• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady gears up for a fight: Adds lawyer with SC experience, asks for appeal extension.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first bolded part.

1. It didn't go missing. He had it disposed of. His team asked if the league wanted it and they said no, so he chose to dispose of it.
2. The NFL has access to all the phone records and never needed the phone, hence they told his team they don't need it.

This is proof you haven't actually read any of the legal documents and are ignorant of the case at hand.

Second bolded part.

Further proof you have not read the legal documents of the case. Brady was fully cooperative, as admitted by the NFL.
The team turned over all employee phones to the league. (Brady's phone is privately owned.)
The team made their entire staff available to the league. The two sides agreed to a certain number of interviews per person. The league then decided it wanted to go over that limit and at that point were denied.

Maybe take the time to actually read the case so you don't look so dumb when commenting on it?:noidea:

Did you read the whole report, or are you just going off of what you learned in the slanted NE media?
Legitimate question - not a job (mostly).

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump asked Brady to be his VP and he kindly refused. Would have been landslide victory for Donnie

Brady was too humble to accept, Sonny?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't some slanted NE report, or the "world is against us" report.

This is purely what Tom Brady's own agent and forensic examiner gave us in their own words and reports.

“It wasn’t until February 28 that Ted Wells’ team sent us an e-mail asking for contents off Tom’s phone,” said Yee. "On March 2, we wrote back to Ted Wells and told him we considered his request for information off the phone and we declined his request."

And Tom Brady's forensic examiner Brady Maryman he hired for his appeal said in his ..

"An initial examination of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 indicated that its dates of active use were from March 6, 2015 through April 8, 2015. As such it was deemed to be outside the scope of the investigation and nofurther analysis was conducted."

So for Brady to have destroyed his cell phone before it was asked for....

Tom Brady destroys his cell phone on or before Feb 28. Has to be at least before March 2nd, when his agent said they had talked about it and decided no. But that's ONLY if you believe his agent really wasn't feeling like passing on this info for a few days which I don't buy.

Tom Brady goes phone shopping and activates his new one March 6.

You need to convince me that Tom Brady, in the midst of all this, as an NFL star QB decided to jump off the grid for a week, Mon thru Friday at the bare minimum.

And then the statement that: "Tom Brady routinely destroys his cellphones for security reasons" is interesting too.

His previous phone according to Brady Maryman his own forensic guy was that he went through Brady's previous phone, a still working Samsung Note 3 that was shut down in Nov 2014. So Brady kept that phone around for 16 months with information on it? He didn't even delete Evernote, his texting app off of it which Maryman says was installed still.

What happened to routinely destroying them, and why wouldn't he even remove the app he used to keep his information on?

And you also have his agent Yee saying “It turns out he just got back to the country after taking a trip. Why did he cycle through the phone that week? The iPhone 6 was coming out. [Brady] happened to want a new phone"

Interesting... So Brady according to his agent shut off his phone by March 2nd at the latest because he wants the "new" Iphone 6 (which came out before week 3 of the previous NFL season over 6 months before). Then buys a Galaxy Note 4 instead.

I think the issue with getting out in front on those press conferences by him and his agent is that when the facts come around later that he needs in court, they just don't jive anymore with the story he put out before. Multiple times now that he's doing things that just make no sense? I am sorry. As much as I may want to buy it, I can't. To me the only plausible excuse is they were making the stories up at the time thinking this wouldn't be something that they would be dealing with in court a year later. And when that real information comes out, the spin doctor stories just don't hold up anymore.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wells report. Interviews with Wells. Judge's actual quote from the ruling. NE patriots report. Tom Brady's hired forensic investigators testimony. Those were the sources. I'll listen to ESPN, also read the NFL's and the Patriots rebuttals to each other. But prefer the sources themselves. I know that ESPN has a HUGE bias against the Northeast, they hate that new England area more than anyone and are clearly biased towards them for all sorts of nonsensical reasons....

I get that Wells had the info on the text where Jastremski was called the deflator. And if I was in that position in new england you can be damn sure when I realized that information hadn't been brought up in his interview, there is no way that I'm putting him back out there again, Email me your question for him and we'll let our legal team put together his response. Fuck them, they had a chance, and missed it, not going to go out of my way to help them dig that hole any deeper than it already is.

But obviously realizing that the alleged deflater referred to himself as the deflater after interviewing him constitutes an "extraordinary or unexpected circumstance" no matter when they should have realized it. To me, I'd rather have heard the truth than seen it covered up by a lawyer saying "well you could have discovered that sooner, but tough luck, we are taking him away now".
Damn and too bad there wasn't enough time to measure those other 8 Colt balls. If the NFL started with due justice then maybe we wouldn't be where we currently are. It's all about the shield, don't you know:doh:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn and too bad there wasn't enough time to measure those other 8 Colt balls. If the NFL started with due justice then maybe we wouldn't be where we currently are. It's all about the shield, don't you know:doh:

Yes because this is so so good for the NFL lol. They wanted this from the start, cheating allegations and all that. Rather than just say no it's good to go. come on. :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because this is so so good for the NFL lol. They wanted this from the start, cheating allegations and all that. Rather than just say no it's good to go. come on. :L

Absolutely incredible how delusional this fanbase is.

