• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brees takes weekly award over Smith, but 49ers OL wins Madden Award

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex should of won it since we broke the Bills back. He will when the MVP instead

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he keeps up this level of play and we keep winning he will at the very least have to be considered in the voting. He won't have the passing yards or TD's of other QB's. He would have a top 5 QB Rating with great TD:Int ratio on a winning team, and that should be enough to at least get him some love.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If he keeps up this level of play and we keep winning he will at the very least have to be considered in the voting. He won't have the passing yards or TD's of other QB's. He would have a top 5 QB Rating with great TD:Int ratio on a winning team, and that should be enough to at least get him some love.

Even if he deserved it, they'd never give it to him. He won't sell jerseys.

They'll give it to a flashier QB even if Alex has a better season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured Brees would win it since he broke a record.

I would venture to say that Smith is every bit as important to the 49ers as Brees is to the Saints. If either went down for an extended period of time it would finish the chances of their respective teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would venture to say that Smith is every bit as important to the 49ers as Brees is to the Saints. If either went down for an extended period of time it would finish the chances of their respective teams.

I vehemently disagree with that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I vehemently disagree with that.

Yeah, me too. If Brees went down, they'd be 1-4 instead of... just kidding, they don't have our defense.

Actually, I disagree with Nolan/Mozart's sentiment, but after reading Bemular's Super Bowl odds, Smith going down could have a bigger effect on the respective teams making the Super Bowl merely because we have a chance still to make the Super Bowl and no team at 1-4 has ever gone before. 0 - 0 = 0 difference > 1 - 0 = 1 difference. (Read his after 5 games segment)

I suppose New Orleans could go 6-3 in the next nine games and then match the Giants run last year, but given that no team that was >2 games below .500 has won, that would preclude them from doing that, historically speaking. There's a first for a lot of things.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com - FedEx Players Air and Ground

Smith won the FedEx Air Player of the Week Award for Week 5's victory over the Bills. Drew Brees and Andrew Luck were the other nominees. This is Alex's first Fedex Award, having lost twice before.