• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns reportedly back in on Jimmy Garoppolo

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt had his best year this past year, i dunno not really seeing much. career underachiever , every opportunity to be a stud and couldn't do it
Britt not any big get for the Browns, that's true, but like a lot of athletes Pryor had delusions of his worth and wanted to be over paid big time. I don't blame them for moving on.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you speaking on?
Thermocouple response times in a fusion environment. MIT has been using a probe of ours for 5 years running in a fusion experiment thats since been decommissioned. Im not a keynote...just a guy.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Browns ready to make another push for Jimmy Garoppolo

Jimmy Garoppolo is back in the news and, naturally, the Cleveland Browns are involved.

According to Tony Grossi who covers the Browns for ESPN 850 WKNR, the team will revisit a potential Garoppolo deal with the New England Patriots when the head honchos of each NFL franchise meets in Arizona for the league meetings.

Reports surfaced of the Browns pursuit of the New England quarterback back during the NFL Combine when the entire league was under the roof of Lucas Oil Stadium, so given that they'll be back together again it's not a massive surprise that this topic has popped up again too.

The Browns traded for Brock Osweiler in a deal with the Houston Texans earlier this offseason, but rumblings from Northeast Ohio make it seem like he is not the longterm or short term answer at quarterback for them.

That would appear why they are still reportedly after Garoppolo.

Meanwhile, elite NFL Insider Adam Schefter has reported that Garoppolo will remain with the Patriots for the 2017 season and has been very adamant about that report ever since.

Given his word, it seems dang near impossible to pry him away from Foxboro this offseason.

Then again, with Cleveland's array of high draft picks and the Patriots lack of a first or second rounder, there could be the pieces of package laying around that could be put together to try and knock the socks off of Bill Belichick and company.

Really the question becomes more about Cleveland's willingness to offer such a deal and, more importantly, is New England willing to accept it.

Only time will tell on that.
Same old dysfunctional Browns. They are the laughingstock of the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thermocouple response times in a fusion environment. MIT has been using a probe of ours for 5 years running in a fusion experiment thats since been decommissioned. Im not a keynote...just a guy.

Sounds like fun. Did they discover anything revolutionary with the experiment?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the 49ers and Bears not looking at QB? Both have a huge need.
Rebuilding. No sense on getting in on action with yet another NE castoff QB who has not really proven himself. 9ers signed Hoyer for the moment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding. No sense on getting in on action with yet another NE castoff QB who has not really proven himself. 9ers signed Hoyer for the moment.

I meant more in the draft. Get a very cost controlled rookie. I understand if they don't like any of the QB's in this draft as most of them are projects but at the same time so are the 49ers right now so could line up well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt not any big get for the Browns, that's true, but like a lot of athletes Pryor had delusions of his worth and wanted to be over paid big time. I don't blame them for moving on.
britt 4 ye 32.5 mill
Pryor 1 yr 8mill who would u rather have

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant more in the draft. Get a very cost controlled rookie. I understand if they don't like any of the QB's in this draft as most of them are projects but at the same time so are the 49ers right now so could line up well.
The 9ers are looking at some but no real news about it. It won't be in the first round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9ers are looking at some but no real news about it. It won't be in the first round.

Good to know. Seems like I heard a while ago they were interested in Mitch but that was a few weeks ago.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt 4 ye 32.5 mill
Pryor 1 yr 8mill who would u rather have
Yup, Pryor could of made more taking the Browns offer and got more security, but he turned it down. Now it's Coleman turn to be the WR1 for the Browns. Who knows maybe next off season Pryor comes back to the Browns. I'm with the Browns, " here's our offer, think it's a fair and good offer " and if he turns it down on to the next player.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Pryor could of made more taking the Browns offer and got more security, but he turned it down. Now it's Coleman turn to be the WR1 for the Browns. Who knows maybe next off season Pryor comes back to the Browns. I'm with the Browns, " here's our offer, think it's a fair and good offer " and if he turns it down on to the next player.
christ i'd rather have many others

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to be a starter there will be limited options really. Browns, Jets, Bears maybe Texans Cardinals and Bills. So just wait a year even with Jimmy G they arent going to win much keep the picks and use up some of that space they have next year to offer him a monster deal.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G for #12 makes sense to me.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Browns ready to make another push for Jimmy Garoppolo

Jimmy Garoppolo is back in the news and, naturally, the Cleveland Browns are involved.

According to Tony Grossi who covers the Browns for ESPN 850 WKNR, the team will revisit a potential Garoppolo deal with the New England Patriots when the head honchos of each NFL franchise meets in Arizona for the league meetings.

Reports surfaced of the Browns pursuit of the New England quarterback back during the NFL Combine when the entire league was under the roof of Lucas Oil Stadium, so given that they'll be back together again it's not a massive surprise that this topic has popped up again too.

The Browns traded for Brock Osweiler in a deal with the Houston Texans earlier this offseason, but rumblings from Northeast Ohio make it seem like he is not the longterm or short term answer at quarterback for them.

That would appear why they are still reportedly after Garoppolo.

Meanwhile, elite NFL Insider Adam Schefter has reported that Garoppolo will remain with the Patriots for the 2017 season and has been very adamant about that report ever since.

Given his word, it seems dang near impossible to pry him away from Foxboro this offseason.

Then again, with Cleveland's array of high draft picks and the Patriots lack of a first or second rounder, there could be the pieces of package laying around that could be put together to try and knock the socks off of Bill Belichick and company.

Really the question becomes more about Cleveland's willingness to offer such a deal and, more importantly, is New England willing to accept it.

Only time will tell on that.
Is this Jimmy Garoppolo another Matt Flynn?

Reactions: GNG