• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff appears to be replacing Danny inhouse with Davis or Anderson.

Morrison was just way too good to pass up in round 6. He showed he was pretty healthy last year after a terrible knee injury. He will be a a year removed now. 4 year solid starter at Florida couldn't go wrong there. He was a top 3 round pick before his injury.

Bradberry can cover TE's.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott do you realize how close you were to making my first three picks a reality?

I do not. Tell me more. ;)

Didn't take Carroo, mostly because I wanted to see where he went if I didn't take him and Shep has return skills, something we need, but I passed on the best WR in the draft mostly to see where he would go if I didn't take him, plus if I didn't take him better chance we take him in real draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not. Tell me more. ;)

Didn't take Carroo, mostly because I wanted to see where he went if I didn't take him and Shep has return skills, something we need, but I passed on the best WR in the draft mostly to see where he would go if I didn't take him, plus if I didn't take him better chance we take him in real draft.

I honestly would bet he goes pretty close to where he went of that middle of the 3rd round area. Just seems with his injury history and off the field issues that while people will see his talent will drop him a round or so because of the 2 major red flags.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this feeling NE is grabbing him rd 2, but with no 1st maybe not. If we somehow end up with him, WATCH OUT! I'll be doing flips, but I am not expecting it at all.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron Kearse "I am the best S in the draft"

Great attitude, but not even close.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching some of Karl Joseph and man that kid looks like he would be a great fit in our defense. Very physical player that would make people think twice about throwing over the middle.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching some of Karl Joseph and man that kid looks like he would be a great fit in our defense. Very physical player that would make people think twice about throwing over the middle.

Is a safety worth a first round pick though? That is the real question here

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a safety worth a first round pick though? That is the real question here

Probably not especially since he is coming off an injury. Any chance he makes it to our 2nd round pick? I mean CBS Sports has him as the 68th ranked player in the draft which would be right around our 2nd round pick. I wouldn't take him 1st for sure but 2nd I would be giddy if we did. We need somebody to fill the Bruton role. He was a huge part of this defense this last year and obviously a big part of the special teams unit. Let Joesph fill that role this year then most likely take over for Darian Stewart next year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not especially since he is coming off an injury. Any chance he makes it to our 2nd round pick? I mean CBS Sports has him as the 68th ranked player in the draft which would be right around our 2nd round pick. I wouldn't take him 1st for sure but 2nd I would be giddy if we did. We need somebody to fill the Bruton role. He was a huge part of this defense this last year and obviously a big part of the special teams unit. Let Joesph fill that role this year then most likely take over for Darian Stewart next year.

Oh i would def take him with our 2nd, but latest buzz is he goes end of round 1 to mid round 2. Super big buzz recently. I really doubt Tennessee doesn't take him if he lasts to their 2nds.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i would def take him with our 2nd, but latest buzz is he goes end of round 1 to mid round 2. Super big buzz recently. I really doubt Tennessee doesn't take him if he lasts to their 2nds.

I see mid-round 2 because of his injury. The talent though is top notch. At least from what I have watched he is a great tackler, big hitter, always around the ball, and has really improved his coverage skills from last year to what at least I saw this year. Still needs some work in coverage as he can get flat footed and wait for a WR/TE to come to him instead of already moving before they make their break but I think that is something that is very fixable.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us moving up to the mid second for a player like Joseph who the team loves and feels is worth moving up for. I still don't see us using all 10 picks this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us moving up to the mid second for a player like Joseph who the team loves and feels is worth moving up for. I still don't see us using all 10 picks this year.

I'm with you on this. Throw in knowing we will have possibly 11 draft picks next year with a ton of them being in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft I think Elway can afford to be aggressive in the draft. I could see them also making the decision to move back out of the 1st round picking up some more draft capital and then moving up in the 2nd with the 2nd pick so having an early 2nd and mid-2nd to work with.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we go S in the first few rounds Karl Joseph is a good fit.
I love Keanu Neal but he is too much like TJ Ward so I don't see him as a high possibility for us. We need a guy who can come in and play both S spots learn a year then take over for Darian Stewart (most likely)... Both S's were beat up last year at times and Stewart while very good misses game every year, we need to draft someone we can depend on to learn, start in a pinch and take over soon. If i was a S in this years draft Denver would be a great fit for me because I wouldn't need to start PRONTO (Rahim Moore example) but I will be starting soon if I play well and I could start some throughout the season given Stewart's bumps and bruise history.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Karl Joseph is healthy - I'd go with him in round 1. Keep the focus on Defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just made one of my picks in the 6th. Just watched this guy but really like him as a late round pick in Fahn Cooper. He played LT and RT for Ole Miss and has a very good first step to get into position.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety isn't an important enough position in our defense to warrant a first round selection imo. We would be much smarter going Dline (pass rusher) or even go with a good man to man corner. Those are the key positions that we can get good players cheap (with that fifth year option) round 1 that make our defense what it is. If a good corner is there that we didn't think would fall to us, I am fine with that being pick 31. Shutdown corner is such an important position, and with Talib older, if the value is there, take it.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much convinced the first pick has to be dline, oline, cb, or corner.

I wouldn't go RB (unless elliot was there... but he won't be lol)
I wouldn't go TE (Henry/Hooper aren't first round players)
I PROBABLY wouldn't go WR (overrated position imo. Who do the Pats/Seahawks/Panthers have at WR?)
I wouldn't go ILB. We have been so good at finding guys and developing them that I really have started to devalue the position in the draft, thinking we can find a late athlete.
I probably wouldn't go safety (unless Ramsey fell lol).

Dline that can pass rush, shut down corner, a future tackle, or QB. Those are the positions I look to go round 1 imo

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just made one of my picks in the 6th. Just watched this guy but really like him as a late round pick in Fahn Cooper. He played LT and RT for Ole Miss and has a very good first step to get into position.

Decent enough athlete, has long arms. Needs to get stronger for sure but round 6 that's not bad. Was Shell still available? I really like his upside as a developmental tackle.