• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boys post game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one of the truest of all statements "Rivera the coach has to prove Rivera the GM right.." This team has got worse and it is a damn shame that they now have weapons but can't use them because they look like a New Orleans levee trying to hold back rising water. BSJ and Jackson are both RR guys though.

Jamin is improving, I agree.

The D probably played better than the offense the last two weeks. Good game plans against the run but week in the back. Of course there is little pressure/help from the DLine.

Also true what was the reason for trading two picks for a QB when you have a line that does not allow them to use the entire playbook.
I have no idea what they were thinking. When making pre season predictions I always said we could win 9 or 10 "if the guards hold up." Well they didn't. Norwell and Turner have been "don't belong on the field bad."

I was talking with my brother and we both talked about how BSJ was a Ron guy too. Someone posted earlier that Bruce left Ron with a lot of money, but he squandered it.

That is somewhat true. I think we are about 10m under the cap. If they don't trade for Wentz they are 40m under the cap.

If the season really turns ugly, it's an easy decision. You take the 28m and fix the line and draft Young, Stroud, Levis, or Richardson.

What if Chase and Robinson come back, Ron has his annual October/November run and we are sitting at 8-9/9-8? What do we do with Wentz at that point?

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its always something with this team. Last year they had no weapons and a weak armed qb. This year they have weapons, a strong armed qb, but no oline.

On defense last year they couldnt stop the run and couldnt stop the pass. Guys were freelancing. This year they shore up one thing and another two things rear their ugly heads. Shore up the run defense but the secondary gets called for penalties. Ahore up the pass defense but you cant stop the run.

Meanwhile on team after team, the coaching ataff changes and the team makes improvement. Bengals in the superbowl in year three. Giants 3-1 with less talent in year one of Daboll. Jeta looking better than the Commanders with no qb and less talent.

Rivera and JDR clearly have to go. Does it really matter if they do without new ownership? Snyder has to go. A new GM needs to be hired. That person needs to invest in the correct infrastructure to make meaningful changes. The team needs new facilities, medical staff, training staff, etc. They need innovation.

Since they’ll do none of that, the team is destined to suck.

Simple as that.
Since we last went to a SB, the Eagles have been with McNabb, a whole different team with that Wentz year, and now maybe a third team under Hurts. They have built three different SB contending teams in the last 20 years. It's not that hard.

I hate to give up on Ron week 4 but it does seem we are moving backwards.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we last went to a SB, the Eagles have been with McNabb, a whole different team with that Wentz year, and now maybe a third team under Hurts. They have built three different SB contending teams in the last 20 years. It's not that hard.

Let me ask you, what has Rivera done over the past 3 years to maintain confidence and demonstrate that he has the organization going in the right direction?

Not sure you or anyone is giving up on him. He has done nothing to steady the ship so to speak and the future is even more bleak with him running the front office now.

I posted the article showing that we had over 60 million in cap when Rivera took over. At some point, the team needs to admit the mistake.
In other words, I think the fans and front office would rather endure yet another losing season with no results instead of admit to the mistake to begin with. It is called pride.

Skinsfan21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its always something with this team. Last year they had no weapons and a weak armed qb. This year they have weapons, a strong armed qb, but no oline.

On defense last year they couldnt stop the run and couldnt stop the pass. Guys were freelancing. This year they shore up one thing and another two things rear their ugly heads. Shore up the run defense but the secondary gets called for penalties. Ahore up the pass defense but you cant stop the run.

Meanwhile on team after team, the coaching ataff changes and the team makes improvement. Bengals in the superbowl in year three. Giants 3-1 with less talent in year one of Daboll. Jeta looking better than the Commanders with no qb and less talent.

Rivera and JDR clearly have to go. Does it really matter if they do without new ownership? Snyder has to go. A new GM needs to be hired. That person needs to invest in the correct infrastructure to make meaningful changes. The team needs new facilities, medical staff, training staff, etc. They need innovation.

Since they’ll do none of that, the team is destined to suck.

Simple as that.
This is fact. I was one of snyders staunchest supporters. I guess I saw him as the last link to my redskins. But I’d trade him for a pack of bubbalicious and some used toothpicks if that meant we’d get back to winning.

This is ridiculous. Time to start all the way over in my opinion.

