• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I think about it more I don't see an Olineman in round 2 unless he can play LT at some point.

Okung, Stephenson, Garcia are locks leaving Sambrillo and Pardis. I tend to think a 2nd round pick should be a starter which mean who does he replace. Last year's 2nd round pick? Paradis?

If the draft goes how I think it may (which it won't) I don't see much value at OL in round 2. All depends on how the draft plays out.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally bothered to watch some film on him and yes...just yes. But the real question for me is where does he go? Cant wait to find out come draft time and if it happens to be during one of our picks, even better

IMO early to mid round 2. Some team like the Giants or a team who picks up an extra 2nd rd pick. Maybe the Titans with the Rams pick?

I could see a team like the Titans with 2 2nd round picks. His injury may not even be as bad as us fans think, because it might be some smoke with teams hoping he falls. Smith claims he is doing great, but of course he is gonna say that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO early to mid round 2. Some team like the Giants or a team who picks up an extra 2nd rd pick. Maybe the Titans with the Rams pick?

I could see a team like the Titans with 2 2nd round picks. His injury may not even be as bad as us fans think, because it might be some smoke with teams hoping he falls. Smith claims he is doing great, but of course he is gonna say that.

Actually they have 3 2nd round picks. So yeah they are a team that can use an early round pick on a guy that they can wait a year to get healthy. I think they probably know that they are still a year away from being a really competitive team so getting a top-10 talent that can come in year-2 and be huge for them would be great.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they have 3 2nd round picks. So yeah they are a team that can use an early round pick on a guy that they can wait a year to get healthy. I think they probably know that they are still a year away from being a really competitive team so getting a top-10 talent that can come in year-2 and be huge for them would be great.

BOOM

Smith to the TItans! ;)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If healthy Smith would've been the top talent in n this draft. He's worth a gamble

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota was sacked more than any Qb last yr. Expect them to address that issue early.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really dealing with the draft so far but Rotoworld just rolled out their ranking of NFL GM's. This has some to do with past history but a lot more to do with recent success and a lot to do with what they have already seen this off season. They ranked Elway #2 and actually praised him probably more for the moves he didn't make in letting Osweiler and Malik walk for overpriced contracts.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is could Elway lack the foresight in trying to get these contracts done earlier instead of waiting until the 11th hour?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is could Elway lack the foresight in trying to get these contracts done earlier instead of waiting until the 11th hour?

I guess this is where every GM is just a bit different. Elway is not big on getting a contract done early. He wants the player to play out the contract the cheapest way possible to add talent elsewhere instead of paying a guy a year early and maybe getting him for cheaper. I'm sure it has cost us a few players by doing it this way but at the same time has kept our cap under control and has helped us get the most Comp Picks of any team over the last 2-3 years and it looks like more to come next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOM

Smith to the TItans! ;)
San Fran tried to do that a couple years ago in Lattimore and Tank Carridine plus someone else but did not work out for them

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my picks in my 7 round mock for Denver. I found it hard to find value at OL with my pick on the clock.

Traded out of first with Dallas, picked up extra 4th for their 5th.
Denver Broncos

Round 2- Chris Jones, DL, Mississippi State
Round 2- Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
Round 3- Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
Round 3- James Bradberry, S, Samford
Round 4- Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State
Round 4- Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri
Round 5- Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
Round 6- Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida
Round 7- Stephen Weatherly, OLB, Vanderbilt
Round 7- Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 10 undrafted guys

Denver Broncos
1. Will Monday, P, Duke
2. Trevor Davis, WR, California
3. Jeff Driskel, QB, Louisiana Tech
4. Andrew Adams, S, UCONN
5. Sam Carlson, OG, Colorado State
6. Bruce Johnson, C, Maine
7. Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
8. Kyle Carter, TE, Penn State
9. Tre Madden, RB, USC
10. Monteese Overton, OLB, East Carolina

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my picks in my 7 round mock for Denver. I found it hard to find value at OL with my pick on the clock.

Denver Broncos

Man, that would be an exciting draft! I don't know anything about the 7th round picks, but all the others seem like really good values.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver Broncos

Pretty solid. Although I think Denver could very well go wr as early as you have them,I'd be more inclined to say Te with that 2nd second if their guy is there. Also like McGovern there at 4 and Williams at 5. Bradberry has stud written all over him too. Don't like Vannett. Great blocker but his receiving skills are suspect. Good job. I would not be disappointed.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 10 undrafted guys

Denver Broncos
1. Will Monday, P, Duke
2. Trevor Davis, WR, California
3. Jeff Driskel, QB, Louisiana Tech
4. Andrew Adams, S, UCONN
5. Sam Carlson, OG, Colorado State
6. Bruce Johnson, C, Maine
7. Kevon Seymour, CB, USC
8. Kyle Carter, TE, Penn State
9. Tre Madden, RB, USC
10. Monteese Overton, OLB, East Carolina
You know I love Carlson :) Driskel has been thrown out there as interest from Denver I believe. I take it Madden has return skill incentive?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Madden does. Madden is a pretty solid back just always hurt. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes late, just always banged up with lower body injuries, ankle/toe/knee. Be a good back to take a flyer on.

I knew you would like that Carlson signing. :)

I have this feeling we end up signing him undrafted. Seems like we are pretty partial to Colorado State guys and he is close to Shaq Barrett (not that it means we will sign him because of that) but if he has a few offers undrafted I'd think we would have the edge.

I am not in love with Vannett, but like you said he would be a good blocker and an ok receiver. Not an exciting pick, but be a good player to come in and be able to take reps right away with Heuerman hopefully starting. I am really looking forward to what Heuerman adds this year.

Bradberry can play both CB and S. He is a a big physical CB, but I took him with the idea of moving him to S which is what a lot of teams would plan on doing with him.

I was happy to get Weatherly in RD 7. Very raw, but good pass rush skills. Don't need him to play a role early but could develop in his 2nd year. Kevin Peterson is a guy who I didn't think would still be there with the final pick. He didn't have quite the SR year he did a JR year, but still solid cover guy, doesn't make mistakes. Could be a good 3rd CB down the line. Can challenge for the 5th CB job as a rookie or at hte least be on the PS. I like him better then Lorenzo Doss coming out, but we will find out how much Doss has developed in year two along with Nixon. I think Peterson could beat them both out.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott do you realize how close you were to making my first three picks a reality?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job DC ..

Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida

My only problem is one inside LB otherwise good job

The reason I say that is him being hurt in the past I would want one more and skip a CB unless he is a convert to S type that can cover TE ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are going to miss Danny T way more than most believe . I sure hope this staff is on it .