• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Gone

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... so 2 bad picks out of 17 puts Fisher and Snead on the hot seat?? Really?? Really??

I get it.. they WHIFFED big time on both Quick and Pead. Imagine if we had Alshon Jeffrey and Lavonte David along with Jenkins out of that 2nd round??

But I mean Brockers,Jenkins,Zuerlein,Stacy,Austin,McDonald and Ogletree are long term guys. Johnson,Givens,D Rich,McGee making significant plays either on offense,defense or special teams. Barrett Jones is our center of the future (and that future is now) and Rok Watkins would still be there IMO had he not gotten hurt..

I agree, they need to hit HR's on the 2 firsts and also in the 2nd and 3rd, regardless of position. However, I doubt highly they will ever be known as "the buffoons that sqaunder the lottery we recieved from the RGIII trade"

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... so 2 bad picks out of 17 puts Fisher and Snead on the hot seat?? Really?? Really??

I get it.. they WHIFFED big time on both Quick and Pead. Imagine if we had Alshon Jeffrey and Lavonte David along with Jenkins out of that 2nd round??

But I mean Brockers,Jenkins,Zuerlein,Stacy,Austin,McDonald and Ogletree are long term guys. Johnson,Givens,D Rich,McGee making significant plays either on offense,defense or special teams. Barrett Jones is our center of the future (and that future is now) and Rok Watkins would still be there IMO had he not gotten hurt..

I agree, they need to hit HR's on the 2 firsts and also in the 2nd and 3rd, regardless of position. However, I doubt highly they will ever be known as "the buffoons that sqaunder the lottery we recieved from the RGIII trade"

Time will tell KSU. If the Rams don't progress and make the playoffs and eventually the SB with this kind of draft choices from the RG3 trade, then yes they most certainly will be looked upon as failures. Can you imagine what Belicheat would have done with this kind of draft choices? If they fail, absolutely they will be looked upon with contempt----especially by the Rams fan base.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have our opinions. But there is one thing I believe we can all agree on, and that is that this is a "make or break" draft for the Rams. If we don't see some real talent come out of this draft, instead of more of the same like Isaiah Pead Himself and Mike Quick to disappear, history will not be kind. Fisher and Snead will be forever looked upon as the buffoons that squandered the lottery we received from the RG3 trade.
This is akin to saying that we all can agree that Sam Bradford is a great QB!

Boss you act as if the Redskins said okay just name your price for RGIII and the Rams came away with what they did. Sometimes getting there is half the battle and we need to acknowledge the Fisher/Snead team for the process to even GET the booty of picks they hauled in. That alone was quite an accomplishment!

Even then, I'm like ksudodgers here, they've done an outstanding job! Not only with the RGII trade picks but down the line. These guys have turned the roster and have fair well considering the recent past and the Division we reside.

Hindsight is always 20/20, so sure they passed on some players who will end up having great NFL careers however so did a lot of other teams too, it goes with the territory.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't comment on Sam because if you don't have anything good to say about a person then you shouldn't say anything....I'm just hoping for a winning season this year but... I'm pretty darn sure the Rams will have a new QB in two years.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait wait wait, when did winning the Superbowl become a must for us to win the RG3 trade?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it is why a Mettenberger would make the most sense say in the fifth or sixth round. Put him on the practice squad for two years, get his knee healed up, and when the business with Sammy is complete by 2014-2015, you have a young QB who is waiting to take over with two years of seasoning under his belt with the added bonus at a substantial savings in bucks!!

Wow...I like the idea, but he's not going to last until the 5th or 6th round....his knee would have to be held together with duct tape for that to happen...he's not getting drafted for his legs, I think 3rd round and if he looks decent by the combine maybe mid to late 2nd.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else worried that Bradford will play well enough this season ( since he's playing for an extension ), gets that extension, and then reverts to injury prone/mediocre Bradford afterwards?

It's the Mark Sanchize syndrome. Play just well enough to provide the illusion you are on the doorstep to greatness, get the team to sign you to a contract extension, and then you show who you were all along while collecting ridiculous jack and leaving your team in a terrible position.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else worried that Bradford will play well enough this season ( since he's playing for an extension ), gets that extension, and then reverts to injury prone/mediocre Bradford afterwards?

It's the Mark Sanchize syndrome. Play just well enough to provide the illusion you are on the doorstep to greatness, get the team to sign you to a contract extension, and then you show who you were all along while collecting ridiculous jack and leaving your team in a terrible position.

except Sanchez didn't play well enough for an extension he just got handed one for being a qb...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except Sanchez didn't play well enough for an extension he just got handed one for being a qb...
true they gave him an extension when they signed Tebow just to say sorry about that it seemed like.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idk Bradford was playing pretty good till he got hurt. he would have got that extension for sure if he kept playing like that the whole year. and you really can't control injuries.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope! He improved tremendously last year prior to his freak injury.

I am concerned about the injury bug however, freak incident or not, the injury bug just seems to plague some guys.

Oh and this factor too should be a concern for those in awe of Clowney.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait wait wait, when did winning the Superbowl become a must for us to win the RG3 trade?

