• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Brewers vs Mariners Thread:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0...Let's keep it rolling... Need this series win...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was about to rage there

first time this season

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz has been over used and his fastball command has taken the fall. He needs at least the weekend off, and with any luck we won't need him; tonight was a perfect night for rest with a three run lead IMO. The Milwaukee lineup doesn't scare me in the least bit, and this game shouldn't have even been close. The king is up tomorrow, hopefully he goes at least seven, and the bats go off against a high era starter. A win is a win, go m's!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest or not, M's fans need to understand that Diaz is going to start getting shelled badly soon. The K/9 is impossible to maintain. It just can't stay at 16+ very much longer unless he's quite literally the greatest reliever of all time.

What he has done has been marvelous, and he'll be a quality pen arm for years to come. Don't get me wrong.

I hope not to see a bunch of dilettantes shitting all over him as MLB staffs and hitters figure him out. At least give him a chance to adjust, that's all I ask.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest or not, M's fans need to understand that Diaz is going to start getting shelled badly soon. The K/9 is impossible to maintain. It just can't stay at 16+ very much longer unless he's quite literally the greatest reliever of all time.

What he has done has been marvelous, and he'll be a quality pen arm for years to come. Don't get me wrong.

I hope not to see a bunch of dilettantes shitting all over him as MLB staffs and hitters figure him out. At least give him a chance to adjust, that's all I ask.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Mariners start getting a couple blowout wins so they don't have to rely on the bullpen every single night. The M's score 3 they give up 2, they score 7 they give up 6. How about a nice 7-1 win or something every once in awhile?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Diaz is finally starting to realize how big of a stage he is on and how important he is to the team. Two rough outings in a row that he somehow got away with. He's got to reign it in and find his happy place again. Still love the kid. I wish he didn't have to pitch in so damn many games.

Last night when he got ahead by two strikes of the last hitter, you had to know we were going to win. When he gets ahead of the hitter they can't touch him. When he falls behind, he loses confidence in his fastball.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Mariners start getting a couple blowout wins so they don't have to rely on the bullpen every single night. The M's score 3 they give up 2, they score 7 they give up 6. How about a nice 7-1 win or something every once in awhile?

With our current rotation, I think we are going to have to have solid BP performances every night. They just need to make it 11 more days to September 1st, then they can bring in extra arms for the BP.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz has been over used and his fastball command has taken the fall. He needs at least the weekend off, and with any luck we won't need him; tonight was a perfect night for rest with a three run lead IMO. The Milwaukee lineup doesn't scare me in the least bit, and this game shouldn't have even been close. The king is up tomorrow, hopefully he goes at least seven, and the bats go off against a high era starter. A win is a win, go m's!

I agree with this. Would be nice to give him a couple days off. Guy had been a machine until the last two innings. Could be that stretch that most closers go through. The good news obviously is that he did enough to finish both games.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this. There has been no reason to believe that when he has his command anyone can touch him. When he strikes someone out, 9 times out of 10 his final strike is in the zone where the batter has the best chance to hit it except they don't. His fastball command has been way off the last two outings which tells me he is overcompensating to get velocity while sacrificing command. Skip has overused him since calling him up and it's pretty obvious. I appreciate Scotty's "want" to win, but when we have a three run lead in the ninth there's no reason the Bartender couldn't remain in the game for one more inning. Same thing for Caminero, if you run these high velocity guys every day they will lose their command which makes them more obvious in the pitches they throw.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a high wire act again, but Diaz survived it. Some command issues lately, but what pitcher never goes through that? I think he'll be fine -- probably settle in somewhere in between "best reliever of all time" and "getting shelled badly." Lots of choices other than those 2 things.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling good about this one with Felix on the mound and a game 1 win in hand. 7 straight home wins, and hopefully just a few hours from 8.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a high wire act again, but Diaz survived it. Some command issues lately, but what pitcher never goes through that? I think he'll be fine -- probably settle in somewhere in between "best reliever of all time" and "getting shelled badly." Lots of choices other than those 2 things.
the instant he blows some saves, the usual suspects on here will freak, and you'll scold them for it. rightly so, too.

i care mostly about how dipoto and servais handle him for the rest of this season. great kid, and of course he'll end up somewhere between "best reliever of all time" and "getting shelled badly". i don't think anybody who knows me on these forums thinks i'm that reductive.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll keep that in mind

A bit touchy? Thought maybe you would counterpoint so we could have an opiniated conversation. I'll make sure not to debate your posts in the future. Cheers!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1