• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Down the Cavs' Firesale Trade Options

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won those championships in a VASTLY different era and did it with one of the best, smartest, and most innovator owners in the NBA

all the Lakers have done under the new regime is fail.

If i had to bet on the over/under on championships during the LeBron era and it was set at 0.5, id think about it but would have to go with the under.

Many of the built in advantages the Lakers over the years are simply gone. New ownership, a new league, new CBA, revenue sharing, competition from the rest of the league....its aint what it used to be thats for DAMN sure.

what have the Cavs done in ANY regime...?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won those championships in a VASTLY different era and did it with one of the best, smartest, and most innovator owners in the NBA

If i had to bet on the over/under on championships during the LeBron era and it was set at 0.5, id think about it but would have to go with the under.

Many of the built in advantages the Lakers enjoyed over the years are simply gone. New ownership, a new league, new CBA, revenue sharing, competition from the rest of the league....its aint what it used to be thats for DAMN sure.

That's a much better troll than LJ23's troll job.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs picked the right guy when they got Irving and they made the right trade when they dealt for Love.

imagine if the Lakers took the right guy JUST ONCE and had say Porzingis or Fox or Tatum, and traded either one of the Ball pick or Ingram for PG....

The Cavs got it right taking Irving, and got it right trading for Love. If the Lakers got it right say, drafting Fox or Tatum, and got it right by trading Ingram for PG,
they would be infinitely more equipped to do somethign special.

This tendency of yours to repeat posts over and over is hella gay. And it's Liberace level when you do it right there in the same post.

Here I'll show you:

This tendency you have to repeat posts over and over again is really gay. And it's Liberace level when it happens right there in the same post.

That's gayer than WiggyRuss at an Elton John concert.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many of the built in advantages the Lakers enjoyed over the years are simply gone. New ownership, a new league, new CBA, revenue sharing, competition from the rest of the league....its aint what it used to be thats for DAMN sure.

And out side of 1 small 4 year window, all the Cavs have done for their entire existence is fail.

And the person responsible for those 4 years is now.......a Laker.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling Lakers over the number of championships they have won seems like a really really smart thing to do. Next up. The Yankees World Series rings aren't really impressive compared to the Indians 2 rings!

It's funny how mad they get tho...I may give that a try, do we have a baseball board here? lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point was, if a guy like Wall, who is better than love, along with side kick like Beale, cant do any better than a steaming pile of dog poo then what chance does Love have? Especially considering the fact hes played 3-4 fucking games and was hurt for those games.

If Wall and Beale cant single-handedly (pardon, double handedly?) elevate a team, and at LEAST WAll is better than Love, what chance does Love have on a team that is rebuilding, fired its coach, had a roster that was specifically built around the best player in the league etc.

Porzingis is prob. better than Love and while he was healthy he couldnt do shit on the Bricks.

and of course, what will it be? 65 million between BEal and Wall next year for another bad-to-mediocre team that is going no where?

just move the fucking franchise to Seattle and be done with it.

Love doesn't have a chance.

That isn't what you were saying this summer though.

And the Wizards problem is that they have terrible chemistry. It isn't a talent problem. They aren't contending anytime soon, but they are as talented as all the mid pack East playoff teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how mad they get tho...I may give that a try, do we have a baseball board here? lol

lol @you thinking Lakers fans laughing at you means they're mad.

I mean, TLF is mad. But then, TLF gonna TLF.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got a lil triggered becuase he knew i was right....lol....

when you have 3 #2 overall picks and all you come up with is Russell (who was dealt away to cover up another mistake), Ingram, and Ball, you PROB arent too happy.

Especially watching Fox. Its clear he is the best Pg in that draft and far superior to the 2 taken ahead of him- Fultz and Ball.

The Cavs picked the right guy when they got Irving and they made the right trade when they dealt for Love.

imagine if the Lakers took the right guy JUST ONCE and had say Porzingis or Fox or Tatum, and traded either one of the Ball pick or Ingram for PG....

The Cavs got it right taking Irving, and got it right trading for Love. If the Lakers got it right say, drafting Fox or Tatum, and got it right by trading Ingram for PG, they would be infinitely more equipped to do somethign special.

As is, if the over under was .5 for championships out of this team, i gotta say the under.

This is the modern NBA. Dr. Buss is not walking through that door- and to fail with those 3 draft picks will absolutely haunt them down the road.

Lakers got Kuzma out of that Russell trade. BIG WIN. Ball and Ingram were solid picks, you just have no patience.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You might have a point if the Lakers only had success in one era. Unfortunately for you, that's just not true. Most finals appearances ever (31, Boston is second with 21). This will (most likely) be the first decade they miss the finals, unless the Warriors continue to struggle (Lakers currently 1.5 games out of the 1 seed).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your boy Turner had a fucking fantastic game tonight....

Pacers have done some nice things. I think you will end up being happy with that deal in the long term.

And as well as the Twolves did for Butler, the Pacers absolutely knocked it out of the park for George---- getting Sabonis and Oladipo.

Sabonis has been a stud.

Its fun watching the Wizards continue to shit all over themselves. Beal with 27 fucking shots tonight. too funny.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to go over it...

Kevin Love- Jason Lloyd and Brian Windhorst agree that if the Cavs wanted to trade Love they could have a deal done in 15 minutes. I think they wait till the offseason. Teams have dreams of elite free agents right now. A lot of teams will come up empty handed- when they do they will look to the trade market. Love's contract extension actually decreases from year to year.

