• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Allen adamant that KC will be back next year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - if Cousins is mid level then RG3 is bargain basement level. Over the weekend I saw a girl wearing an RG3 Redskins jersey. I asked her why in the hell she was wearing it & where she found it. She said that she found it in a clearance bin for $10 - true story - LOL.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,10 bucks huh? Poor 3, people are still thinking about him in DC!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

the only one i can remember is matt mcgloin who has a career 1-7 record , is a sub 60% career passer , has 11 tds and 11 ints , and when his big chance came he couldnt stay healthy to seize it

so if that is what you are putting up , that is laughable

So he was Kirk before Kirk got an opportunity to work in this system. Got it!! Interesting that you couldn't think of one, and when you did, you thought of one of the worse. As I said, interesting!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he was Kirk before Kirk got an opportunity to work in this system. Got it!! Interesting that you couldn't think of one, and when you did, you thought of one of the worse. As I said, interesting!
well give me the other ones then ? its not that hard

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing that some here still consider Kirk nothing more than "functional". While I agree won/loss records are not fair if we are going to use that tool let's look at the 5 win team Kirk inherited and turned into winning seasons.

But all this is silly, this is all about should we retain Kirk Cousins. As Dad said if Stymie can produce another viable alternative at the position then he should state his case.

I did, and won't do again, if you missed it.....Oh well!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk showed he can produce for two straight years and will only get better. One season can sometimes be a fluke. Doing it again though is usually a good sign

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk showed he can produce for two straight years and will only get better. One season can sometimes be a fluke. Doing it again though is usually a good sign

Very good point, but are we sure that the major step back that he's taken in 2016 is not where he's going to be going forward? (Red Zone efficiency in 2015 7th....in 2016 17th)

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better run game will fix that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kirk because of his style of play though will never progress to the type of QB some fans seem to want. If you notice the comparisons generally tend to be, well he will never be as good as Rogers/Wilson. He doesnt have as much potential as Prescott. Most of the comparisons are to the mobile, have a tendency to make things happen outside the pocket type QBs.

Aside from myself, I have rarely seen him compared to the good pocket passers of this generation or the NFL in general. Which does lend me to think that his style of play is actually yet another turn off for some of the fans out there. The second biggest complaint I noticed after the Giants game was, well he should have just pulled it down and run because the middle of the field was open.

Kirk will likely never be that guy. And i think that is a sticking point. Possibly the deal breaker for some.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think he possibly could've ran it on that play. I also believe that is the part of his game that he needs to improve and I think he will. I don't want him running it too much though I'd rather have him stay healthy

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Sty you blow our metrics out but accept yours. I accept that W/L is important to a good QB but it cannot be a sole metric.

I NEVER said that it was the sole metric, merely the most important one by NFL standards. Other metrics are useful as well. In as much as dismissing others metrics and favoring my own, this is not true, however, connecting Dad's request here, When I offered my list of mid-level player who IMO might be able to duplicate or out perform Kirk, what happened? Talk about being dismissive!! This last bit is not aimed at you specifically, but rather those who did.

The QB cannot be held responsible for defense, he cannot kick field goals or be held responsible for special teams and he cannot be held responsible for coaching. You also made him responsible for the red zone issues this year. He is not LeBron James or Kobe Bryant. In the NBA a player can dominate a game (although that is changing.) Football is the ultimate team game. You say you plated the game and if so you would know that.

No argument from me on this score, however, somewhere along the line people decided that the ultimate team game needed to place a greater emphasis upon one position. He gets too much praise for wins and too much blame for losses, that is just the way it is now days. That said, I don't HAVE to accept this (which I don't) as I share my views with you guys. To me the QB is just another position on the TEAM. No more and certainly no less than any other one. Maybe this is why I'm getting the blow-back that I am, when I state that a QB can be replaced more easily than most want to believe.

BTW, did you give him credit for the good red zone stats the year before that?

