• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brown, Bell and the next CBA

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins situation worked because of the position he plays.

In Bell situation, he plays RB where teams consider you done soon as you hit 30. The top QB's are usually playing at a high level well into their mid 30's
Yes it works better for a QB as he less likely to suffer a serious injury, but it can work for anyone. Bell could have signed the second tag collected the $15 million, increased his market value. Surely would of been a better move then what he did. If a injury happens he has the $15 million and can rehab and be a free agent asking for big bucks again and likely get it. You see Thomas wanting be the highest paid safety after his injury last year? Like that, only Bell is still young. Fearing the franchise tag is a mistake. If the NFLPA wants to address it the NFL will leverage that to their favor, because it's stupid for a NFL team to use it twice in almost all cases.
There are better causes to fight, for the players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing it more and more across the boards on here

SteelersPride continue to act like it is a crime to have different opinion than he does on topics.

Outside of the NBA regular season thread, I don't care to stay on any thread here for very long. I make my point and move on. I'm not going to stay in a thread and make 20 posts stating the same exact thing.

You ever heard of the term agree to disagree?

Why should I go back and forth with someone if our opinions on a particular topic will never change?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the fear of abuse is much exaggerated IMO. Don't feel most teams feel it's wise to use the tag multiple times on a player. That expensive as heck. Also as Cousins showed it can work in the player favor. Only effect a very small percentage of players and those players are well set as is.
Think the players need to find a way where the middle class of players don't get shafted by one or two players gobbling up more then their share of the pie.
The teams should be allowed ONE tag, tops. While it may be rare that it's used multiple times, it still places an inordinate amount of (injury/performance) risk on the player.

I agree with the bold. The union leadership sold out the younger players last time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are better causes to fight, for the players.

I get that argument. I still don't like using the franchise tag multiple times on a player but I see why it won't be a major topic when the CBA is being negotiated

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing it more and more across the boards on here

SteelersPride continue to act like it is a crime to have different opinion than he does on topics.
Nah u just make claims and comments and act brash, then if called to
Debate run or say something like “I choose not to engage trolls” even if I made said comment first.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the NBA regular season thread, I don't care to stay on any thread here for very long. I make my point and move on. I'm not going to stay in a thread and make 20 posts stating the same exact thing.

You ever heard of the term agree to disagree?

Why should I go back and forth with someone if our opinions on a particular topic will never change?
Yeah I hear yah. Why discuss things? On a message board:L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hear yah. Why discuss things? On a message board:L

Once again if I have my opinion and someone else has their opinion, why should I spend days, weeks, or months on that thread saying the same shit?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In Bell's case he didn't do anything wrong.

He wasn't under contract so he's not obligated to sign the franchise tag and play for the Steelers and the Steelers didn't have to pay him a dime.

At this point they need to alter the franchise tag to make it a one year only tag and can't be applied on a player that was just under a rookie deal.

With the franchise tag I get the players gripe with it. In a league where you have a short earning span that's made even less with having to be under a rookie pay scale, and has limited guaranteed contracts I can see players not being thrilled that teams can further hurt their earning potential.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are Fucking Bitches who were too scared financially to pay their players.

Pay attention.

Maybe the other owners should vote to send the Steelers to the AAF after the mockery they made of the entertainment business which they've all created just so people can watch players like Bell and Brown.

The fuck is wrong with you? Blame your team. They acted like cunts and caused all of this.

You’re skills are improving.

:clap:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm ok. I could stay and argue and prove it. But I’d rather not discuss it.

I just put that quote in using the search tool and yeah I never said that quote in my life as I stated 5 minutes ago.

You're just making up BS

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again if I have my opinion and someone else has their opinion, why should I spend days, weeks, or months on that thread saying the same shit?
Why even post just to
Make claims and run? Just curious do u come here for discussion?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams should be allowed ONE tag. While it may be rare that it's used multiple times, that still places an inordinate amount of (injury/performance) risk on the player.

I agree with the bold. The union leadership sold out the younger players last time.

The amount of $ for a tag is mitigating the risks. Players usually rehab from injuries and if a injury happens the player get payed for the season and the team only gets the bill for services the player is not able to provide. In any case it's worrying about the class of players that are making out just fine. I'm confident the NFL will be willing to barter this away for gains else where and for the players as a whole this would be a mistake. Fighting for the wrong gains are why the players are in this fix in the first place.:2cents:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even post just to
Make claims and run? Just curious do u come here for discussion?

I don't make claims and run. If I'm passionate about a topic, I would make multiple post on that topic but am I going to spend weeks and months on that thread? Hell no

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't make claims and run. If I'm passionate about a topic, I would make multiple post on that topic but am I going to spend weeks and months on that thread? Hell no
I found a few quickly. Wasn’t hard

No one said weeks and months, that’s you.