• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad...Mayfield clowned Jones and the gmen August of 2019, that was a whole 4 months after the pick. I think Jones had even played in a preseason game when Mayfield thought it best to give his opinion on Jones and the Gmen

LOL, you are curious? Film breakdown? my conversations with coaches? Lets review the statement.

" I said it then, the ONLY person IF IF IF you had to take QB top 3, it's Allen cause of a cannon and coachability, but he isn't ready to start day one."

do you not see an opinion here? I'll leave the film breakdown bull shit to the ones who need help understanding the game of football
If you want your team to draft their QB based on size/arm strength as #1 feature you'll get hurt a lot. I'll take accuracy and smart.

either way you were going by nothing to decide who you want as you've never tried to coach him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want your team to draft their QB based on size/arm strength as #1 feature you'll get hurt a lot. I'll take accuracy and smart.

either way you were going by nothing to decide who you want as you've never tried to coach him.
Yeah that was a stupid reason. Jamarcus Russell had a hell of an arm. I guess he thought he was going to succeed too lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, arm strength on it's own is vastly over rated. Jeff George, Jay Cutler, the list goes on and on. Montana and Manning were considered below average arms and they are in Canton.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this comeback is more stupid than your first one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this comeback is more stupid than your first one.
I mean, you can take your pick but it's not so much a comeback as a fact. You tried to claim you knew how coachable a kid was having never even spoken to him.

In addition, drafting a QB because of size and arm strength high has gotten many teams in trouble.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you can take your pick but it's not so much a comeback as a fact. You tried to claim you knew how coachable a kid was having never even spoken to him.

In addition, drafting a QB because of size and arm strength high has gotten many teams in trouble.
well, least you've backed off from Mayfield's Daniel Jones statement timing issue you had.
Let's look back at my post

We're talking #1 overall here. Shit, trade down, anything but QB. That was Russian roulette with one empty chamber. Darnold showed warts the last two years at USC. Rosen was a shithead with less notoriety than Mayfield. I said it then, the ONLY person IF IF IF you had to take QB top 3, it's Allen cause of a cannon and coachability, but he isn't ready to start day one.

Now Sir, I did not go into size, I mentioned coachability. My position was clearly the fragile makeup I expressed about the other top rated QB's that year. The opinion is based on the many things I read about the overall make up of Allen (coachable, not size) compared with what I saw and read about the others.

AND....reading the posts by the many posters here at the hoop over the years, it's funny as shit you go with...I don't know the coaches, haven't talked to um, and not done my film study. I understand Brown fans are frustrated but dammmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, least you've backed off from Mayfield's Daniel Jones statement timing issue you had.
Let's look back at my post

We're talking #1 overall here. Shit, trade down, anything but QB. That was Russian roulette with one empty chamber. Darnold showed warts the last two years at USC. Rosen was a shithead with less notoriety than Mayfield. I said it then, the ONLY person IF IF IF you had to take QB top 3, it's Allen cause of a cannon and coachability, but he isn't ready to start day one.

Now Sir, I did not go into size, I mentioned coachability. My position was clearly the fragile makeup I expressed about the other top rated QB's that year. The opinion is based on the many things I read about the overall make up of Allen (coachable, not size) compared with what I saw and read about the others.

AND....reading the posts by the many posters here at the hoop over the years, it's funny as shit you go with...I don't know the coaches, haven't talked to um, and not done my film study. I understand Brown fans are frustrated but dammmmmmmmmm
Backed off the timing issue that you screwed up? I still stand by you screwing up (you even admitted you screwed up). That was an odd comment by you...to say the least.

Yes, you said that and have said it again but it's still a kooky comment seeing as how you have no idea how coachable he is and the amount of QBs I'm sure you recall who were taken high because of a cannon for an arm who failed.

I went with all those things (no film study, never spoke to them, etc.) because it's true. People who do this for a living who do watch hunderds or thousands of hours of film, do talk to the players, have spoken to the coaches, etc. miss on QBs all the time. But you knew Allen was the only guy to take at one because you saw him throw hard?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backed off the timing issue that you screwed up? I still stand by you screwing up (you even admitted you screwed up). That was an odd comment by you...to say the least.

Yes, you said that and have said it again but it's still a kooky comment seeing as how you have no idea how coachable he is and the amount of QBs I'm sure you recall who were taken high because of a cannon for an arm who failed.

I went with all those things (no film study, never spoke to them, etc.) because it's true. People who do this for a living who do watch hunderds or thousands of hours of film, do talk to the players, have spoken to the coaches, etc. miss on QBs all the time. But you knew Allen was the only guy to take at one because you saw him throw hard?

LOL...
I thought I'd post the above one more time cause your reading comprehension skills are lacking greatly.

do us both a favor...don't reply.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...
I thought I'd post the above one more time cause your reading comprehension skills are lacking greatly.

do us both a favor...don't reply.
This can be my last reply whether you choose to take the last word or not.....Trade down when you need a QB in a draft most were saying was an excellent draft for QBs? You made a deal in the previous draft specifically so you could get the #1 pick and be able to choose your QB in the next draft but, sure, trade down and maybe not get the guy you want.