Ps deep down I still would like to see snyder figure it out. I just know now that it will never happen under his ownership

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They’re not moving forwards, that’s for sure.
I think the constant signing of Carolina players should have been a clue. On that team, however, they had a great defense, two good rbs, steve smith, a great TE, and a mountain of a qb in Cam Newton in his prime - a dual threat with a great arm who could make all the throws.

Has any of the former carolina players signed to the team been actually good?

The free agent signees should be benched or outright released, flowers should be signed, as should any lb that can cover. And that’s just to signal to the fanbase that you mean business.

This team got torched by two teams who started rebuilding AFTER Rivera was hired. That’s all ownership should need to fire his fucking ass.

Of course, that cant happen if ownership is answering congressional subpoenas, or pimping out cheerleaders.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not moving forwards, that’s for sure.
I think the constant signing of Carolina players should have been a clue. On that team, however, they had a great defense, two good rbs, steve smith, a great TE, and a mountain of a qb in Cam Newton in his prime - a dual threat with a great arm who could make all the throws.

Has any of the former carolina players signed to the team been actually good?

The free agent signees should be benched or outright released, flowers should be signed, as should any lb that can cover. And that’s just to signal to the fanbase that you mean business.

This team got torched by two teams who started rebuilding AFTER Rivera was hired. That’s all ownership should need to fire his fucking ass.

Of course, that cant happen if ownership is answering congressional subpoenas, or pimping out cheerleaders.
Bingo....

The confusion and poor play is exactly what Snyder wants as it keeps the focus off of him. Notice how the Gruden leak came in the midst of the accusations. The season isn't over and the Commanders will win games. Wentz will have a few "All Pro" games and the fans will come out of the woods and claim Rivera is the guy and Wentz is the long-awaited savior they have prayed for. Heck, attendance might even improve for a few weeks.

Then reality will set in and they will finish the season 7-9 or 8-9. Snyder will then give Rivera another year and we will see more crappy free agent signings and confusing draft picks.

Rivera's entire game plan of nepotism has been a disaster. He brought most of the same coaches that got him canned in CAR, and then started bringing in the CAR free agents.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you, what has Rivera done over the past 3 years to maintain confidence and demonstrate that he has the organization going in the right direction?

Not sure you or anyone is giving up on him. He has done nothing to steady the ship so to speak and the future is even more bleak with him running the front office now.

I posted the article showing that we had over 60 million in cap when Rivera took over. At some point, the team needs to admit the mistake.
In other words, I think the fans and front office would rather endure yet another losing season with no results instead of admit to the mistake to begin with. It is called pride.
I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. I'm just not sure who was willing to take this job. Dan has a minority coach who beat cancer and is universally respected. He needs that right now more than anything.

I am in no way saying Ron got.or has this job because he's a minority, but right now that is Dan's mo. Female RB coach, African American GM Native/Hispanic coach, supposedly gonna add male cheerleaders, and an African American team President. Right now the co-owner is a female.

Dan is in the business of trying to hold on to this team right now.

He's not gonna fire Ron.

Its not that I love Ron, it's just that I know he's not going anywhere, so I might as well be glass half full. I will criticize him when needed, as I have. I'm just not gonna sit up here and scream pointlessly into the wind that he needs to be fired after every loss.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this @duke1861, if Dan wasn't dealing with all his BS, I would hope he would be scouting coaches and GMs. He hired Shanahan mid season while Zorn was still coaching.

That said, do you trust Dan to pick a solid coach and GM? Do you think Dan can even get a solid coach and GM?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty embarrassing that we can't beat the Cowboys without Dak.
Man you need to snap the fuck outta it. The only embarrassing shit on that field today was the Skins offense. The OL is a shit show, but Wince is a shit stain himself. He's moved directly into sacks in every game this year. Every fuckin game.
His accuracy is crap n his decision making not much better. He twice double-clutched on completions to open WRs...for what? So defensive players could get closer to making a tackle! WTF! What could've n really should've been a bigger play was that 3rd dn completion to Dotson. All he had to do was get the ball to Dotson where he's able to keep his fest after the catch. Instead of having to go down to scoop up a dying flyball before it hits the ground like a charging outfielder. At least that waz a change from most of his other inaccurate throws all of which seem to be high n outside.

