• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have a solid team, but this signing does not look good. I think they gave up early on Baker and a lot of picks for an unproven QB. Too much hype.

Anyway, hope this works for the Browns. Good fans!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope watson fails miserably. Nothing against the Browns, but I thought Watson was a C*nt before I found out about his sexual assaults.
He is definitely not a locker room guy. figure the browns have possibly one year while he is still the shiny new toy. After that he will be deteriorating the team from inside out. Also after year one players will be getting released (instead of being resigned) to afford him & with giving up all your good draft picks while releasing your quality players. Well not looking good for their future.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have a solid team, but this signing does not look good. I think they gave up early on Baker and a lot of picks for an unproven QB. Too much hype.
The Browns gave up early on a guy who's been the starter there for 4 years? ...:crazy:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Browns.

And e’rybody loves a happy ending.
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh okay... enjoy your time against Denver, KC, LV, NWE, Balti, Tenn, LV (wait there's two now? Eh that's right fuck it), Buff, Cinci (x2).. etc.

Who even is Cleveland? Oh yah.. uh. ......... uh they're orange.. and a QB that hasn't played for like 2 years is now getting paid $50M per year.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ooooooooh... yah..... oh Miles... oh we have some guy that runs miles. ........... G.... Garrett? Hmmm oh yah that guy...

Ah well fuck it, 8-9. Browns going to Brown. And then we get to look forward to the Browns #1 overall draft pick in about 2025.
You've gone off the fucking rails, Shark. The Browns odds to win the SB went from 40-1 (before) to 16-1 (after).

Who do they have? Watson, Cooper, Hunt, Chubb and I'm sure they'll add a vet WR.

Defensively they have a pretty good squad too.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've gone off the fucking rails, Shark. The Browns odds to win the SB went from 40-1 (before) to 16-1 (after).

Who do they have? Watson, Cooper, Hunt, Chubb and I'm sure they'll add a vet WR.

Defensively they have a pretty good squad too.

DJ... I'm going to dial you back a bit here... and just leave you with one final statement..

IT'S THE BROWNS.

Now please collect yourself and rejoin the forum. "I'm sure they'll add a vet WR." This is the kind of statement that gets people hurt...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also based on how the deal is built his cap hit is actually lower on the back end. 32 million in year 4. That's 14 million less than Mahomes and 19 million less than Allen.

If he performs as he did his first 4 years that could actually be bargain compared to league average for a star qb.
I haven’t yet found the breakdown by year but I struggle to see how this is true. First off his year 1 salary is only $1M so how does it get lower after that; at least for the first 5 years while the SB is allocated. Secondly and more importantly they are likely going to be restructuring the deal which will push money into the later years.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t yet found the breakdown by year but I struggle to see how this is true. First off his year 1 salary is only $1M so how does it get lower after that; at least for the first 5 years while the SB is allocated. Secondly and more importantly they are likely going to be restructuring the deal which will push money into the later years.

Browns are basically tied to Watson for the next decade... similar to Rodgers they can push money in the future.. but it's going to be IMPOSSIBLE to trade him without Goodell or rule changes in the NFL for cap. If Watson gets injured or just decides to mail it in the rest of his career... the Browns are basically irrelevant for his contract.

Now is that a big risk? Well not really.. the Browns have been irrelevant for basically 70+ years so nobody really cares... but if I'm a Browns fan I am SUPER disappointed by this contract.

Trade? Eh... I'll grade it a B... you got a guy younger than Wilson who is IMO better than Wilson... but some off field concerns. Still, the overall value makes sense and Baker Mayfraud is a terrible QB (Seattle please don't...)

Contract? F

One of the worst contracts I've seen. Good lord... RIP Cleveland if Watson doesn't pan out... This is also a QB that despite a fantastic season led a team to 4-12... I mean... good God. And he's still stuck in the AFC with FAR superior teams/competition.

More I think about it the whole scenario.. lmao... I mean it's the Browns to a TEE. Thanks God things are back to normal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Baker is traded and after June 1st Hoop’s cap hit goes off the books they have $30M in cap without counting any more cuts or restructures. Amari, DPJ, Grant but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got Will Fuller or another #2. They will be fine. Plus they have the option of adding a talented WR in the draft and will likely have 3 2nd’s for steam to move up if needed, that WR is special. Jamison Williams could fall to last 1st
Don’t they only have 1 second?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ... I'm going to dial you back a bit here... and just leave you with one final statement..

