• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns reportedly back in on Jimmy Garoppolo

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still like pryor better

True but........

If the guy doesn't want to play for you and the only way that he would is to over pay then you really have two options. Over pay or say C ya. In the age of salary cap teams that over pay end up getting bit more often than not.

You are going to argue that no matter what the Browns do/did they fucked up. I get it, it is the Browns but I think they made the correct decision on not overpaying for a WR especially when they do not have their QB in place yet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u signed britt? the classic career long under achiever... wooo
And Pryor, the career long player without a position who finally had a good season, even though it wasn't even as good as Britt's season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i wouldn't exactly believe anything the 49ers say about the QB position right now. The Bears good point. I keep forgetting that terrible signing of Glennon. I do think the Bills though could be looking at a QB. They don't seem all that committed to their guy beyond this next season. And AZ is one I could see jumping the Browns to get their QB of the future. Maybe they luck out. So much will change between now and April 27th.
I'm not sure what to think about SF. They have so many needs, I'm not sure they'd grab a QB as high as 2, especially since they would likely be able to grab Mahomes or Kizer with their 2nd round pick. I'd also be shocked if Buffalo reached on a first round pick this year with Taylor and Cardale in the QB room already. Arizona is an interesting situation, but they'd need a lot of firepower to overcome what Cleveland can do in regards to moving up. Would they mortgage their future this year for that?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
britt had his best year this past year, i dunno not really seeing much. career underachiever , every opportunity to be a stud and couldn't do it
Look at his career compared to Pryor's and tell me who has been more impressive. Also, what do you mean by "every opportunity"? His QB situation with the Rams was just as bad, if not worse, than Pryor's in Cleveland last year. Besides, who's the best QB he's ever even played with? Matt Hasselbeck? Nick Foles?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his career compared to Pryor's and tell me who has been more impressive. Also, what do you mean by "every opportunity"? His QB situation with the Rams was just as bad, if not worse, than Pryor's in Cleveland last year. Besides, who's the best QB he's ever even played with? Matt Hasselbeck? Nick Foles?
tennessee as wel boss, come on

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Pryor, the career long player without a position who finally had a good season, even though it wasn't even as good as Britt's season.
again a developing talent or a guy who avg38 catches a year, 610 yards and about 3td a year in 8 seasons

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't been a single quote from anyone in the Brown's front office saying they are interested in acquiring Giraffalo. Amazing how much fake news can emerge from dumbassery speculation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again a developing talent or a guy who avg38 catches a year, 610 yards and about 3td a year in 8 seasons
LOL come on. Developing talent? They're almost the same exact age, and Britt is coming off a better season. Four seasons of 700+ yards receiving with shit QBs. Pryor is an athlete who caught some folks off guard this year. If he's elite, good for him. The Browns played the situation correctly. Unfortunately Pryor has a snake for an agent.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pryor 77 catches 1007 yards 4 td

britt 68 catches 1002 yards 5 td

how was britts season better?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pryor 77 catches 1007 yards 4 td

britt 68 catches 1002 yards 5 td

how was britts season better?
Britt had a higher YPC and more TDs on 30 fewer targets than Pryor was given. Give those targets to Britt and he likely blows Pryor's numbers out of the water.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt had a higher YPC and more TDs on 30 fewer targets than Pryor was given. Give those targets to Britt and he likely blows Pryor's numbers out of the water.
could of should of would of, maybe britt wasn't open and couldn't get targets bc of his poor work ethic? just a though.........the numbers stand

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could of should of would of, maybe britt wasn't open and couldn't get targets bc of his poor work ethic? just a though.........the numbers stand
Well that's retarded logic. Yes they stand and Britt's were still better. Basically the same yardage and more touchdowns on fewer targets. More efficient WR without the drama from his agent. Slam dunk signing for the Browns. I'm guessing you're a little nervous that the Browns are getting it together. Understandable, the Steelers are entering their twilight.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's retarded logic. Yes they stand and Britt's were still better. Basically the same yardage and more touchdowns on fewer targets. More efficient WR without the drama from his agent. Slam dunk signing for the Browns. I'm guessing you're a little nervous that the Browns are getting it together. Understandable, the Steelers are entering their twilight.
yes, very nervous about the browns

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks i needed a laugh today
:shrug:

Sure seems that way. I'd be nervous if I were you. AB is worthless once Ben gets broken in half by Myles Garrett, and who else you gonna put back there, Landry Jones?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Browns ready to make another push for Jimmy Garoppolo

Jimmy Garoppolo is back in the news and, naturally, the Cleveland Browns are involved.

According to Tony Grossi who covers the Browns for ESPN 850 WKNR, the team will revisit a potential Garoppolo deal with the New England Patriots when the head honchos of each NFL franchise meets in Arizona for the league meetings.

Reports surfaced of the Browns pursuit of the New England quarterback back during the NFL Combine when the entire league was under the roof of Lucas Oil Stadium, so given that they'll be back together again it's not a massive surprise that this topic has popped up again too.

The Browns traded for Brock Osweiler in a deal with the Houston Texans earlier this offseason, but rumblings from Northeast Ohio make it seem like he is not the longterm or short term answer at quarterback for them.

That would appear why they are still reportedly after Garoppolo.

Meanwhile, elite NFL Insider Adam Schefter has reported that Garoppolo will remain with the Patriots for the 2017 season and has been very adamant about that report ever since.

Given his word, it seems dang near impossible to pry him away from Foxboro this offseason.

Then again, with Cleveland's array of high draft picks and the Patriots lack of a first or second rounder, there could be the pieces of package laying around that could be put together to try and knock the socks off of Bill Belichick and company.

Really the question becomes more about Cleveland's willingness to offer such a deal and, more importantly, is New England willing to accept it.

Only time will tell on that.

The Browns would be better suited keeping their picks and drafting Watson or Trubisky with the #12 overall.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shrug:

Sure seems that way. I'd be nervous if I were you. AB is worthless once Ben gets broken in half by Myles Garrett, and who else you gonna put back there, Landry Jones?
you must live in a dream world. after that comment we're done here