• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bosh or Love?

Better Player?

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Do you have any calculations?

Is the dribbling attribute really that big for guys like Bosh and Love?

Lmao this is hilarious that anyone would even think these evaluations make another player better. At least now we know who the video game gurus are.

And I love video games btw just no time to play.
Never play so only going by what I've heard. I think it's more about dribbling obviously. would think ability to block, play D and shoot comes into play as well. Not hard to make one guy be able to hit 3s at a decent rate and not another guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“These are people who are paid to rate the players. “

—but we don’t know how they do it or who they are.

:lol:

I would love to know how they rate players. I used to love making my own player on madden. Hell let’s look at how many recent NFL players are satisfied with their own Madden rankings.

Too many grey areas to take a video game’s rating as fact.
Would be interesting....but have to think not tough to make Curry a much better 3 point shooter than other players for instance.

Then again, I haven't really played regularly since I had a colecovision.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where you are coming from but basing a players “rating” on so many variables is pretty stupid.

If you weigh all those individual rankings all the same you are saying each player is based off a robot.

Truth is a players strength or IQ or shooting or quickness/speed are a lot more important than some of the other rankings. Love dribbling > Bosh dribbling :wank:

But even if you wanted to act like those rankings were set in stone and all correct, It’s still closer than shit so this whole entire thread really is silly.

The defending of your stance on Love is silly. Both players are dam close to each other so lets move on to another silly thread.

I said all along they are basically the same players. Strengths in one area vs weakness in others, but i gave the slight edge to Love which was backed up by player ratings and a bunch of different stats.

Tlance is the one who came barging in here all hot and heavy about this view point, trying to explain why Bosh was soooo much better than Love. This was a false view, and an embarrassing one at that. Lets just leave it at that...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting....but have to think not tough to make Curry a much better 3 point shooter than other players for instance.

Then again, I haven't really played regularly since I had a colecovision.

Im not reading all the way back, so hopefully this isn’t repetitive, but..
( And just not directed to you).

1. Has to be same year to make it fair comparison. No?

2. How does the game rank a player who is known mostly for D like a Patrick Beverly?

@bksballer89 @ChiefsLakers67

3. Of course it isnt what settles anything, but I think everyone agrees that they try to make the rankings as realistic as they can. Like anything else, some players over achieve, some under.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

This is one of the problems of the nba fan today. Thinks the game of basketball can be compared to a video game.

Who said that?
What does that have to do with the game trying to be accurate with their talent evaluation?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. How does the game rank a player who is known mostly for D like a Patrick Beverly?

3. Of course it isnt what settles anything, but I think everyone agrees that they try to make the rankings as realistic as they can. Like anything else, some players over achieve, some under.
Good questions and really not sure. Maybe someone who plays or looked into it would know better. I would think they look at entire careers up to that point, maybe with an emphasis on most recent seasons?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

honestly there's no outright stat for D. It's pretty much the gamer's skill...

reaction time, lateral quickness, and speed help, though...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly there's no outright stat for D. It's pretty much the gamer's skill...

reaction time, lateral quickness, and speed help, though...

There you go.

I think that pretty much explains the difference.

Because I think everyone would agree that Love is the more skilled player when it comes to the offensive side of the ball and rebounding.

But Bosh is closer to Love offensively than Love is to Bosh defensively.

Which is why Bosh is winning this vote 24-10 and why Love would be ranked higher in 2K by “experts”.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need a poll on how many here think Bosh is soft and how many think Love is?

TT, potato salad and other almost have the same number of votes as Love. While funny, kind of tells you maybe this vote can't be taken too seriously or at least isn't anything scientific.
500 × 272

LOL you want science here