• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears @ Saints

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As suspected, Bagent will start in this game.

I initially thought that would be it, Fields would be back the week after this one. But he's still being listed as week-to-week, so it's anyone's guess when he returns.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in seeing Bagent again, I suppose. Just another chance to see him get reps and see how he bounces back from the loss (Personally, I didn't think he played badly, at all). It's really the only thing left in this season that I have to invest in. Evaluating him (and praying for the miracle chance that he might actually be good). Once Fields comes back, I have nothing. I already know that I never want to see him again. And it's not like we'll be fighting for a playoff berth.

"Frustrating" isn't even a good word. Yet, another lost season, where it's only October and our season is totally shot. I am becoming very numb towards all of this. It's becoming hard to justify how much energy that I put into following this team.

I would like to see a competitive game, but I sort of doubt it. Kamara will do to us what Ekeler did. Completion after completion underneath until our eye balls bleed. Once again, Bagent and company won't have the ball much.

Saints 33
Bears 17

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in seeing Bagent again, I suppose. Just another chance to see him get reps and see how he bounces back from the loss (Personally, I didn't think he played badly, at all). It's really the only thing left in this season that I have to invest in. Evaluating him (and praying for the miracle chance that he might actually be good). Once Fields comes back, I have nothing. I already know that I never want to see him again. And it's not like we'll be fighting for a playoff berth.

"Frustrating" isn't even a good word. Yet, another lost season, where it's only October and our season is totally shot. I am becoming very numb towards all of this. It's becoming hard to justify how much energy that I put into following this team.

I would like to see a competitive game, but I sort of doubt it. Kamara will do to us what Ekeler did. Completion after completion underneath until our eye balls bleed. Once again, Bagent and company won't have the ball much.

Saints 33
Bears 17
I think there’s a very small chance Fields is learning from Bagent. If fields gets the same mentality passing the ball, I think his arm can actually make the throws to succeed. I give it a 5% chance.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there’s a very small chance Fields is learning from Bagent. If fields gets the same mentality passing the ball, I think his arm can actually make the throws to succeed. I give it a 5% chance.
IMO, we've already seen that it doesn't matter what he learns "conceptually" or "in theory". He spent all off-season trying to fix the fundamentals.

At the end of the day, when he hits the field and the bullets fly. He can't feel in the pocket, he can't see the field, and he can't consistently throw the ball accurately in the short/intermediate. He's always going to run around trying to extend plays and take drive killing sacks.

Bagent is obviously a THOUSAND times less physically gifted than Fields with the measurables. However, with things like processing and his ability to feel things in the pocket. I don't think JF could ever simply "learn" that. I think he's demonstrated (31 games in) that he cannot.

Also, Bagent gets the ball out REALLY fast. Fields winds up like a damn baseball outfielder gearing up to throw a ball to home plate and he does not appear to be set on changing that anytime soon.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, we've already seen that it doesn't matter what he learns "conceptually" or "in theory". He spent all off-season trying to fix the fundamentals.

At the end of the day, when he hits the field and the bullets fly. He can't feel in the pocket, he can't see the field, and he can't consistently throw the ball accurately in the short/intermediate. He's always going to run around trying to extend plays and take drive killing sacks.

Bagent is obviously a THOUSAND times less physically gifted than Fields with the measurables. However, with things like processing and his ability to feel things in the pocket. I don't think JF could ever simply "learn" that. I think he's demonstrated (31 games in) that he cannot.

Also, Bagent gets the ball out REALLY fast. Fields winds up like a damn baseball outfielder gearing up to throw a ball to home plate and he does not appear to be set on changing that anytime soon.
I don't like anything what you just said, but I'm having a very hard time attempting to dispute it. A very hard time.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richi...They're both not going to be the starter for the Chicago Bears in 2024. Stop "Sweat"ing it man. (AWW YES I DID)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richi...They're both not going to be the starter for the Chicago Bears in 2024. Stop "Sweat"ing it man. (AWW YES I DID)
I am utterly horrified that Fields plays halfway decently upon his return. We play our way into the abyss of a 10-15th overall pick - while Carolina plays our way out of Caleb Williams as well. Then, we stick with Fields for another season and draft some type of a developmental QB (Rattler from South Carolina or something) later on and we roll this all back next season (sans Eberflus, he's fucked).

I could also see us (even in best case scenario) drafting a QB with our first and still starting Fields week 1.

There's multiple pathways left for Fields to be our week 1 starter next year.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am utterly horrified that Fields plays halfway decently upon his return. We play our way into the abyss of a 10-15th overall pick - while Carolina plays our way out of Caleb Williams as well. Then, we stick with Fields for another season and draft some type of a developmental QB (Rattler from South Carolina or something) later on and we roll this all back next season (sans Eberflus, he's fucked).

I could also see us (even in best case scenario) drafting a QB with our first and still starting Fields week 1.

There's multiple pathways left for Fields to be our week 1 starter next year.

There is no way Fields is coming out of injury and balling out so hard that he flips the narrative over 5 or 6 games. First off, because we know he's not good enough to be consistent for that many games...and second, he's got to play ABOVE now with the body of work he has behind him. It's just not going to happen. We're moving on. I think we trade him in offseason and Bagent stays on as backup to our eventual top ten draft pick.

