• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking down the Bears offensive problems and the solution (Justin Fields)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you still have an affinity for Mitch. You may want to avert your eyes from this one.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QBs in the 80 years since Sid Luckman have been the "solution" (before a regular season start)? Probably 80% of them.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QBs in the 80 years since Sid Luckman have been the "solution" (before a regular season start)? Probably 80% of them.
Hey, I get it. But I stopped trying to contain my excitement after the first pre-season game. I never felt this way about Rex, Kyle, Mitch, Cutler, etc.

This kids floor is being "good". His ceiling is HOF. Just saying...

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not the quarterback, the problem is this guy saying the same shit he said about Mitch and treating Justin the same way. The man who is judging when the kid is ready is the same guy that decided Mitch was ready and "development" went to the way side.

If he is blaming Mitch for not developing when he was thrown into it and saying Justin is not Mitch so he could handle it when he does throw him in, I am fearful the same shit happens.

I know it was just one play, but Justin had no idea where the rush was coming from when he got his helmet knocked off, or he knew and did not have a receiver running a hot route. He got up, most likely got his first bell rung of his nfl career.

Best thing for Justin Fields and his bear career is to be third string and wait til next year when there is a new head coach and offensive coordinator in place.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kollman is big time in the tank for Fields so gotta take it with a grain of salt. Nothing matters until we see actual production on the regular season field. The pain will be real if this kid busts though. It's inevitable with the hype being so big right now. Just give us this one...We're long overdue.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is not the quarterback, the problem is this guy saying the same shit he said about Mitch and treating Justin the same way. The man who is judging when the kid is ready is the same guy that decided Mitch was ready and "development" went to the way side.

If he is blaming Mitch for not developing when he was thrown into it and saying Justin is not Mitch so he could handle it when he does throw him in, I am fearful the same shit happens.

I know it was just one play, but Justin had no idea where the rush was coming from when he got his helmet knocked off, or he knew and did not have a receiver running a hot route. He got up, most likely got his first bell rung of his nfl career.

Best thing for Justin Fields and his bear career is to be third string and wait til next year when there is a new head coach and offensive coordinator in place.
So you're going to cherry pick one play where he got blindsided (which happens to every QB at some point). Despite the fact, that he was phenomenal in feeling the rush all pre-season and keeping his eyes downfield making plays in the process?

And I don't see what Mitch's development has to do with Fields. Fields is already ahead of Mitch. In accuracy, footwork, throwing mechanics, pocket presence, etc. The sad thing is that Mitch actually did improve in a few key areas over the course of his Bears career. He was, without a doubt, better when he left than when he came in. He just started out so far behind the 8 ball and quite frankly... just didn't have what it takes. Not physically, not mentally.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one knows for certain if it was Trubs or Nagy. It's just as possible Trubisky was simply just not that very good too. As much as you want to blame Nagy, he did come with a pretty good resume.

I don't think Nagy ever publicly blamed Trubs.

Who care about one play. It was a learnings experience for him.

You have no idea what the "best thing for JF" is. There are plenty of examples that go both ways when deciding whether to start rookie QBs or not. There is no right answer here, and yet this is debated on EVERY YEAR. It's so boring.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows for certain if it was Trubs or Nagy. It's just as possible Trubisky was simply just not that very good too. As much as you want to blame Nagy, he did come with a pretty good resume.

I don't think Nagy ever publicly blamed Trubs.

Who care about one play. It was a learnings experience for him.

You have no idea what the "best thing for JF" is. There are plenty of examples that go both ways when deciding whether to start rookie QBs or not. There is no right answer here, and yet this is debated on EVERY YEAR. It's so boring.
right, nobody has an idea of what the "best thing for JF" is. History is not leaning towards Nagy. Just go back and listen to Nagy saying the same things he said about Mitch. Mike Glennon is our quarterback fourth game Mitch is in, most likely too soon. That is why I say roll with Dalton and Foles, let Fields be an emergency quarterback and remove the option until we get a new head coach who does know.

As far as who cares about one play, thats one concussion, how many do you think an NFL quarterback gets?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 years down the line, all I'll remember about Mitch is the NVP and Nagy hugging/consoling him like a toddler on national TV. Whoever you want to blame...Good f*cking riddance to that sh*t.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, nobody has an idea of what the "best thing for JF" is. History is not leaning towards Nagy. Just go back and listen to Nagy saying the same things he said about Mitch. Mike Glennon is our quarterback fourth game Mitch is in, most likely too soon. That is why I say roll with Dalton and Foles, let Fields be an emergency quarterback and remove the option until we get a new head coach who does know.

