• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosh or Love?

Better Player?

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biased by whom?
Or cause he’s white?

Look at who voted.
Most don’t even post here.
do you really believe the narrative on Love would be no different if he were a fake toughguy who was Td up on a regular basis?

To help you in advance I did not call Bosh a fake toughguy?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you really believe the narrative on Love would be no different if he were a fake toughguy who was Td up on a regular basis?

To help you in advance I did not call Bosh a fake toughguy?

Do a poll between Love/Draymond and find out?

As far as this poll, you are claiming color, toughness perception is influencing votes?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do a poll between Love/Draymond and find out?

As far as this poll, you are claiming color, toughness perception is influencing votes?
Not about Draymond vs. Love. Just asking if the narrative on Love would be different.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not about Draymond vs. Love. Just asking if the narrative on Love would be different.

I cant speak for others, but to me, no.

I think perception of Love/Bosh is similar.
I dont think votes are based on anything but people judging their talent.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting question. Love has always been pretty quiet and when I think of players who complain a lot, he doesn't exactly come to mind.

Some seem to consider him "soft". But, do they consider him soft because he's quiet? Or is there some other reason?

He'd definitely get more attention if he were one to get T'd up alot.

On the other hand, I don't remember Bosh being a big complainer or T'd up a lot either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant speak for others, but to me, no.

I think perception of Love/Bosh is similar.
I dont think votes are based on anything but people judging their talent.
Ok, but so far no one has found anyone unbiased outside this forum who has concurred.......Admittedly, tough to do based on a yearly ranking because of when they played in their careers. But based on their stats does seem like only area Bosh has the edge is defense and FG % (mitigated by the number of 3s Love takes) and even can only be so-called eye test as actual stats don't really support this.

Can't say I've followed it closely, but guessing there is almost zero chance he ever plays again? Too bad as I genuinely do like the guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question. Love has always been pretty quiet and when I think of players who complain a lot, he doesn't exactly come to mind.

Some seem to consider him "soft". But, do they consider him soft because he's quiet? Or is there some other reason?

On the other hand, I don't remember Bosh being a big complainer or T'd up a lot either.
How I see it.....I don't think Bosh is a complainer, either, but other than a couple here I didn't often hear of Bosh being called soft (and don't think he is)...at least not on the level some accuse Love, which to me is silly. Hard to grab 10-15 rebounds/game in the NBA when you are soft.

Is he looking to fight or scream at refs? No. Not sure the specific reason some think he's soft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think people might consider him soft bc of two reasons: he isn't the best defender and bc he is quiet possibly. I don't think he is anywhere close to soft, when he wants to post up he can and get physical. I think bc he can shoot from outside and does it quite often people just assume he doesn't want to play on the block like a "tough" big man but that is just not true. In that case, Bosh is "soft" bc the last couple years in Miami he would settle for jumpshots instead of playing on the block and he wasn't soft either.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but so far no one has found anyone unbiased outside this forum who has concurred.......Admittedly, tough to do based on a yearly ranking because of when they played in their careers. But based on their stats does seem like only area Bosh has the edge is defense and FG % (mitigated by the number of 3s Love takes) and even can only be so-called eye test as actual stats don't really support this.

Can't say I've followed it closely, but guessing there is almost zero chance he ever plays again? Too bad as I genuinely do like the guy.

No NBA team would have ever cleared him.
One hit and he could have died on the court.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people might consider him soft bc of two reasons: he isn't the best defender and bc he is quiet possibly. I don't think he is anywhere close to soft, when he wants to post up he can and get physical. I think bc he can shoot from outside and does it quite often people just assume he doesn't want to play on the block like a "tough" big man but that is just not true. In that case, Bosh is "soft" bc the last couple years in Miami he would settle for jumpshots instead of playing on the block and he wasn't soft either.

Makes a lot of sense and this is probably as good an explanation as any.

Never understood the "soft" thing with Love. Maybe his injury history is part of it too?

I also think that his inside play gets forgotten about because he's so good from the perimeter and he spent most of his time with Lebron playing from the perimeter. In Minny, he was one of the better post up players in the league.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was my point.
For this poll, people wouldnt figure in personality perception.
They are the same.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside this forum, is still just people opinions. They hold no more or less weight.

East/West, whatever.
How many players ever make 11 straight all star games?
That stat would separate him from most.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes a lot of sense and this is probably as good an explanation as any.

Never understood the "soft" thing with Love. Maybe his injury history is part of it too?

I also think that his inside play gets forgotten about because he's so good from the perimeter and he spent most of his time with Lebron playing from the perimeter. In Minny, he was one of the better post up players in the league.

You make a great point, injuries have to do with a lot of the reason as well.

I mean I have heard a ton of people call Gronk "soft" or a brittle bitch bc he was injured a lot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do think Love is soft they wouldn't factor it in their decision? Seriously?

What if they think Bosh is soft?
It can go either way, but can’t be assumed as either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside this forum, is still just people opinions. They hold no more or less weight.

East/West, whatever.
How many players ever make 11 straight all star games?
That stat would separate him from most.
11 straight impressive, no doubt, but 2 things in his favor. Not just being in the weaker East, but playing for a top team (which helps in all star selection).

That has helped guys like Korver and Mo Williams, too. Probably Love at least once.