People keep saying he can make all the throws. I'd settle for him just making the easy throws when players are open. He holds the damn ball too long and he's become the best 1st half defense against Terry Mac any opposing team needs to employ.

What's really embarrassing is that the Skins should be 0-4 right now. If not for an overthrown pass n a dropped pass both of which should've been TDs for Jax.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be 0-4.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this @duke1861, if Dan wasn't dealing with all his BS, I would hope he would be scouting coaches and GMs. He hired Shanahan mid season while Zorn was still coaching.

That said, do you trust Dan to pick a solid coach and GM? Do you think Dan can even get a solid coach and GM?
I agree with what you are saying in your previous post and it makes sense. We have to think of:

The business side
The football side

You are correct in that Rivera is the "North Star" Snyder points to when questioned on the team culture and recent history. Rivera was supposed to be a Wyatt Earp figure and clean up the place. I am sure he has done that to a certain extent; however, several marketing and team celebratory events were botched from the get go. Was that on Wright or Rivera? The bottom line is that Snyder points to Rivera when he is accused of misconduct and fostering a culture of abuse. Why would Snyder fire his hand-picked golden boy when Congress and the national sports media is all over him? Chances are, he probably won't.

Rivera symbolizes change, equality, and a new chapter in Snyder's pathetic tenure of owning the team. Snyder is more worried about the business side than the football side. I have beat to death the football side so no need to revisit at this point.

To your question...I don't know brother! What I do know is that enough is enough. The fans need to stop going to support this team and maybe...just maybe that is a call to action for Snyder. AT this time, I see Snyder living with several losing seasons as long as he has Rivera in place and can continue to play the Rivera card when he is called out. I fully believe there is more to the Snyder story and more will come out as witnesses come forward.

For the football side, at some point, Snyder will HAVE to come to the conclusion that he MUST hire a GM. He has resisted it, he has run from it, and now he must turn to it. Will it happen, to Sportster's point, probably NOT. However, it is the ONLY chance this team has at making a significant change on the football side.

Maybe, Snyder or Tonya has a moment of clarity and maybe they pick the right person to hire as a GM.
Maybe, that person actually accepts the job.
Maybe, that GM picks the right person to be the head coach.

Or, they go with the HC and GM duo like the Rams and Chiefs have. That might be a solid place to start. As you can see, there are a lot of maybes here. What do you think?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying in your previous post and it makes sense. We have to think of:

The business side
The football side

You are correct in that Rivera is the "North Star" Snyder points to when questioned on the team culture and recent history. Rivera was supposed to be a Wyatt Earp figure and clean up the place. I am sure he has done that to a certain extent; however, several marketing and team celebratory events were botched from the get go. Was that on Wright or Rivera? The bottom line is that Snyder points to Rivera when he is accused of misconduct and fostering a culture of abuse. Why would Snyder fire his hand-picked golden boy when Congress and the national sports media is all over him? Chances are, he probably won't.

Rivera symbolizes change, equality, and a new chapter in Snyder's pathetic tenure of owning the team. Snyder is more worried about the business side than the football side. I have beat to death the football side so no need to revisit at this point.

To your question...I don't know brother! What I do know is that enough is enough. The fans need to stop going to support this team and maybe...just maybe that is a call to action for Snyder. AT this time, I see Snyder living with several losing seasons as long as he has Rivera in place and can continue to play the Rivera card when he is called out. I fully believe there is more to the Snyder story and more will come out as witnesses come forward.

For the football side, at some point, Snyder will HAVE to come to the conclusion that he MUST hire a GM. He has resisted it, he has run from it, and now he must turn to it. Will it happen, to Sportster's point, probably NOT. However, it is the ONLY chance this team has at making a significant change on the football side.

Maybe, Snyder or Tonya has a moment of clarity and maybe they pick the right person to hire as a GM.
Maybe, that person actually accepts the job.
Maybe, that GM picks the right person to be the head coach.

Or, they go with the HC and GM duo like the Rams and Chiefs have. That might be a solid place to start. As you can see, there are a lot of maybes here. What do you think?
I follow a Skins fan channel on YouTube. It's a really good listen. The guy that runs it made the point that maybe Ron's job is done here. He came here and did what he needed to do. Change the culture. Guys like Sua and Guice aren't being drafted anymore. Guys like Allen and McLaurin are re-signing.