As far as who cares about one play, thats one concussion, how many do you think an NFL quarterback gets?

Mahomes didn't start right away either. Neither did Montana. Neither did Brady. That's three of the best ever. Does it prove you shouldn't start right away? No. I believe the cream will eventually rise to the top. If you're good, you'll end up good and it doesn't matter how you started.

Did JF get a concussion?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 years down the line, all I'll remember about Mitch is the NVP and Nagy hugging/consoling him like a toddler on national TV. Whoever you want to blame...Good f*cking riddance to that sh*t.
sadly, I think you will be remembering it was how Nagy handles Fields and the fans requiring proof he was to blame for both careers slowing to a halt.

Just too easy to say mitch was a pussy and Field cannot possibly be the same.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly, I think you will be remembering it was how Nagy handles Fields and the fans requiring proof he was to blame for both careers slowing to a halt.

It's easy to say because some QB's are good and some aren't...Mitch isn't. Fields...We'll see. High hopes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone bad mouth Mitch and then defend the guy that ruined him? Mitch is gone understand? That is all in the past. Let's leave it there. The problems plaguing the Bears right now are what we should be focused on. When we lose 10+ this year you will not be able to blame Mitch will you? I'm so fkn tired of hearing about a guy that is not on our team anymore. MOVE ON PEOPLE. You guys will need a whole bunch of new excuse's moving forward. Work on them now.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone bad mouth Mitch and then defend the guy that ruined him? Mitch is gone understand? That is all in the past. Let's leave it there. The problems plaguing the Bears right now are what we should be focused on. When we lose 10+ this year you will not be able to blame Mitch will you? I'm so fkn tired of hearing about a guy that is not on our team anymore. MOVE ON PEOPLE. You guys will need a whole bunch of new excuse's moving forward. Work on them now.

And next year we won't have a 1st round pick because we didn't tank 3 games last year to play a meaningless playoff game. Good grief.

It's not just the ownership and the management, it's also the stupid fans.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today... how many seasons has Mitch not played for us?

Say it.

Do you ACTUALLY "fkn" believe that people are just going to forget that the guy ever existed after one summer? Stop.

Nagy ruined him? What is he good at Noon!? Tell me one thing he does well besides run. He never was good, he never was going to be good. He will have a nice career as a backup. Good riddance.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When was Mitch good and Nagy ruined him? I swear, I must have blacked out for this. Like, when was Mitch good? For a few games in early 2018?

And no one is saying he was a pussy. He's not. He's a tough kid, a hard worker, he does everything right... he's just not a franchise quarterback.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Mitch good and Nagy ruined him? I swear, I must have blacked out for this. Like, when was Mitch good? For a few games in early 2018?

And no one is saying he was a pussy. He's not. He's a tough kid, a hard worker, he does everything right... he's just not a franchise quarterback.
I am clearly one that prefers a player earns the franchise quarterback role by what he does on the field, not by draft status.

I saw what Mitch was, a scrambling, make things happen by moving the pocket quarterback that never had much use for pocket presence. He was 11-3 as the starter in 2018, so I think you missed a few games that year.

the reason Fields was not chosen higher is one reason, pocket performance. They tell us how high he scored on aptitude tests, when he knows where he should throw the ball, but his weakness on each GM that wanted a quarterbacks board was when he finally throws the ball. To me, that sounds exactly the same as mitch's problems that shipped him out of town. Make things happen, but get hurt in the process is not part of the plan.

Nagy wants his plays run, he wants to be the reason the play works, does not want to be blamed for calling the wrong one, its the wrong decision, the wrong guy, a bad route.

I dont blame Trubisky, but if we got Watson or Mahomes, I do not think they would be the same players they turned into elsewhere. So excuse me for wanting to see Fields earn the title.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today... how many seasons has Mitch not played for us?

Say it.

Do you ACTUALLY "fkn" believe that people are just going to forget that the guy ever existed after one summer? Stop.

Nagy ruined him? What is he good at Noon!? Tell me one thing he does well besides run. He never was good, he never was going to be good. He will have a nice career as a backup. Good riddance.
So Nagy is not was not and never will be the problem??? regardless of Mitch at all, no QB has played well under Nagy. And I don't believe any will or can. I hope this season at least proves to you that Nagy is a huge problem. Mitch was and is average but Nagy made him look even worse then that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And next year we won't have a 1st round pick because we didn't tank 3 games last year to play a meaningless playoff game. Good grief.

It's not just the ownership and the management, it's also the stupid fans.
You're not stupid BS you're just kinda slow. A coach on the hot seat should tank games to help out the next coach but most won't. I don't get it either.