Hopefully we get a good enough pick for Fields that we can grab a decent center. I'm so over our sh*tty center play.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we get a good enough pick for Fields that we can grab a decent center. I'm so over our sh*tty center play.
For your sake my friend, I really, really, really hope we draft a center next year or if not, sign a good one in free agency (is there such a player available this offseason?).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there such a player available this offseason?
Got myself all curiositied up and decided to do a wee bit o' research:

Looks like there are a number of them, with the Dolphins Connor Williams and the Raiders Andre James leading the pack. Williams looks like he'll be the pricier of the two.

Edit: Naturally, this assumes either player will not get re-signed by their respective clubs. We've seen scenarios where the club retains a player we're interested in way, way too often.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Fields is coming out of injury and balling out so hard that he flips the narrative over 5 or 6 games. First off, because we know he's not good enough to be consistent for that many games...and second, he's got to play ABOVE now with the body of work he has behind him. It's just not going to happen. We're moving on. I think we trade him in offseason and Bagent stays on as backup to our eventual top ten draft pick.

Not saying he flips the narrative and remains "the guy". Read my post - it doesn't say that.

It says we win a few games against a pretty light schedule, go 6-11, fall out of the top ten and QB range. Carolina wins a few. We can't get someone like Caleb Williams, at all.

Then, we're stuck with him as a stop gap for a year.

I am not saying we would ever go into next season saying "this is the guy!". Barring a miracle, that ship has long sailed. We agree there.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he flips the narrative and remains "the guy". Read my post - it doesn't say that.

It says we win a few games against a pretty light schedule, go 6-11, fall out of the top ten and QB range. Carolina wins a few. We can't get someone like Caleb Williams, at all.

I am not saying we would ever go into next season saying "this is the guy!". Barring a miracle, that ship has long sailed. We agree there.

I'm fairly certain we're going to have a top 5 pick when the dust settles...which will be high enough to find a QB option. The odds that we don't end up that high are pretty staggering at this point...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fairly certain we're going to have a top 5 pick when the dust settles...which will be high enough to find a QB option. The odds that we don't end up that high are pretty staggering at this point...

Id even be ecstatic with Drake Maye as a consolation prize.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye got off to a questionable start to the '23 season, throwing 4 INTs over the first 3 games, altho his percentage rate was fine. Since then he's been pretty much en fuego, having only thrown 1 in the last 5 games vs 12 TDs. The percentage has dipped some over this period, but I like that he's not turning it over. There are some analysts who think he may end up being the first QB taken off the board due to Williams quirky behavior to date. That remains to be seen, but I'm with you that he'd be one helluva consolation prize.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sorry... can't go that far, man. Hard pass. That would be bad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye got off to a questionable start to the '23 season, throwing 4 INTs over the first 3 games, altho his percentage rate was fine. Since then he's been pretty much en fuego, having only thrown 1 in the last 5 games vs 12 TDs. The percentage has dipped some over this period, but I like that he's not turning it over. There are some analysts who think he may end up being the first QB taken off the board due to Williams quirky behavior to date. That remains to be seen, but I'm with you that he'd be one helluva consolation prize.
You mean, "en fuego" including two losses to garbage ass Virginia and Georgia Tech? What are you talking about, my friend?

Maye has little to no shot at a successful NFL career, IMO. But have at it. If we draft him - I'm moving to India and taking up Cricket as my favorite sport. Y'all have fun with another ACC failed QB who looks like shit IN A SOFT POWER 5 COLLEGE CONFERENCE.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, "en fuego" including two losses to garbage ass Virginia and Georgia Tech? What are you talking about, my friend?

Maye has little to no shot at a successful NFL career, IMO. But have at it. If we draft him - I'm moving to India and taking up Cricket as my favorite sport. Y'all have fun with another ACC failed QB who looks like shit IN A SOFT POWER 5 COLLEGE CONFERENCE.
Didn't watch either game, but stats-wise, it's hard to pin those losses on him. I see one of those two is where he threw an INT - maybe that was key to the game, I have no Idea. I also see that those two games earlier in the season when he threw 2 INTs in each they won the game. So who knows. Overall I just like his numbers, but it's during the offseason when I begin to do a deep dive on any player where there's a chance he could be potential Bears material. Maybe all you have against him will come to fruition in that research. But for the time being he's listed by just about every draft board on the planet as the 2nd best QB for a reason.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch either game, but stats-wise, it's hard to pin those losses on him. I see one of those two is where he threw an INT - maybe that was key to the game, I have no Idea. I also see that those two games earlier in the season when he threw 2 INTs in each they won the game. So who knows. Overall I just like his numbers, but it's during the offseason when I begin to do a deep dive on any player where there's a chance he could be potential Bears material. Maybe all you have against him will come to fruition in that research. But for the time being he's listed by just about every draft board on the planet as the 2nd best QB for a reason.

I never watch college ball,but Maye is talked about a lot........Ill listen to the NFL pundits first and foremost.

Abd its almost a certain itll be CW if hes there,not Maye......