JR Smith- has a unique contract grandfathered into the old CBA. Next year only 3M is guaranteed on his contract but for trading purposes all 15M count--- this is no longer allowed per the new CBA as you can only trade guaranteed amounts- its why he has not been released.

Greg Hill- the same as JR Smith, except even better- only 1M out of 20M is guaranteed next year. Plus he might actually be able to help a team- as an expiring contract that could help a team he could bring something back- esp. if the Cavs take back bad money on a long term deal.

Alec Burks- 11M dollar expiring contract and could help a team off the bench.

Jordan Clarskon- has played really well but owed 13M next year- any team with free agent dreams will be wary about taking that guaranteed money.

TT- has played great- durable, playoff experience, raises his game in the playoffs, has shown some solid leadership, after an injury plagued year and headline plagued year last year he is back to his old self- rebounding like a mad man. Still- he is owed 18M next year and i doubt any team that wants to enter the free agent market will want to trade for him unless they are giving back bad money that is more expensive/longer than his contract. I think the Cavs should keep him unless someone gives them a deal that they cant refuse.

Rodney Hood- 3.5M expiring contract- could be a nice piece for a team to come off the bench- is cheap and expiring- could net an asset. Especially if combined with say JR or Hill and they take back bad money.

A couple things:

1) Detroit, the team I had mentioned as a Clarkson destination, is currently capped out at the moment. The fact that he has another full year left on his deal makes him more appealing to the Pistons, and increases your chances of netting a first rounder for him.

2) Take off your homer glasses when evaluating TT. Yes, he's having a nice bounce back season. That said, he's producing on a bad team and his contract is still pretty bad. Your team is not going anywhere with him and you have to get whatever value for him while you can.

3) Congratulations on the George Hill deal. Did not see this one coming. Both the Cavs and Bucks made out great here. Milwaukee upgrades their weak bench and sheds salary to aid their quest to re-sign some combination of Middleton/Brogdon/Bledsoe. The Cavs get some nice draft assets for a guy who provided limited on-court value while also bringing back a hero from their title team in Delly.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your boy Turner had a fucking fantastic game tonight....

Pacers have done some nice things. I think you will end up being happy with that deal in the long term.

And as well as the Twolves did for Butler, the Pacers absolutely knocked it out of the park for George---- getting Sabonis and Oladipo.

Sabonis has been a stud.

Its fun watching the Wizards continue to shit all over themselves. Beal with 27 fucking shots tonight. too funny.

We've pulled off some nice wins lately, but I still hate the idea of Turner/Sabonis making a combined $150 million to play the same position when the team still thirsts for a true #2 scorer (and a #3, for that matter) to compliment 'Dipo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've pulled off some nice wins lately, but I still hate the idea of Turner/Sabonis making a combined $150 million to play the same position when the team still thirsts for a true #2 scorer (and a #3, for that matter) to compliment 'Dipo.
its a fair point, but what can you really get in free agency? Do you really want to try and pay like Kemba 35-40M a year? Free agency just does not seem like the right route for the Pacers to go with how prices are just so high.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a fair point, but what can you really get in free agency? Do you really want to try and pay like Kemba 35-40M a year? Free agency just does not seem like the right route for the Pacers to go with how prices are just so high.

Would have loved to land Tobias Harris and Eric Bledsoe over the summer, but now it's looking like one or the other, if either.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think would go to Brooklyn to entice KD to go as well? That's a huge leap of faith to jump from the Warriors to the Nets. I don't think Brooklyn can get top shelf FAs without building a better base first than just Levert and Allen. The Nets are actually winning some games as currently constituted; they would be picking 6th today. Who would even be the #6 pick?

Kemba Walker would be perfect for this, if he quits being stubborn and finally realizes that Charlotte is not a good long-term place for him. Their veterans are retreads and their young guys are too young.

Joe Harris would be a more attractive trade piece for Brooklyn to pawn off in a salary dump than Crabbe would be. I just wonder if there are any other spare parts to pawn off with him and still be able to create two max slots.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba Walker would be perfect for this, if he quits being stubborn and finally realizes that Charlotte is not a good long-term place for him. Their veterans are retreads and their young guys are too young.

Joe Harris would be a more attractive trade piece for Brooklyn to pawn off in a salary dump than Crabbe would be. I just wonder if there are any other spare parts to pawn off with him and still be able to create two max slots.

I'm not so sure that Durant wants to place his future in the hands of another ball-dominant, me-first PG. Durant averages as many assists as Kemba does.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got a lil triggered becuase he knew i was right....lol....

The Cavs got it right taking Irving, and got it right trading for Love. If the Lakers got it right say, drafting Fox or Tatum, and got it right by trading Ingram for PG, they would be infinitely more equipped to do somethign special.

As is, if the over under was .5 for championships out of this team, i gotta say the under.

This is the modern NBA. Dr. Buss is not walking through that door- and to fail with those 3 draft picks will absolutely haunt them down the road.

I don't know if they got all the right picks. You think Irving > Kawhi. I'll disagree.

Lebron joined a team that drafted Kyrie, Wiggins, Crowder, Waiters, Tristan, Cunningham, Kasarev, and Bennett.

They left on the board... Kawhi, Embiid, Lilliard, Kemba, Draymond, Giannis, Gobert, and Jokic.

I wouldn't exactly be saying "look how good we did" when it came to making the right call with draft picks to rebuild. Without Lebron the Cavs have gotten the top pick in 3 of the last 4 drafts and seem trying to make it 4 of 5. Not going to say their moves are working or that they are doing well without Lebron and his influence.