• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos vs Redskins

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ain't the playoffs. This was our "San Diego 2012" game. Manning had an off game. Happens to the best, and Manning has proven he can adjust. However the bigger turnover problem didn't materialize in this game.

It's still funny that there are lots of posts from early lamenting about the Broncos, how they won't possibly win the Super Bowl blah blah blah, but barely a post during the 38 unanswered Denver rang up. It shows that we can definitely come back from a deficit.

You were more then welcomed to post as well. Sorry I didnt post as much during the 38 unanswered points. There was alot of action going on. :lame:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
Well I usually watch the game with my son and really dont say anything. Anytime you want to come to Wisconsin and watch the games with me you are more then welcomed. As for the Redskins Im sorry but they do stink. RG3 is nowhere the same as last year. Just reality.

The Redskins came into Denver with the 4th ranked total offense in the league. I would say that limiting them to only 266 yards, getting four picks and a couple of sacks was a great day for our defense!

Of course, the Redskins defense sucks, but we did put up 38 offensive points on them and another 7 with DRC's pick six.

Overall, some stuff to clean up for sure but that's what the regular season is for. A win is a win and we're headed into the bye week at 7-1. I'm a happy Bronco fan.

MH64

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins came into Denver with the 4th ranked total offense in the league. I would say that limiting them to only 266 yards, getting four picks and a couple of sacks was a great day for our defense!

Nonsense. Everyone knows statistics only matter if they prove our defense is bad. Listen guys, 7-1 is terrible and I already know, in October, we are going to lose everything. Even if we scrape by and sneak into the playoffs we will get housed. Look at that chiefs team. They have a great defense, and everyone knows you only need an offense that can score like 20.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the offense hasn't been as clean as they have been but being 7-1 with all of the injuries and suspensions that we have had is something I think most of us would have taken before the season started if we had known Miller out, Champ out, Clady out, Woodyard out, Ayers out, Franklin out, and a host of other guys for a game or two. The Bye week is coming at the perfect time to get all of those guys healed up some and ready for the 2nd half of the season.

The defense finally looked a lot like it did last year playing very aggressive and this is the defense I suspect will be the defense we have moving forward as we finally had almost all the starting pieces of the defense back and they look like they did last year.

Offensively yes we need to work on a few things but when the OL is as beat up as they are and even Peyton himself is pretty beat up the fact that they still put up 38 points as beat up as they are is impressive in my mind. My guess is give them some time to heal up again on the bye week and this offense will start functioning like it did before all of the injuries. It truly is amazing what a week off can do for the body.

Also have to give credit to John Fox for showing he really has changed as a coach allowing the offense to go for the 2 4th down tries.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Malibu has managed to restrain himself from jumping off of a bridge. We're 7-1, but you'd think we were 1-7.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People got to spoiled with all the points the Broncos were scoring and its reality now. It doesnt happen every week.

This is my favorite post from the whole thread. How long does the season need to go before you realize that Denver is a second half team? Even for as poor as the offense has looked at times the last 3 weeks, the Broncos have still scored 35, 33, and 45 points.

I've been saying for weeks now that the Broncos will score at least 30 points on everyone. You may hold down their offense for awhile, but at the end of the day they just have too many weapons to shut them down. And yes, I'm including the Chiefs in there. If they want to beat us, they are going to have to find a way to put up 30+ points. They just aren't going to hold this offense to the teens.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my favorite post from the whole thread. How long does the season need to go before you realize that Denver is a second half team? Even for as poor as the offense has looked at times the last 3 weeks, the Broncos have still scored 35, 33, and 45 points.

I've been saying for weeks now that the Broncos will score at least 30 points on everyone. You may hold down their offense for awhile, but at the end of the day they just have too many weapons to shut them down. And yes, I'm including the Chiefs in there. If they want to beat us, they are going to have to find a way to put up 30+ points. They just aren't going to hold this offense to the teens.

I hope you are right that the Broncos will score 30 points every week. Hell I hope they score 40. Yes I agree they are a 2nd haldf team but I wouldnt want to hang my hat on it. Down 21-7 to a good playoff calibur team then the Broncos could be in trouble. Dont want to keep rolling that way. The thing I find very funny is how everyone is so worried about what I post or do during Broncos games.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Malibu has managed to restrain himself from jumping off of a bridge. We're 7-1, but you'd think we were 1-7.

Jumping off a bridge over a football game. Its entertainment bro and the Broncos dont run my life. You dont know a damn thing about me. I know some of you dont like what I post but yet I find it amazing how quickly you all respond.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't worry about what you post but the fact that everything little thing the Broncos do wrong you seem to be right on it with the doom and gloom predictions for the team. I understand this team has weaknesses we all see it. The turnovers, the injured OL, and others but the fact that the Broncos are still winning games by 20 points even with all of these things it just drives me nuts to read people saying "Whoa is me" kind of things when we are 7-1. We are putting up 45 points with still having 4 turnovers in a game. I don't think there is another team in the NFL that can do that other than the Broncos.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping off a bridge over a football game. Its entertainment bro and the Broncos dont run my life. You dont know a damn thing about me. I know some of you dont like what I post but yet I find it amazing how quickly you all respond.