It's mental illness.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the whole report, or are you just going off of what you learned in the slanted NE media?

I loved it when the Boston Globe ripped the Patriots a new one for the rampant cheating and arrogance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is incredible that Pats fans think this was good for the NFL, to go after a team for cheating. That about the last thing the NFL wanted to do.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haterz sure are fun to read. Y'all spend the MAJORITY of your football talk on the Pats.

:suds:

apmalcolmbutleropjpg1422975480265.jpeg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read every single legal document, and the NFL reports, that were made available. You?

One of my favorite parts is when the NFL team admitted in court that they found no direct evidence Brady had done anything wrong. This was at the point they dropped their argument that he had cheated and that this was simply about the commish power to invoke punishment at will under the CBA.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haterz sure are fun to read. Y'all spend the MAJORITY of your football talk on the Pats.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

butler.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! On the ipad kept getting error signals and gave up cause I didn't think it would post.

Such a great fucking post though, I know everyone enjoyed it all three times.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! On the ipad kept getting error signals and gave up cause I didn't think it would post.

Such a great fucking post though, I know everyone enjoyed it all three times.

Getting server errors on my laptop as well.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read every single legal document, and the NFL reports, that were made available. You?

One of my favorite parts is when the NFL team admitted in court that they found no direct evidence Brady had done anything wrong. This was at the point they dropped their argument that he had cheated and that this was simply about the commish power to invoke punishment at will under the CBA.

Actually they never dropped their argument that Brady cheated. Sure they did in court because THAT'S NOT WHAT THE APPEAL IS ABOUT! Read Brady's appeal. He is appealing that the Commish overstepped his power in the CBA to be the arbiter where he should only be allowed to decide appeals of disciplinary decisions (and not expressly writen in the CBA other powers), and ignored the CBA penalty consistency by saying this should only be given the same punishment as listed punishments for other equipment violations. Of course they aren't arguing over the evidence of cheating because that isn't part of the appeal by BRADY. See how you have to try and put your spin on things to make your point that have nothing at all to do with the reality of what is happening here? Why not use the actual court documents, instead of throw out opinion that's unrelated to the situation you are talking about?

You can sit there and post a rebuttal to all these individual pieces of evidence. Sure the NFL only tested 4 of the colts balls that had a .2 PSI variance. Maybe the other 8 would have been all over just like the Pats. Maybe if they tested all 12 balls we wouldn't see a 700% difference in PSI there between both teams if the other 8 Colts balls just happened to be the 8 that were all over the place. It's less than a 1% chance statistically but it is a chance, therefore not evidence that would hold up in court. Otherwise you have to believe that it looks like the Colts/Refs did a really good job of ensuring their balls were pumped up to proper levels with a gauge used, and the Patriots balls all look like someone was rushing, not using the right equipment, maybe in a hurry trying to adjust PSI for some reason. Or option 2 is the Patriot defense that they just didn't care all of a sudden which makes zero sense after all the info that showed how important that was to them. Or option 3 which is that they are implementing their belief in how the ideal gas law realted here wrongly.

And yes they didn't find direct evidence. Pats cut off interviews when they found new information. Brady decided to go for a week without a cellphone and start his "regular destruction of his cellphone" (even though his previous phone from over a year ago was still operational and had the apps he used to keep his contacts in place). Maybe the deflater was just a really unusual term for weight loss. Maybe the one day when that locker room was full of people he did decide to make that the day he took off early and slipped away into a private bathroom. Maybe the Patriots fired/suspended those guys for doing their job and sticking up for the team. Maybe Goodell is just trying to make this a big thing because it's really bad for the league. Maybe he just really hates Kraft. Maybe PSI really was important, but not really to the Pats and staff. Maybe those guys did just go rogue and decide they knew better than Brady where his football PSI should be. I can buy a maybe. I might even be able to buy a couple if it happened to my Eagles. But I am not gullible enough as neither a fan nor hater to buy the rest.

But that's the joy of being a sports fan. If there is a shred of possibility, you can convince yourself of the most gullible things if it supports your team, that everyone else is purely a hater. Yeah, all the other PED users were cheats... my guy just happened to use the tainted supplement, or was near someone smoking pot, or has the 1 in 500,000 genetic disorder, or his leg spasmed right into the other guys crotch, or he just misunderstood the rules, or "everyone does it, we were just the team that got caught".