IT'S THE BROWNS.

Now please collect yourself and rejoin the forum. "I'm sure they'll add a vet WR." This is the kind of statement that gets people hurt...
You should probably worry more about the Seahawks.....LOL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should probably worry more about the Seahawks.....LOL.

Oh for sure.

What I will say about the Seahawks at least right now is they are basically 'free' in 2024... they've made some solid moves in the offseason and still field a somewhat competitive team (WR, TE, secondary is decent)... that said, if they do draft a QB this year (which I believe they will do) and it doesn't work out, they're not fucked for the foreseeable future. Almost ALL of their contracts this offseason have been 2 or less year deals. There's very little commitment, but at the same time they've acquired decent talent. I expect Seattle to be competitive this year. They haven't blown it up entirely.

If Watson doesn't work out.. Cleveland is FUCKED for the next 6+ years. And the Browns are not going to be able to surround him with much talent given that MASSIVE contract...

Browns are basically win now... at the WORST possible time... The AFC is INSANE at the moment.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure.

What I will say about the Seahawks at least right now is they are basically 'free' in 2024... they've made some solid moves in the offseason and still field a somewhat competitive team (WR, TE, secondary is decent)... that said, if they do draft a QB this year (which I believe they will do) and it doesn't work out, they're not fucked for the foreseeable future. Almost ALL of their contracts this offseason have been 2 or less year deals. There's very little commitment, but at the same time they've acquired decent talent. I expect Seattle to be competitive this year. They haven't blown it up entirely.

If Watson doesn't work out.. Cleveland is FUCKED for the next 6+ years. And the Browns are not going to be able to surround him with much talent given that MASSIVE contract...

Browns are basically win now... at the WORST possible time... The AFC is INSANE at the moment.
Competitive with LA, SF and Arizona when you'll have Lock or a rookie at QB? Seriously?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competitive with LA, SF and Arizona when you'll have Lock or a rookie at QB? Seriously?

LA is still okay.
San Fran will likely be starting a new QB and is in some cap trouble.
Arizona has completely imploded.

The NFC West is where the AFC West will be in 1-2 years.

And Seattle's goal is basically Mac Jones/Patriots at the moment. Be competitive enough to help a young QB along. Drew Lock will not be the starter. Writing is on the wall with that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is still okay.
San Fran will likely be starting a new QB and is in some cap trouble.
Arizona has completely imploded.

The NFC West is where the AFC West will be in 1-2 years.

And Seattle's goal is basically Mac Jones/Patriots at the moment. Be competitive enough to help a young QB along. Drew Lock will not be the starter. Writing is on the wall with that.
You need to be going with Lock. This draft isn't good for a QB. '23 is where it's at.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper is not gonna cut it lol. I hope they know this.

There was a breakdown on over the cap yesterday they apparently pulled it to fact check the numbers. You could be right. Not sure now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure.

You have done this whole ALL CAPS ranting nonsense when it comes to the Browns as long as I've been on this board. Not sure what your hard on is for them. Maybe Paul Brown banged your grandma or something

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t realize the guaranteed money was this far above the previous high. Interesting for a guy with clear off the field issues

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 26. This upcoming season is virtually irrelevant considering the idea would be he's a star for the next decade. Which is what Cleveland expects. Obviously.

It's a gamble. For sure. But not any more of a gamble than hoping Baker pans out.

The net net on Watson isn't just what they gave up to get him. They will get some back by moving Baker.
Don't kid yourself. It's nice that he's young, but they pulled the trigger on this to win now. This is a win now roster.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have done this whole ALL CAPS ranting nonsense when it comes to the Browns as long as I've been on this board. Not sure what your hard on is for them. Maybe Paul Brown banged your grandma or something

Stakes I mean I dunno what to say to ya..

It was one of the dumbest contracts of all time. You signed a guy that has been out of the league a year and dealing with upset pussy... to a fully guaranteed contract for the future? Like WTF were the Browns thinking? Had Seattle done this trade I would've graded it an F as well.

As for the general all caps... I mean it's funny as fuck that the Browns have been run this poorly for this long. I mean it's kind of hilarious, you gotta admit. I mean not trying to bash you or a Browns fan by any means..