What exactly do you think we're building here Red? Are we aiming for mediocrity? Or just a playoff birth? Other franchises have built SB winning teams with far less than what the Rams received because of that trade. I think some Ram fans have grown so sick of losing that they think that just having a winning record will be an achievement to be satisfied with. Personally I'm not interested in being just a "good" team. Not interested in being a pretender. If the Rams can't parlay these picks into a SB win within the next 3-4 years than I would consider it Fisher and Snead's tenure a failure. What constitutes a failure to you?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did he do in the 49er and Cowboy games? Sorry, but I cant get this out of my head.

I am concerned about the injury bug however, freak incident or not, the injury bug just seems to plague some guys.

Not only that, but the syndrome as well(deer in the headlights). I call it the Mark Bulger syndrome. Question being, does Sam have this?? When he gets pressured he appears timid (no killer instinct), holds onto the ball too long and just looks one direction. He goes 3 and out, then he runs to sideline and grabs his clipboard. ho hum.....

I just hope he doesn't go to a division rival. Bradford already is pressured enough.

I am a firm believer that every guy deserves a fair chance no matter what team he plays for. Clowney hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. Fact of the matter is he will be chosen high for a reason. He is "the best player on the board" period. Whether our defensive minded coaches think this, still remains to be seen. This could be an advantage for us in case of a trade. or.. By adding him to our defense would only open the eyes of our division rivals. Kapernik and R.Wilson wont have anywhere to run to.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hasn't that been the story for Bradford his whole career ALR? He flashes just enough potential, has those few moments that he shines, puts up good stats (garbage time) that people just constantly make excuses for him. Must be great to say, "I'm Sam Bradford!" and people say "Oh you're just so wonderful!" But your offensive line stinks, your WRs are lousy, your running game isn't what is should be, your OC position is a revolving door, etc." One of the things that fuels my dislike for Bradford is the constant excuses I hear for him. Most of us are held accountable for the job we do, but this guy seems to have more "get out of jail free" cards than a monopoly factory. Just don't understand it. I must be missing something.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did he do in the 49er and Cowboy games? Sorry, but I cant get this out of my head.
Oh that 49er game where we rushed for 18 yards and zero TD's with two fumbles, one lost? Well he passed for more yards than Kaep (200+ & 1 TD) and he had 1 of his 4 int's last year in that one.

And that Cowboys game where he found his offense down 17pts with 10 minutes left in the first half? Let's see, how's about 240y and 1 TD, oh and in this one we had almost double the rushing yards then we had in the San Fran game with a whopping 35 yards and a lost fumble!

Now you can say I'm just using stats here however you picked the games zeke. I don't care who you are if you average rushing, over these two games, a mere 26.5 yards, no TD's and 1 fumble lost while giving up 164 yards (Not to the opponent rather just to the leading rushers!) withn 2 TD's, ya just might want to look elsewhere than to the QB.

Especially since he was the leading passer listed in both games.

Not only that, but the syndrome as well(deer in the headlights). I call it the Mark Bulger syndrome. Question being, does Sam have this?? When he gets pressured he appears timid (no killer instinct), holds onto the ball too long and just looks one direction. He goes 3 and out, then he runs to sideline and grabs his clipboard. ho hum.....
Syndrome :lol: Okay, call it what you will however I do agree the guy has been hit more than his share and it's got to play a role in his game. But that is a systemic attribute of the team he plays on IMO who failed miserably at rushing the football early this year when he was playing and the defense gave up huge leads creating a one dimensional offense which allowed defenses to pin their ears and attack! Do you disagree with any of this? :noidea:

As far as killer instinct goes, he can vastly improve in this area, however he made great strides last year in his red zone efficiency, wouldn't you agree? :noidea:

To me this is a very huge part of a QB's killer instinct! I think a lot of the 3 and outs came from a team with no running game to speak of and no true No. 1 wide out or a WR corp with an ounce of tenure...

I just hope he doesn't go to a division rival. Bradford already is pressured enough.

I am a firm believer that every guy deserves a fair chance no matter what team he plays for. Clowney hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet. Fact of the matter is he will be chosen high for a reason. He is "the best player on the board" period. Whether our defensive minded coaches think this, still remains to be seen. This could be an advantage for us in case of a trade. or.. By adding him to our defense would only open the eyes of our division rivals. Kapernik and R.Wilson wont have anywhere to run to.
Hell last year he wasn't the best player in CFB, nor the best defensive player in CFB, nor the best player in the SEC..... two other dudes in the SEC beat him out!

That said, I won't begrudge his selection one bit, even if he ends up short of expectations, should the Rams draft him with the No. 2 pick but that's just me...

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no.............no more Bradford arguments........

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't that been the story for Bradford his whole career ALR? He flashes just enough potential, has those few moments that he shines, puts up good stats (garbage time) that people just constantly make excuses for him. Must be great to say, "I'm Sam Bradford!" and people say "Oh you're just so wonderful!" But your offensive line stinks, your WRs are lousy, your running game isn't what is should be, your OC position is a revolving door, etc." One of the things that fuels my dislike for Bradford is the constant excuses I hear for him. Most of us are held accountable for the job we do, but this guy seems to have more "get out of jail free" cards than a monopoly factory. Just don't understand it. I must be missing something.
You sound all jelly like Boss!

You have a point there Boss!!!
What point is that retro?

Do tell, mister on the fence-ster!

Are you jelly too? :noidea:

:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no.............no more Bradford arguments........
:yahoo:

It's okay jaco!

I'd like to make $$bank$$ and have a divided fan base too! :suds:

PS... See my sig. line below \/ \/ \/

Last edited by a moderator: