• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosh or Love?

Better Player?

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they think Bosh is soft?
It can go either way, but can’t be assumed as either.
Do we need a poll on how many here think Bosh is soft and how many think Love is?

TT, potato salad and other almost have the same number of votes as Love. While funny, kind of tells you maybe this vote can't be taken too seriously or at least isn't anything scientific.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Maybe they're twins who were separated at birth? lol
All seriousness, if you compare time before and with Lebron they really are so similar in that both put up tremendous numbers before Lebron then took back seats to be the #3 on Finals' teams.

I think Love hears it far more but both have been called soft by some, which is absurd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need a poll on how many here think Bosh is soft and how many think Love is?

TT, potato salad and other almost have the same number of votes as Love. While funny, kind of tells you maybe this vote can't be taken too seriously or at least isn't anything scientific.

Neither are soft.

I don't think there are too many soft players in this league but if I had to pick a couple examples I would probably go with some shooters that literally play not much defense...

Kyle Korver - one of the best shooters ever. Like I said, not too many NBA players are soft and I have seen Korver work his ass of as hard as anyone on defense, he just isn't a good defender. But being soft really isn't his fault, he goal is to run around screens, get open and shoot. That's it.

Matt Bonner - for some of the same reasons, although not even close to Korver's abilities.

Andrea Bargnani

I mean there are probably different definition of soft but there are also "soft" post players as well. Maybe like Kwame Brown, it's not bc he was a bum it's bc maybe if he a little tougher he could have lasted in the league longer with more success imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither are soft.

I don't think there are too many soft players in this league but if I had to pick a couple examples I would probably go with some shooters that literally play not much defense...

Kyle Korver - one of the best shooters ever. Like I said, not too many NBA players are soft and I have seen Korver work his ass of as hard as anyone on defense, he just isn't a good defender. But being soft really isn't his fault, he goal is to run around screens, get open and shoot. That's it.

Matt Bonner - for some of the same reasons, although not even close to Korver's abilities.

Andrea Bargnani

I mean there are probably different definition of soft but there are also "soft" post players as well. Maybe like Kwame Brown, it's not bc he was a bum it's bc maybe if he a little tougher he could have lasted in the league longer with more success imo.
I don't think he is but guess a case could be made for Lopez. While I don't see too many of his games a 7 footer who rebounds as little as he does?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with Shane.

I don’t think it is fair to call either player soft. But neither player is really “hard” either.

The thing is, I get why people don’t like Draymond Green. His antics are obnoxious.

But the dude grew up in a Saginaw Michigan and he is as tough as they come. Just because he is obnoxious and loud and has a quick temper does not make him “fake tough”. A guy like Draymond Green literally would not survive growing up in Saginaw if he could not back up his antics.

So the assertion that Love is undervalued because he does not get Ts is ridiculous. Draymond’s behavior hurts his value. His toughness and his fierce competitive drive make him the player that he is. If Draymond provided all the leadership and the same high level play without the drama and the Ts he would be even more valuable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Shane.

I don’t think it is fair to call either player soft. But neither player is really “hard” either.

The thing is, I get why people don’t like Draymond Green. His antics are obnoxious.

But the dude grew up in a Saginaw Michigan and he is as tough as they come. Just because he is obnoxious and loud and has a quick temper does not make him “fake tough”. A guy like Draymond Green literally would not survive growing up in Saginaw if he could not back up his antics.

So the assertion that Love is undervalued because he does not get Ts is ridiculous. Draymond’s behavior hurts his value. His toughness and his fierce competitive drive make him the player that he is. If Draymond provided all the leadership and the same high level play without the drama and the Ts he would be even more valuable.
He'd be more valuable to a team but not Joe Fan.

Seems you agree it's silly to call Love soft (or Bosh) but some in this poll do, in fact, think he's soft which should take away their credibility.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be more valuable to a team but not Joe Fan.

Seems you agree it's silly to call Love soft (or Bosh) but some in this poll do, in fact, think he's soft which should take away their credibility.

I disagree.

A lot of people dislike Draymond Green. Most fans that dislike players tend to have trouble ranking them objectively. His antics do not enhance his value in the eyes of the average fan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

A lot of people dislike Draymond Green. Most fans that dislike players tend to have trouble ranking them objectively. His antics do not enhance his value in the eyes of the average fan.
Not so sure...I think some fans think more highly of Green because of the antics. I believe if Love played the same as far as skill but with Green's antics (and vice versa) Love would have a better reputation with fans.

The idea anyone would call him soft is absurd.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure...I think some fans think more highly of Green because of the antics. I believe if Love played the same as far as skill but with Green's antics (and vice versa) Love would have a better reputation with fans.

The idea anyone would call him soft is absurd.

Did anyone here, before you , call him soft, or say he was perceived as soft?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Reminds me of how you rank cavs players...

This is how 2k ranks players before you go spouting off

And every year, these ratings are held up to scrutiny—sometimes by the fans and critics, but most often by the players themselves. Emotions run high. (see this board)

But the process of rating these players is not some backstage popularity contest, where the developers assign final ratings based on their gut instinct. It is a scientific process intended to eliminate as much bias as possible.

Bosh 84 Love ranking 87...

Experts>Your opinion

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And every year, these ratings are held up to scrutiny—sometimes by the fans and critics, but most often by the players themselves. Emotions run high. (see this board)

But the process of rating these players is not some backstage popularity contest, where the developers assign final ratings based on their gut instinct. It is a scientific process intended to eliminate as much bias as possible.

Experts>Your opinion

So now NBA 2K rankings are the ultimate source to determine who the better player is?

GTFO.

And no.

I have always been realistic with Cav rankings.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now NBA 2K rankings are the ultimate source to determine who the better player is?

GTFO.

And no.

I have always been realistic with Cav rankings.

So first stats, and then an unbiased set of professionals...Let me guess you took your views from the "unbiased" poll to prove your point lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pretty much settles. Let's see how the haters spin this unbiased ranking.

You were right in the begging of this topic, as was I

My view is agreed with by the professionals who wanted to limit bias, but according to tlance it was some radical view lol

Both were decent 3rd options but Love was slightly better...Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So first stats, and then an unbiased set of professionals...Let me guess you took your views from the "unbiased" poll to prove your point lol

It is a video game ranking.

Does not mean a damn thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Experts>Your opinion

Agree in principal, but players change every year and probably criteria.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Shane.

Not to mention Dray was coached by Tom Izzo. Pretty sure that’s going to be a mental beatdown as he’s probably the “toughest” coach in the entire game world wide currently.

I don’t like Drays antics either and guys like Rodman would have him running around on the court like a turrets short bus driver but the dude ain’t “fake tough”.

Although now he’s in NoCal not Saginaw lol