout, I'd still go hands down with Harper or Trout.

Machado is 23 and has already had both knees operated on and missed significant time in the minors and majors because of those knees.

As I said, he's awesome talent, but his durability is a concern for me.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm biased for sure, but are you factoring in what an impact Machado makes defensively?

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if it's not so much that he's slumping, but pitchers literally aren't giving him shit to hit. With Zimmerman hitting so badly as protection.

That's likely, but he had a long string of not getting many hits or walks, with some multiple K games thrown in...if he's swinging at the shit they throw him, shame on him and that's still a slump to me. Gotta at least make them get you out with some strikes.