:bawling: Touchy. A little sensitive, aren't we?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't worry about what you post but the fact that everything little thing the Broncos do wrong you seem to be right on it with the doom and gloom predictions for the team. I understand this team has weaknesses we all see it. The turnovers, the injured OL, and others but the fact that the Broncos are still winning games by 20 points even with all of these things it just drives me nuts to read people saying "Whoa is me" kind of things when we are 7-1. We are putting up 45 points with still having 4 turnovers in a game. I don't think there is another team in the NFL that can do that other than the Broncos.

Where did I say its doom and gloom? Did I ever say they werent Super Bowl contenders? Did you read some of the positive posts I had on other threads? Have you ever seen all the Broncos merchandise I have at my place been a fan since 1985? Did you see me at the Packers Broncos football game in Green Bay? Just because I dont post things all the time that some of you want to hear is no reason to judge me. None of you have any idea of a fan that I am. For the record to make some of you happy I do believe this team will win there division and get a 1st round bye.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, feel free to post whatever you like. We'll either agree or disagree with you. Just don't get your panties in a bunch just because we think you're a Negative Nancy.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, feel free to post whatever you like. We'll either agree or disagree with you. Just don't get your panties in a bunch just because we think you're a Negative Nancy.

You have that right to believe that. No problem.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys would love to chat but busy today. Things to do. Go Broncoss!!!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say its doom and gloom? Did I ever say they werent Super Bowl contenders? Did you read some of the positive posts I had on other threads? Have you ever seen all the Broncos merchandise I have at my place been a fan since 1985? Did you see me at the Packers Broncos football game in Green Bay? Just because I dont post things all the time that some of you want to hear is no reason to judge me. None of you have any idea of a fan that I am. For the record to make some of you happy I do believe this team will win there division and get a 1st round bye.

Really? You want to know why we think you're all doom and gloom?

Pathetic 1st half. Defense gives up the long drive and then a sttupid special teams penalty and the offense is nowhere to be found today.

Can anyone on this defense make a play? Its unreal how guys get so open and the offense anytime the want to wake up again.

This is a joke.

People got to spoiled with all the points the Broncos were scoring and its reality now. It doesnt happen every week.

Embarassing.

Yeah, definitely no way we could come to the conclusion that you're a huge downer.

Not sensative one bit. You have a right to your opnion. Free speech bro.

Don't get your feelings hurt, bro.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malibu you never said "Doom and Gloom" as hardly anybody ever actually says it but you spent 10 pages after the Cowboys game pretty much ripping this defense up and down (and understandable with how bad they played) but you acted like that was how the defense was going to be the rest of the year even though they were missing 5 of maybe their top 6 players. Yes even with back ups in they should have done better but sometimes it is a butt kicking like that that helps get a team to learn from their mistakes. The fact that our offense could still dominate like they did even with the defense playing as bad as they did should show promise for moving forward now that most of the guys are back starting that were missing for that game and held the #4 offense in the NFL to under 300 yards and 14 points.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were more then welcomed to post as well. Sorry I didnt post as much during the 38 unanswered points. There was alot of action going on. :lame:
1) I'm normally not online (or even at home) during Broncos games. I'm usually somewhere else w/ a bunch of folks enjoying the games and company. I will usually have a good amount of input before and after the games though that I usually post. And sometimes you will find me here during a game, just not often.

2) I was merely making an observation. If you notice, I don't specifically call anyone out. If you took it that way, well, that's your issue to deal with.

3) I make the observation because when I normally see a game thread on other sites, there's usually at least a comment or two about each play. Maybe a few plays go by between posts, but the majority of the time there's a pretty equal mix of upbeat posts ( "Great TD catch by Welker!" "And it's Miller with the strip-sack") as well as downbeat posts ("WTF were they thinking! 12 men on the field when we hold them to a FG?!?", "Man, our run d's really struggling right now.") I simply found it odd that there were almost no positives posted during the game. :noidea:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I avoid the game threads. It is distracting when watching the game and people have a tendency to be too over - reactive.

Heck, I was at McCormick & Schmicks yesterday watching the game with my wife's family. You could tell who knew the game nd who was just a casual fan from the comments when we were down 21-7.

"The defense sucks" "We are not nearly as good as we were the first 6 games"

It's comical actually.

I was not worried when we were down 21-7. I told my brother in Law, "Watch therm rack up 30+ points in the 2nd half."

Defense played great yesterday. Held them to 7 in the first half and the Redskins needed a penalty to give them a fresh set of downs to score.

And it was not just tee off on the QB with the pass rush in the 2nd half. We had to get a few stops to give the offense a chance when we were down 21-7.

0 points allowed after the pick 6 Manning threw. Once we had the lead, the D really went after RGIII then Cousins. The Rushing TD was on a short field. Blame the offense.

Great performance in all phases yesterday even though it took the offense a while to get it going. A bye week to rest up and get healthy is just what this teams needs.