• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford Gone

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher was on Mike and Mike this morning and was very emphatic about saying "extension or not, Sam is our QB for 2014. We discuss extension with all of our players every year. His was an easy conversation as he is coming off an inury. If he performs up to his ability and expectation, we will look at it again after next season."

This goes to my point that 2014 will be a make or break season for Bradford. If he does well, he will get an extension (which will probably be done as to have reduce his cap hit in 2015). If he does not do well, he will most likely be let go as a cap casualty after the season. For right now, Sam is not going anywhere right now.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is that Bradford will do very well in 2014 (same type of numbers he was putting up in 2013 prior to the injury) and the Rams will extend him while finding a way to make things more team friendly.
However, next year's draft will be QB heavy again with Mariota,Hundley and Winston plus a few others so if he even looks like he does not have it, he will be gone.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw on ESPN during my lunck break that Fisher said Bradford will be his QB in 2014.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That it is why a Mettenberger would make the most sense say in the fifth or sixth round. Put him on the practice squad for two years, get his knee healed up, and when the business with Sammy is complete by 2014-2015, you have a young QB who is waiting to take over with two years of seasoning under his belt with the added bonus at a substantial savings in bucks!!

I doubt Mettenberger would survive two years on the practice squad; someone would poach him. I prefer the healthy Garappolo right now personally.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, Shopson, if he is signed to the practice squad, a team cannot come in and just swipe him. The Rams have to release him as he would be under a contract, albeit a small one that all players of the practice squad are under. The only way a team can claim a practice squad player is he has to be released by the presiding team.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason La Canfora was the guy who originally broke this by saying "With $27M owed to him over the next two years, the Rams have absolutely no intention of extending QB Sam Bradford—contrary to a midseason NFL report—but must decide if they still want him around since he's already received all of his guaranteed money."

Later in the evening he said "A source says the Rams are open to an extension for QB Sam Bradford, who is due $27M over the next two years. A longer deal would still be a surprise to many, because adding guaranteed money beyond the current deal would make it cumbersome for the team to part with Bradford."

Basically we have learned nothing from all of this.

On the contrary. We learned that Jason La Canfora is a horse's ass. I think I also heard that Fisher and Bradford are visiting one of these states that has now legalized gay marriage......I just don't understand Fisher's steadfast infatuation with Bradford. I hope he realizes that he's tying his future career with the Rams to this kitten. If Bradford fails again this year, Fisher just looks like a fool. No way to spin it otherwise.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ss:

must be a slow news day

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss are you stirring the pot again. lol Bradford should have already been gone. Thats just my opinion. Worth nothing. I don't think we can lay the Bradford experiment at Fishers feet because he can only work with what he has. Bradford will be back. It would be very hard for any organization to admit too such a huge mistake. So they will play it till they are forced to make a move. My hope is there is some plan to take prudent steps now to have someone waiting in the wings. Our current backups are not the answer.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you back among the living again Ozark ol' buddy. Haven't seen or heard from you in awhile. Was beginning to get worried.

Yeah, you know I like to stir things up a bit. Don't want it to become to complacent you know. But you also know I stand by what I post......The longer we cling to the Bradford experiment, the longer it's going to take us to recover from it. I wouldn't even mind seeing reverse psychology work here....proclaim something and fate makes you look like a fool. I don't mind being the fool if it means Bradford finally lives up to his hype and the Rams benefit from it. But in my heart of hearts I just feel like he's a bum and always going to be a bum. Sorry, politically correct or not, that's how I see it. And a lot of people smarter than I am share the same opinion.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been traveling alot the past two months. In and out of airports in some pretty nasty weather. But I am always around lurking in the shadows. lol

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Bradford fan, but for now, at least, he's our QB and I hope he has an "elite" QB year next season and leads this team deep into the playoffs, if not the SB.

Ultimately I still believe the Rams need a different QB to truly contend.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off...

Thank You Jason!

This story helps the Rams levy value for the No. 2 pick in the upcoming draft!

Open your eyes y'all!

We get to play both sides of the fence here.

Look what others are saying about La Canfora's Monday report...

The Bradford conundrum is the main reason the Rams are such an unknown variable in the 2014 draft. They could use the No. 2 overall pick on a quarterback, receiver, offensive tackle or Jadeveon Clowney, plus are in prime position to trade down should they decide to stick it out with Bradford.
Sam Bradford deal: St. Louis Rams QB may get contract extension | Audibles - SI.com
Not even the insiders know what the Rams want to do with their quarterback.
Do the St. Louis Rams want to extend Sam Bradford's contract or not? - Turf Show Times
Expect Fisher/Snead to work this angle for all it's worth! :suds:

If this is all smoke and mirrors for he sake of smoke and mirror, it's shrewd, very shrewd!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone here hates Sam Bradford. Everyone here, no doupt, wants him to do well. He is still young and has all of the intangibles to lead this offense. I believe if we rebuild our interior o-line we can develop a POWER RUN GAME. This will help/protect Sam. If we cut ties with him now, it would just create another HUGE hole. BUT...........

.....IMO... I believe that there has gotta be some sort of way that his contract can be rewritten to reduce his CAP # to help this team. Contracts can be rewritten/reworked. If they could some how do this, we would be able to sign some FA's.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off...

