• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't kid yourself. It's nice that he's young, but they pulled the trigger on this to win now. This is a win now roster.

It definitely is. All the other pieces are in their prime years. There is no time to fuck around. Not saying Watson will for sure work out but he's definitely better than Baker. We saw the best Baker has the year before last...and that version is definitely good enough to win with the right pieces around...problem is you have to start sacrificing pieces to keep the qb. Baker had to have a very strong year to be worth the 30 to 35 million min he was destined to get. If Watson plays to his peak he can make up for sacrifices at a position or two to pay his salary. We will see.

I don't like Deshaun as a person. But the talent is undeniable.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stakes I mean I dunno what to say to ya..

It was one of the dumbest contracts of all time. You signed a guy that has been out of the league a year and dealing with upset pussy... to a fully guaranteed contract for the future? Like WTF were the Browns thinking? Had Seattle done this trade I would've graded it an F as well.

As for the general all caps... I mean it's funny as fuck that the Browns have been run this poorly for this long. I mean it's kind of hilarious, you gotta admit. I mean not trying to bash you or a Browns fan by any means..

It's a major risk for sure. But so is banking on Baker to right himself. Either way the Browns end up paying a qb big money. Either its Baker at 35ish or Watson at 45 to 50. That's how the NFL works now. Your best bet is the qb is a beast before his big deal (as was with Wilson)

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is still okay.
San Fran will likely be starting a new QB and is in some cap trouble.
Arizona has completely imploded.

The NFC West is where the AFC West will be in 1-2 years.

And Seattle's goal is basically Mac Jones/Patriots at the moment. Be competitive enough to help a young QB along. Drew Lock will not be the starter. Writing is on the wall with that.
Screenshot_20220319-071855~2.png

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns-watson
Bengals-burrow
Ravens-lamar
Steelers-Trubisky

Oof.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on a sexual deviant that will probably get a 2 year suspension. Why? Bc he plays for the Browns and nobody likes the Browns
Going to the Browns is not punishment enough? I mean that is where QB’s go to kill careers? Right?
He won’t get 2 years I’m betting 6 games tops

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Watson suspension is a huge variable. If he gets 6 games, the Browns are almost certainly not making the playoffs next year. If it's four games then they have a shot.

The Browns weren't winning a SB paying Baker $30 mil+ a year so it makes sense to move on. I just don't think giving a douchebag a ton of guaranteed cash is a smart move in any aspect of life.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio is the perfect place for Watson to keep his mind off of women.

Here are 3 Cleveland 9's

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill was a risk when the Chiefs drafted him. They gave him $100,000 in guaranteed cash and a 5th round pick. Browns are risking three 1sts and $230,000,000. If Watson busts this will be the worst trade in sports history.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Watson suspension is a huge variable. If he gets 6 games, the Browns are almost certainly not making the playoffs next year. If it's four games then they have a shot.

The Browns weren't winning a SB paying Baker $30 mil+ a year so it makes sense to move on. I just don't think giving a douchebag a ton of guaranteed cash is a smart move in any aspect of life.
Depends on what their schedule looks like early. Remember they have Keenum, nothing great but is no slouch. They are far from done in FA so interested to see who they add. They need EDGE, IDL and a couple more WR’s

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what their schedule looks like early. Remember they have Keenum, nothing great but is no slouch. They are far from done in FA so interested to see who they add. They need EDGE, IDL and a couple more WR’s

It would have been cool if McDowell didn't lose his mind. Dude was coming on

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill was a risk when the Chiefs drafted him. They gave him $100,000 in guaranteed cash and a 5th round pick. Browns are risking three 1sts and $230,000,000. If Watson busts this will be the worst trade in sports history.

There are an awful lot of contestants for that distinction to even mention the possibility before he has played a down.

Kind of wild that Denver trades 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 3 players for Russ and that was brilliant but Cleveland does something similar and we get those kind of takes.

Wilson will require a similar cap hit in 24 if he is successful. If he isn't then you just traded your next 2 drafts and several players to not win a ring.

Even with the impending suspension I'd see Watson as at worst as much a risk as Wilson and 8 years younger.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are an awful lot of contestants for that distinction to even mention the possibility before he has played a down.

Kind of wild that Denver trades 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 3 players for Russ and that was brilliant but Cleveland does something similar and we get those kind of takes.

Wilson will require a similar cap hit in 24 if he is successful. If he isn't then you just traded your next 2 drafts and several players to not win a ring.

Even with the impending suspension I'd see Watson as at worst as much a risk as Wilson and 8 years younger.
Wilson has been to multiple Super Bowls and hasn't had major legal troubles to my knowledge. Watson is getting an absurd amount of guaranteed money, hasn't won anything relevant, and isn't going to win any 'man of the year's awards.

Watson on the Browns should win Super Bowls. If he puts in the work. Not a guarantee that happens at all

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been to multiple Super Bowls and hasn't had major legal troubles to my knowledge. Watson is getting an absurd amount of guaranteed money, hasn't won anything relevant, and isn't going to win any 'man of the year's awards.

Watson on the Browns should win Super Bowls. If he puts in the work. Not a guarantee that happens at all

Wilson will also be getting very similar amounts of money if he is successful. If he isn't then the Broncos just traded all that for nothing.

And again...Watson is 8 years younger.

I can't sit here and say Watson is a shoe in to win Super Bowls..he definitely isn't. And I absolutely hate him as a person right now. But I do think a lot of the reactions are because this is the Browns doing this.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babe Ruth for musical money will always be the worst sports trade in history ftr.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babe Ruth for musical money will always be the worst sports trade in history ftr.
Thats fair.

I just think its fair to say that the Watson trade is Boom or Bust and has the largest range of outcomes of any trade in recent memory. You guys are getting a franchise QB with a decade ahead of him or more of great play. But there really arent that many teams in the NFL that keep franchise QBs for a decade.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair.

I just think its fair to say that the Watson trade is Boom or Bust and has the largest range of outcomes of any trade in recent memory. You guys are getting a franchise QB with a decade ahead of him or more of great play. But there really arent that many teams in the NFL that keep franchise QBs for a decade.

I agree with the range of outcomes take

Not so much with the latter. The teams that get their franchise guy generally hang on to him for most of his career

Perhaps you meant there aren't many that become that kind of guy...idk.