• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Gone

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on the ticker on ESPN, Rams will not pick up Sam Bradford's contract? Wow, what ya think.:omg::nod:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Rotoworld as of this morning.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Rams have "absolutely no intention" of extending Sam Bradford's contract.
The Rams stated in September that they were willing to extend Bradford's deal. The former No. 1 overall pick has two years and $27 million left on his rookie deal, which includes no more guaranteed money. He's scheduled to count a whopping $17.6 million against the cap in 2014. The Rams could clear $10.42 million by releasing him. St. Louis is already up against the cap and has many holes to fill. Coach Jeff Fisher has stated numerous times that Bradford will be back for at least another season, and those that cover the Rams consider it an extreme long shot that the team uses the No. 2 overall pick on a quarterback. Coming back from a torn ACL, it's put up or shut up time for Bradford

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a GOD. Now get rid of Bradford, and bring in someone who can throw more than 5 yards at a time.

Bradford is a BUST. Live and Learn. Aint the first time RAMS top pick has been a bust won't be the Last, just get a quality QB who isn't afraid to chuck it downfield.

I hope this is true and the Sam Bradford experiment is done in St. Louis.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get 'Bradford is gone' from the headline. I got 'its put up or shut up this year' for Bradford. Of course Bradford has shown no signs of deserving an extension.

The problem is that the Rams this year are in the exact same spot as the Bucs were last year with Freeman. Now this year, the Bucs are on the outside looking in when it comes to top QB prospects.

All I know is that whenever someone picks apart Teddy Bridgewater and the worst possible scenarios with him, it sounds like they are talking about Sam Bradford. So worst case scenario, the Rams get a younger Sam Bradford at #2.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love this. From what I have read, the offense sees Sam as a leader. If their leader is on a make or break season that is only as successful as his counterparts then maybe this will light a fire under everyone. I for one still believe in Sam and hope for a great season in 2014! Looking forward to this draft..

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw on the ticker on ESPN, Rams will not pick up Sam Bradford's contract? Wow, what ya think.:omg::nod:

Haven't seen anything on NFL network, NFL.com, ESPN.com, or any other respectable news outlet. Plus picking up his contract means what? They're not gonna offer him an extension right now? Ok sooo?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is true...........WE JUST SAVED A BOAT LOAD OF $$
but I'll believe it when I see it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure i get it? of course they aren't giving him an extension.. he just blew out his knee. they have to make sure he can play again after rehab. he is still under contract nothing has changed.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure i get it? of course they aren't giving him an extension.. he just blew out his knee. they have to make sure he can play again after rehab. he is still under contract nothing has changed.

We wont cut him, we will east $7,190,000 in dead $$ in 2014 and $5,095,000 in 2015, on the other hand, if we did cut him we would gain $10,420,000 towards the salary cap. but we would need a qb.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont cut him, we will east $7,190,000 in dead $$ in 2014 and $5,095,000 in 2015, on the other hand, if we did cut him we would gain $10,420,000 towards the salary cap. but we would need a qb.

we should of put an injury clause in his contract much like Jake Long has. :L

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys, I thought you were all smarter than this. This story simply means that they are not talking extension with Bradford RIGHT NOW!! He is not going ANYWHERE before the end of the 2014 season, PERIOD, END OF STATEMENT. His cap number is such that 2014 will be a make or break season for him. If he succeeds, THEN they will talk about an extension which would include reducing his cap number in 2015 so they can go after more of what they feel they need at that time (aka extending ROBERT QUINN) If he does not succeed, he will most likely be let go at the end of the 2014 season. That is option A and option B. Personally, I like option A myself.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look at this logically - is he supposed to be healthy by training camps? If Bradford isn't project to be healthy by late July, he is in trouble, imo. I can see keeping Clemens on the roster to help develop a rookie but I can't see him remaining on the roster as an insurance policy for Bradford. The active roster next year at QB should either be:

1) Bradford and Rookie
or
2) Rookie and Clemens.

There is no point in having Clemens in Bradford's ear at this point. Bradford is a veteran at this stage

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I'm hoping. I'm hoping that Sam is leader and stepped up when the Rams came to him and told him they were not going to be able to sign many free agents with his contract - so they decided not to pick him up right now and maybe re-negoiate? Maybe Sam understands he's already made a boat load of cash and won't mind taking a cut?

Either way, I am glad the Rams have drawn a line in the sand. But I am more for Sam + QB/draft pick = competition, than a rookie given the reigns again.

My guess is he may not be ready by training camp and both parties have agreed to work out a different deal.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much rather see Bradford recover fully from the knee and then invariably revert to what he's been since we drafted him. There is then the possibility that we can trade him to some dysfunctional franchise like Cleveland or Oakland and get something for him, even if it's only a 2nd rounder. I sincerely hope he comes back and the light goes on and he resembles the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, but common sense and past performance would suggest otherwise.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much rather see Bradford recover fully from the knee and then invariably revert to what he's been since we drafted him. There is then the possibility that we can trade him to some dysfunctional franchise like Cleveland or Oakland and get something for him, even if it's only a 2nd rounder. I sincerely hope he comes back and the light goes on and he resembles the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, but common sense and past performance would suggest otherwise.
To get a 2nd rounder, he'd have to turn into Alex Smith and we'd have to draft someone as capable as a Kaepernick to actually get rid of him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it is why a Mettenberger would make the most sense say in the fifth or sixth round. Put him on the practice squad for two years, get his knee healed up, and when the business with Sammy is complete by 2014-2015, you have a young QB who is waiting to take over with two years of seasoning under his belt with the added bonus at a substantial savings in bucks!!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason it would be logical to extend Bradford is to re disperse a portion of the cap hit over those new years by turning a large part of his salary into a signing bonus. All this is saying is they won't extend him to alleviate the cap hit in the short term.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason La Canfora was the guy who originally broke this by saying "With $27M owed to him over the next two years, the Rams have absolutely no intention of extending QB Sam Bradford—contrary to a midseason NFL report—but must decide if they still want him around since he's already received all of his guaranteed money."

Later in the evening he said "A source says the Rams are open to an extension for QB Sam Bradford, who is due $27M over the next two years. A longer deal would still be a surprise to many, because adding guaranteed money beyond the current deal would make it cumbersome for the team to part with Bradford."

Basically we have learned nothing from all of this.