Thank You Jason!

This story helps the Rams levy value for the No. 2 pick in the upcoming draft!

Open your eyes y'all!

We get to play both sides of the fence here.

Look what others are saying about La Canfora's Monday report...

Expect Fisher/Snead to work this angle for all it's worth! :suds:

If this is all smoke and mirrors for he sake of smoke and mirror, it's shrewd, very shrewd!

That is an interesting perspective Vitamike. But if the Rams were truly interested in a QB, then other teams would believe they would also be unwilling to trade out of the position anyway. And if other teams did throw something out there anyway, and the Rams did entertain offers from other teams, they're bluff would quickly fall apart anyway. They would actually hurt their leverage then because other teams would then know that they were desperate to trade out of the spot.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an interesting perspective Vitamike. But if the Rams were truly interested in a QB, then other teams would believe they would also be unwilling to trade out of the position anyway. And if other teams did throw something out there anyway, and the Rams did entertain offers from other teams, they're bluff would quickly fall apart anyway. They would actually hurt their leverage then because other teams would then know that they were desperate to trade out of the spot.
Here's is the thought process...

Because the Rams wont redo Sam's contract and this is a make or break season, the Rams will surely draft a QB in the 2014 draft because they will need some form of insurance for the 2015 year if Sam doesn't get resigned by the Rams by years end. As Junkie states, starting a rookie is never your No. 1 option so getting that rookie this year and having him hold a clip board will provide the Rams an alternate plan for 2015 that serves the team well. Now just where they plan on getting this QB in the 2014 draft is anybody's guess. Hell, maybe if we don't get a very good bite for a trade down we just draft Johnny Football or Clowney depending on who we get the strongest offer from (Cleveland/Jacksonville or Atlanta) :noidea:

Either way I don't think our position ever reveals desperation. And hey, who knows, once the Rams actually draft a Manziel or Clowney (Neither would hurt us in the big picture) We still could trade our selection and maybe get a better offer then? :noidea:

It's a hell of a situation and the Rams hold all the cards, I just hope they make the best choices. They did a pretty fine job with the RGIII deal! :suds:

I think they will be crafty once again.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, I think it is pretty clear that Snead/Fisher will draft a QB as a backup/fire lighter for #8. He will start game #1 unless he is not 100% recovered from the knee injury, but reports are stating he will be ready. 2014 is a big year, not just for Bradford, but the Rams as a whole. If Bradford succeeds, my gut says the Rams win BIG and he will be extended and have the 2015 season cap number reworked. If Bradford falters, then they let him go in the early part of 2015 and go with the QB they draft this year (Garappolo,McCarron,Brett Smith,Logan Thomas).
This could be a gold mine draft for the Rams, even more than the RGIII draft. Not only is #2 in play, but imo #13 will be in play to trade down as Dallas, Baltimore or the Jets will want to trade up to get a DT, CB and WR respectively. With those possible deals, we would be no lower than #18 would still be in play for Calvin Pryor, who seems to still be rated behind Dix but who I think will be a better pro.
All in all, this is gonna be fun. To all the guys on the board in St Louis, SJ and I are trying to put together a draft viewing party for the first round..if you are interested let us know

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK here's the plan we draft Johnny football and then tell everyone to kiss our, well you know.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's is the thought process...

Because the Rams wont redo Sam's contract and this is a make or break season, the Rams will surely draft a QB in the 2014 draft because they will need some form of insurance for the 2015 year if Sam doesn't get resigned by the Rams by years end. As Junkie states, starting a rookie is never your No. 1 option so getting that rookie this year and having him hold a clip board will provide the Rams an alternate plan for 2015 that serves the team well. Now just where they plan on getting this QB in the 2014 draft is anybody's guess. Hell, maybe if we don't get a very good bite for a trade down we just draft Johnny Football or Clowney depending on who we get the strongest offer from (Cleveland/Jacksonville or Atlanta) :noidea:

Either way I don't think our position ever reveals desperation. And hey, who knows, once the Rams actually draft a Manziel or Clowney (Neither would hurt us in the big picture) We still could trade our selection and maybe get a better offer then? :noidea:

It's a hell of a situation and the Rams hold all the cards, I just hope they make the best choices. They did a pretty fine job with the RGIII deal! :suds:

I think they will be crafty once again.

We all have our opinions. But there is one thing I believe we can all agree on, and that is that this is a "make or break" draft for the Rams. If we don't see some real talent come out of this draft, instead of more of the same like Isaiah Pead Himself and Mike Quick to disappear, history will not be kind. Fisher and Snead will be forever looked upon as the buffoons that squandered the lottery we received from the RG3 trade.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have our opinions. But there is one thing I believe we can all agree on, and that is that this is a "make or break" draft for the Rams. If we don't see some real talent come out of this draft, instead of more of the same like Isaiah Pead Himself and Mike Quick to disappear, history will not be kind. Fisher and Snead will be forever looked upon as the buffoons that squandered the lottery we received from the RG3 trade.
I believe its a pivotal draft yes pivotal not "make or break", pivotal. Yes nice word pivotal.