• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns get Watson

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper is not gonna cut it lol. I hope they know this.
they will either bring back Landry and or sign Will Fuller to be the #2. Maybe draft a guy in the 2nd round

Browns do have 2 picks in the 3rd round and 2 picks in the 4th round- and will likely at least get a 3rd- if not more for Baker.

If Wentz can get 2 3rd round picks- Baker should get something comparable.

I hope they trade up for Chris Olave. Browns need a lot of d-line help though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have a solid team, but this signing does not look good. I think they gave up early on Baker and a lot of picks for an unproven QB. Too much hype.

Anyway, hope this works for the Browns. Good fans!
totally agree

I think they gave up on Baker too soon as well. Baker was injured last year- had Covid and missed multiple weeks of practice

For example- that PAckers game- he hadnt practiced in 2 weeks, flew up by himself before the game- then started with a fractured shoulder- and the Browns still almost won- and could have if they didnt get fucked on the last drive.

Browns were 8-9 last year with a ton of stuff going wrong.

I think Watson is a scumbag- but hes not a criminal. Thats not saying much I know but its something.

AFC North QB's: Watson, Burrow, Jackson...............and MITCH TRUBISKEY!!! lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say the Browns get Landry or Fuller

1. Watson at QB
2. Best running back combo in the league in Chubb and Hunt
3. One of the games best offensive lines
4. Cooper, Landry or Fuller, Njoku, DPJ

pretty solid.

Defensively---- Browns DB's are loaded. Linebackers are pretty good. D-line is very weak except of course for Myles.

Defensive backs are truly great. Ward and Newsome are one of the best pairs in the league. Newsome was great last year as a rook. Johnson and Delpit at safety is very good. JOK is a safety/linebacker combo who was great as a rook. They resigned Walker who played well last year.

Browns just need to finish shoring up the receiving core and d-line and they just restructured Cooper, and Watson's cap hit is minimal this year. They have money to make some moves and they still have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Browns get Landry or Fuller and resign Clowney its a pretty loaded team. They will have plenty of draft capital to fill holes.

pretty unbelievable after this trade they still have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Id rather give up 3 1sts, and a 3rd---- and still have Baker to recoup some picks (at least a 3rd)--- then trade 2 1sts, 2 2nds, Noah Fant- a recent 20th overall 1st round pick, and a solid young d-lineman for a 34 year old Wilson who seems he is not the guy he was a few years ago- even if he is still very good.

2 years from now WAtson will be 28 and this will be all behind him- and the Browns will be in great shape. It MIGHT be all behind him after Week 4.

STill- I think Watson is a scumbag and I wish they just kept Baker and built around him. I believe in BAker longterm--- not as a top of the heap guy- but as a pretty damn good QB- that is a good leader and a good guy and can lead a team.

Problem is- in the loaded AFC with Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, Carr---- it would be tough to beat 2-3 of those guys in the playoffs. All those guys are young and super talented and going no where any time soon. Burrow, Allen, Jackson, Mahomes, and maybe even Herbert are all potential MVP candidates

Now- Watson can beat anyone.

Its dirty. It feels dirty. I gotta say- if I could go back- I would and just keep Baker- but moving forward no one can argue that Watson is one of the very best- hes young, and he took no hits last year and is super motivated to rehabilitate his name.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to surrender quite a bit of capital to do that. Usually future year picks are devalued one pick from current. So a 2023 2nd rounder is considered a 3rd... especially given Cleveland is expected to compete/be good (meaning the pick will be late).

To trade into the 1st you'd obviously have to sacrifice your 2nd, plus next years 2nd, and probably a 3rd to boot. You'd be ALL in for 2022-23, which IMO is not the right thing to do. Watson is not 35.. he's mid 20s... and you're STUCK with him for his contract. There's no reason to rush it.

I can't imagine a scenario where Cleveland is trading up at this point. It would be a very Cleveland thing to do... lol. IMO trade Mayfraud for a 3rd or 4th rounder, and see what falls to you in the draft.

They did a similar trade to move up to get Njoku. It was their 2nd and the third. They could also add a player if need be. You all are really in the weeds on this one. It was an off hand comment. Not something to get a multiple paragraph dissertation on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill was a risk when the Chiefs drafted him. They gave him $100,000 in guaranteed cash and a 5th round pick. Browns are risking three 1sts and $230,000,000. If Watson busts this will be the worst trade in sports history.
very true.

there is very little in between

either there will be a super bowl parade in Cleveland or this will set the team back half a decade.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.

there is very little in between

either there will be a super bowl parade in Cleveland or this will set the team back half a decade.

It's definitely boom or bust. Much like you I'd have preferred sticking with Baker. I'd feel a hundred times better if we knew his suspension length though.

Watson is a winner. I don't see him mailing in a performance just because he's paid. But I guess I also can't come to terms why someone would do the whole massage a plenty deal either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely boom or bust. Much like you I'd have preferred sticking with Baker. I'd feel a hundred times better if we knew his suspension length though.

Watson is a winner. I don't see him mailing in a performance just because he's paid. But I guess I also can't come to terms why someone would do the whole massage a plenty deal either.
Watson has a ton to prove. He is going to be going hard- especially after not playing for a year. He is super talented.

I just really loved Baker. Him and his wife were great for the community- they went to so many events and they were such good people. He embraced Cleveland. He turned the team around. He is tough competitor and everything I have heard about reporters asking players about Watson- they all start with how tough a competitor Baker is and he is a warrior, etc.

Once Watson is good to go- he is going to be very good and very successful, but, at least for the foreseeable future- its going to feel dirty.

I do have to say though- it would surprise me, with the resources the Browns have and all the due diligence that hte Browns did- that Watson will screw up or there will be new bad news coming. They had serious investigational work done.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say the Browns get Landry or Fuller

1. Watson at QB
2. Best running back combo in the league in Chubb and Hunt
3. One of the games best offensive lines
4. Cooper, Landry or Fuller, Njoku, DPJ

pretty solid.

Defensively---- Browns DB's are loaded. Linebackers are pretty good. D-line is very weak except of course for Myles.

Defensive backs are truly great. Ward and Newsome are one of the best pairs in the league. Newsome was great last year as a rook. Johnson and Delpit at safety is very good. JOK is a safety/linebacker combo who was great as a rook. They resigned Walker who played well last year.

Browns just need to finish shoring up the receiving core and d-line and they just restructured Cooper, and Watson's cap hit is minimal this year. They have money to make some moves and they still have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft.
Rumors are saying they willget Landry and Clowney back…if not Landry, Fuller- he is made of glass though- no thanks. They also have mutual interest with Akiem Hicks….so we will see. If they get those guys their DL will be nasty

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns getting Watson doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be a powerhouse. His last season with the Texans, he had a 70% completion and 4823 yards 33 TDs and 7 INTs. Great numbers, but the Texans were 4-12. I get that he didn't have much to work with, but nothing is guaranteed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns getting Watson doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be a powerhouse. His last season with the Texans, he had a 70% completion and 4823 yards 33 TDs and 7 INTs. Great numbers, but the Texans were 4-12. I get that he didn't have much to work with, but nothing is guaranteed.
If he puts up those numbers with Cle they'll be hosting a playoff game even in what seems to be a loaded AFC

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he puts up those numbers with Cle they'll be hosting a playoff game even in what seems to be a loaded AFC

Maybe. A lot of these AFC games are either going to offensive blow outs or a defensive contest. Will be exciting to watch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Texans did have an awful team

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point.
I don’t see how that team is comparable to CLE. They went 8-9 with an injured, average QB last season. His Houston team didn’t have half the talent at this team. Playoff team-yes. Contender on paper-only time will tell. Nothing is guaranteed in the AFC but the Browns upgraded big time at the QB position and this is a long-term move.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will either bring back Landry and or sign Will Fuller to be the #2. Maybe draft a guy in the 2nd round

Browns do have 2 picks in the 3rd round and 2 picks in the 4th round- and will likely at least get a 3rd- if not more for Baker.

If Wentz can get 2 3rd round picks- Baker should get something comparable.

I hope they trade up for Chris Olave. Browns need a lot of d-line help though.
Are teams still willing to gamble on Fuller's health?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Watson just got 5 year fully guaranteed 230 million dollar contract from what I just read …. Insane if true …

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns are fucked with this move.
Year one is basically their throwaway year since they are expecting him to be suspended. <---
After that. He will avg 55 mil a year for the next four years. All guaranteed. Which means all the worthy people when they want their extensions will want more money & many wont be afforded. So you would look to the draft, except you are missing a ton of worth in the next few years of the draft. So even if Watson in those years plays like a top 5 QB. You will become the new Houston Texans. IMHO.

Now couple all of that with Watson being a me, me, me guy. Well. Good luck guys! :suds:

Do you thin the league will suspend Watson for the entire season?

Personally as a Browns fan I can't root for him. He's a scumbag.