Anyone who saw, read or has followed my opinion on the Red Zone metric that I posted will KNOW that I gave full credit to Kirk for being the 7th rated QB in Red Zone efficiency during the 2015 season. Again, I was asked for a metric that showed where Kirk had taken a step back during the 2016 season. I Did and it was against that offering that some seem to take offense. I suspect that, not wanting to believe that he did, played a great part in the blow-back that I received. Kind of a kill the messenger sort of thing. Oh well!![/QUOTE]

Sty, I love you man so I don't want to kill the messenger. You just can't be the QB coach on my team. :pound:Other than that we are all good. :thumb:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is what it is then which tells me its a dodge

Sorry Im calling bull on this. I dont agree with a lot of the names Sty throws out as being good replacements. But he has done it several times and I have on several occasions outlined my thoughts about what we would do if we had to replace him (and why who the replacement is really doesnt matter). You can disagree with him or me all you want but dont act like we're dodging and avoiding the question. Thats a load of BS.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk because of his style of play though will never progress to the type of QB some fans seem to want. If you notice the comparisons generally tend to be, well he will never be as good as Rogers/Wilson. He doesnt have as much potential as Prescott. Most of the comparisons are to the mobile, have a tendency to make things happen outside the pocket type QBs.

Aside from myself, I have rarely seen him compared to the good pocket passers of this generation or the NFL in general. Which does lend me to think that his style of play is actually yet another turn off for some of the fans out there. The second biggest complaint I noticed after the Giants game was, well he should have just pulled it down and run because the middle of the field was open.

Kirk will likely never be that guy. And i think that is a sticking point. Possibly the deal breaker for some.

Not true. Wilson and Rodgers are good and exceptional pocket passers respectively. No Kirk can never have the mobility of Russell and he just wont ever be Rodgers (nobody can be) but he COULD be Brees or Brady and Ive said this many times. He just isnt likely too because theyre all time greats.

As for style of play I would like if he created and/or bought time with his feet a little more but its not like he lacks the athleticism to do it. I think that just might be the next stage of his development and what I hope to see from him next year.

And plenty of people comp him to pocket passers. In Stys thread Matt Ryan, Brees, and Stafford seemed to be the 3 most common names. Hes been compared to Dalton before as well as a young Romo. And before the season when asked who I most compared to him I said Stafford. So no it is not rare for him to be compared to pocket passers.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Im calling bull on this. I dont agree with a lot of the names Sty throws out as being good replacements. But he has done it several times and I have on several occasions outlined my thoughts about what we would do if we had to replace him (and why who the replacement is really doesnt matter). You can disagree with him or me all you want but dont act like we're dodging and avoiding the question. Thats a load of BS.
then put it out there then, show me and i will change my mind until then its a dodge you calling BS or not

the only names that ever come out are the ones i put out there

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not worry about it. The more time goes by the more I see that these are the views of the minority of Redskins fans (& yes some of them are bitter RG3 lovers). In any case - in a few months this likely will be irrelevant when Cousins is signed. If some of these fans don't like it - tough. He will be their QB - like it or not.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then put it out there then, show me and i will change my mind until then its a dodge you calling BS or not

the only names that ever come out are the ones i put out there

That's the point. We have shown you. But you keep claiming we're dodging and not putting anything out there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. We have shown you. But you keep claiming we're dodging and not putting anything out there.
no you havent , I have shown me , the names come from me , in almost every turn . and geez just how hard is it to stand by your conviction and restate the names ? i am asked to do that all the damn time and i do it . so to me its dodge , if it isnt to you then so be it however my opinion and my opinion only will take into consideration your position as being flawed if you cant give names that can can be debated and it will be stated as such

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem comes in the names that are thrown out.

Hoyer
Fitzpatrick
Taylor

The majority of the names are thrown out under the assumption that what Cousins did is some what easy to replace and it might be better to take some one elses failed experiment because it would be both cheaper and would not have us committed to Cousins. And there is always the what if factor.... as in what if we commit to cousins, pass on (insert rookie here) and they are the next (insert any one but Cousins here as long as they are considered elite or possibly elite).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done with this shit!!