Maybe Ron says my work is done and passes the baton to a young innovative HC next year, but Ron doesn't strike me as a quitter.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penalties and whack a mole. Defense played well enough to win. Wence and Oline are dog shit.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow a Skins fan channel on YouTube. It's a really good listen. The guy that runs it made the point that maybe Ron's job is done here. He came here and did what he needed to do. Change the culture. Guys like Sua and Guice aren't being drafted anymore. Guys like Allen and McLaurin are re-signing.

Maybe Ron says my work is done and passes the baton to a young innovative HC next year, but Ron doesn't strike me as a quitter.
Good point. Maybe he is bridge coach?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get Larsen and Robinson back this week. Eleven days from now be 3-3. Then Chase comes back. Yeah, that's all I got for. Lol

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is his work done here though? I would think that his work would be truly “done here” if he started resigning current players to below market contracts just to stay here, instead of jumping ship as soon as possible.

He lost Scherff, and couldn’t convinve Trent Williams to stay. Its true he got Allen to sign, and TM, but he let Ionnidis go for jo good reason.

At the very least, he should be relieved of his GM duties, in addition to fucking firing JDR.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his work done here though? I would think that his work would be truly “done here” if he started resigning current players to below market contracts just to stay here, instead of jumping ship as soon as possible.

He lost Scherff, and couldn’t convinve Trent Williams to stay. Its true he got Allen to sign, and TM, but he let Ionnidis go for jo good reason.

At the very least, he should be relieved of his GM duties, in addition to fucking firing JDR.
Oh, I would love a real GM in here. Someone who's not gonna sign every ex-Panther he can find. I thought Kyle should have got promoted but he pissed off Dan.

I was a little upset that Ron didn't vouch for Kyle. With Gibbs' backing I think Ron had the power to keep Kyle.

Ron wanted to run the show, bring in his guys and he had every right to do that. He hit on Dotson, BSJ, but he's had some big misses.

It's his roster now and he's gotta own it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what they were thinking. When making pre season predictions I always said we could win 9 or 10 "if the guards hold up." Well they didn't. Norwell and Turner have been "don't belong on the field bad."

I was talking with my brother and we both talked about how BSJ was a Ron guy too. Someone posted earlier that Bruce left Ron with a lot of money, but he squandered it.

That is somewhat true. I think we are about 10m under the cap. If they don't trade for Wentz they are 40m under the cap.

If the season really turns ugly, it's an easy decision. You take the 28m and fix the line and draft Young, Stroud, Levis, or Richardson.

What if Chase and Robinson come back, Ron has his annual October/November run and we are sitting at 8-9/9-8? What do we do with Wentz at that point?
The guards were always the "if" question .... and the D. The defense has played the run well the past two weeks but not so much for the pass defense. I would rather have kept Scherff but understood $17 mill is a lot for a guard. No clue why they let Flowers go. Remember how Baldy talked him and his physicality up last year?

Bruce didn't spend everything in the bank and of course that is why Cousins left.

That cap space went to Samuel (good move), Jackson (not so good), Wentz I am holding judgement, Allen (good move) and Terry (good move)

When Ron signed his first ex-Panther or two I thought "okay maybe he knows they can." It quickly became clear he was bringing in people that helped him get fired the first time. Where is that outstanding line coach now? Asking for a friend.

Wentz has 13 weeks to show whether they should keep him or not. I don't blame him for today. He wasn't great but he was getting hurried on three step drops. If RR was decimate the line so you have to dink and dunk then why trade for Wentz? Heinicke can do that.

duke my friend .... you can't marry a girl and expect her to become the woman you want her to be instead of who she is. :D You are a big fan of history, stats etc. ..... what does Snyder's 23+ year history tell you he is going to be? I don't think Andy Reid would work here .... figuratively or for real. Most of what you say is valid ..... after the Shanahan debacle I lost faith, after Cousins walked I have been hanging by a thread. Back to the marriage scenario ... being a Redskin fan for 58 years it is hard not to root for them but I don't sweat it anymore. There is Kirk, Kyle, Sean and Jacksonville has very nice uniforms.

I'll hope that they owners this year but don't expect it. If it doesn't happen it will be business as usual.