You also keep telling me about his coachability without having ever spoken to anyone who coached him. But tell me one more time if you'd like.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker to New Orleans makes a lot of sense imo. That would be my guess

Not anymore.. Saints seem like they are trying to get the QB or something right now with that trade with the Eagles

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can be my last reply whether you choose to take the last word or not.....Trade down when you need a QB in a draft most were saying was an excellent draft for QBs? You made a deal in the previous draft specifically so you could get the #1 pick and be able to choose your QB in the next draft but, sure, trade down and maybe not get the guy you want.

You also keep telling me about his coachability without having ever spoken to anyone who coached him. But tell me one more time if you'd like.
take your meds and read more to help the comprehension issues.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Texas judge in Deshaun Watson's civil case has ruled he must "answer whether he had sex with 18 additional therapists who came to his defense about his massage habits last year."​

The attorneys for the 22 women suing Watson have sought the information because they believe it will "help show Watson’s pattern and motives in seeking massages with dozens of different women, many of whom he met on social media." Watson had previously refused such requests. He now has no choice. It's a reminder that Watson is nowhere close to out of the woods with his legal problems even though a Harris County, Texas grand jury declined to recommend criminal charges. It was unwise of the Browns to make such a big move before Watson had truly settled all his outstanding issues.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't have taken any of the QBs in the top 12, let alone #1 overall. Of the 4 QBs Allen was the only 1 who appeared to have 'elite NFL QB' potential. From what I saw of his college tape he was a 1 or 2 read QB who would bail from the pocket if those options weren't immediately open. Consequently I also saw him as having a high risk of busting completely. Allen was going to be a project who might not perform until year 3, thus my low rating. Mayfield had an average arm and maturity issues whilst Rosen had personality/team issues. Darnold was a turnover machine and I had a 2nd round grade on him. It's not necessary to watch hundreds of hours.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have taken any of the QBs in the top 12, let alone #1 overall. Of the 4 QBs Allen was the only 1 who appeared to have 'elite NFL QB' potential. From what I saw of his college tape he was a 1 or 2 read QB who would bail from the pocket if those options weren't immediately open. Consequently I also saw him as having a high risk of busting completely. Allen was going to be a project who might not perform until year 3, thus my low rating. Mayfield had an average arm and maturity issues whilst Rosen had personality/team issues. Darnold was a turnover machine and I had a 2nd round grade on him. It's not necessary to watch hundreds of hours.
Cannot say I wanted Allen as was scared off by being inaccurate in college. Mayfield has at worst an above average arm and could maybe call it elite so hard to imagine you saw much tape on him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• OverTheCap.com's Jason Fitzgerald believes the Browns' deal with Deshaun Watson "makes zero sense at all."​

The Browns lured Watson by offering a fully-guaranteed $230 million contract, an unprecedented deal for a player facing sexual assault allegations from 22 women. “Clearly, [the Browns] were desperate,” Fitzgerald told The Athletic. “I mean, that deal makes zero sense at all. They threw an extra year on there. I am sure all the other teams that were in it were like, ‘We’re trading away so much. We’ll work with you a little bit on this contract, but we’re not doing that.’ Cleveland, it was like, after they got eliminated, ‘What if we offered him this?’" The Athletic's Mike Sando reported last week that NFL executives believe Watson could have undue control over the entire franchise with the massive guaranteed money, and that he wouldn't fit well in Kevin Stefanski's offense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• OverTheCap.com's Jason Fitzgerald believes the Browns' deal with Deshaun Watson "makes zero sense at all."​

The Browns lured Watson by offering a fully-guaranteed $230 million contract, an unprecedented deal for a player facing sexual assault allegations from 22 women. “Clearly, [the Browns] were desperate,” Fitzgerald told The Athletic. “I mean, that deal makes zero sense at all. They threw an extra year on there. I am sure all the other teams that were in it were like, ‘We’re trading away so much. We’ll work with you a little bit on this contract, but we’re not doing that.’ Cleveland, it was like, after they got eliminated, ‘What if we offered him this?’" The Athletic's Mike Sando reported last week that NFL executives believe Watson could have undue control over the entire franchise with the massive guaranteed money, and that he wouldn't fit well in Kevin Stefanski's offense.
cool story

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Browns are signing Pro Bowl cornerback Denzel Ward to a five-year, $100.5 million contract extension that includes $71.25 million guaranteed, Tory Dandy of CAA Sports, who negotiated the contract, told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

At age 24, Ward is now the highest-paid cornerback in NFL history. The $20.1 million average annual salary puts him ahead of Jalen Ramsey, who had been the highest-paid cornerback at $20 million per season on the deal he signed with the Los Angeles Rams in 2020.

The Browns have spent $340.5 million in guaranteed money on all contracts this offseason, the most in the NFL, according to ESPN Stats & Information. That includes extensions, not only the money given to free agents, and $301.25 million of that total was given to Watson and Ward.