• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can clone Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater to play safety next season ?

We need that young S behind Ward and Stewart to be ready waiting in the wings... Bruton, Stew and TJ Ward are always banged up. Ward hasn't really been until this year, but we really need to draft a mid round S. I keep thinking Rd 4 for S this year. Not in dire need as our starters are great, we just need someone we can depend on, a young guy to learn back there and be ready to go when these guys get banged up.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe Kayvon would be an all pro S

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has taken a strong interest to the SR Bowl WR's (looks like user SportsHoopla fans were right on the WR direction) most noted was Oklahoma WR Sterling Shepard (Hopefully they snuck Carroo into the back room to not let anyone know of their interst)....

Also I have a new draft site now. Switched locations.

draftrecon.net is where it is happening. We just launched it the hour after our Broncos clinched a Super Bowl berth. :) Fitting aye?

Also you can follow our site on twitter (@draftrecon) which will be mostly me tweeting.

Facebook you can LIKE (draftrecon)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has taken a strong interest to the SR Bowl WR's (looks like user SportsHoopla fans were right on the WR direction) most noted was Oklahoma WR Sterling Shepard (Hopefully they snuck Carroo into the back room to not let anyone know of their interst)....

Also I have a new draft site now. Switched locations.

draftrecon.net is where it is happening. We just launched it the hour after our Broncos clinched a Super Bowl berth. :) Fitting aye?

Also you can follow our site on twitter (@draftrecon) which will be mostly me tweeting.

Facebook you can LIKE (draftrecon)

Just followed you on twitter. So are you actually at the Senior Bowl watching these guys?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched another game of Jason Spriggs and man I am starting to get my draft crush for this guy. I am not usually the take an OL in the 1st because anymore they take a while to develop but I think this guy is a perfect fit in our scheme. He has the strength to hold up against power rushers but the foot quickness to get down the LOS and make a great block on the backside to really open up a huge hole for the cut back. Indiana plays a hybrid ZBS so I don't think it would take him long to learn our scheme. I actually like the idea of him and Sambrailo developing and pushing each other and them setting up the foundation of our OL for years to come.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe Kayvon would be an all pro S

I agree. Stewart and Ward have both had good years, but it'd be nice to have more depth there for sure. I get scared with Josh Bush running around back there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Stewart and Ward have both had good years, but it'd be nice to have more depth there for sure. I get scared with Josh Bush running around back there.

Bush has to be a better tackler than what he has been. He does ok in coverage but his tackling it just seems like he misses more tackles than he makes. Reminds me of Rahim Moore his rookie year actually.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just followed you on twitter. So are you actually at the Senior Bowl watching these guys?

Sadly no, but most likely will be next year... Have someone else giving me feedback from the SR bowl though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush has to be a better tackler than what he has been. He does ok in coverage but his tackling it just seems like he misses more tackles than he makes. Reminds me of Rahim Moore his rookie year actually.

Agree. Bush is decent when the ball is in the air.. Don't trust him in man to man, but his tackling is very suspect. Never will be a starter just trying to determine if he can hack it in the league as a backup for awhile. He's not awful, but not a guy you want to depend on either. He is no Mike Adams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl- I followed you back- Thanks!

Thanks man!

Hearing anything about the safety play? Just watched a Darian Thompson game and he seems decent. Seems like a pretty good all around guy. No real part of his game that sticks out but no huge weaknesses that worry you either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching a game of Kyler Fackrell for Utah State and man I am liking this kid as maybe a Trevathan replacement. The kid can do it all. Very good dropping back into coverage, speed to get to the edges, and does well working through traffic to make a play. Hearing he is rising up draft boards quickly.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched another game of Jason Spriggs and man I am starting to get my draft crush for this guy. I am not usually the take an OL in the 1st because anymore they take a while to develop but I think this guy is a perfect fit in our scheme. He has the strength to hold up against power rushers but the foot quickness to get down the LOS and make a great block on the backside to really open up a huge hole for the cut back. Indiana plays a hybrid ZBS so I don't think it would take him long to learn our scheme. I actually like the idea of him and Sambrailo developing and pushing each other and them setting up the foundation of our OL for years to come.

I have seen a few Mocks with exactly that pick - Mr. Spriggs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man!

Hearing anything about the safety play? Just watched a Darian Thompson game and he seems decent. Seems like a pretty good all around guy. No real part of his game that sticks out but no huge weaknesses that worry you either.

Not sure if you saw my tweet, but he has been the most impressive S at the combine according to reports. I will be curious what he runs, but he seems to get off blocks well. Can cover, run and tackles well. I don't see a lot of flaws.. Raw like any DB coming out, but really stands out on film.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching a game of Kyler Fackrell for Utah State and man I am liking this kid as maybe a Trevathan replacement. The kid can do it all. Very good dropping back into coverage, speed to get to the edges, and does well working through traffic to make a play. Hearing he is rising up draft boards quickly.

There are some reports that Fackrell may have a first round grade now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff - thanks guys.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard any interview news DC. Whatcha got?