• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boredom Cure ( non football)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOukckENBY

Round 9 ... Ali gets dropped by a body shot ..... ( he gets up and wins the fight in the last round)

If Tyson gets that shot Ali doesn't get up

BTW after the Foreman fight ... Tyson did an interview ( watch the Ali Parkinson interview (1974) on you tube..... He said foreman was the dumbest fighter ever.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
greatest career ever ... Ali hands down ....

Tyson PRE- Robin Givens my money would go on Tyson.
He was never the same after he hooked up with that bitch

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread to cure boredom!
I'm going to add my 2 cents, best puncher ever is George Foreman IMO,
go to you tube and watch him knock out tough guys like Frazier and Ken Norton, really amazing. To bad he wasn't all that good of a boxer.
Best heavy weight boxer has to be Ali. I didn't start out as a fan of his, but you got to give the devil his due, he knew how to box like no other. Even at a old age he was showing young guys he still could show them a thing or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agMuy63-50

1:34 of the video and 4:46

Last edited by a moderator:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson vs Ali who wins?
Both at their best

Me ... one of my favorites was Smoking Joe

Joe beat Ali .....

Tyson was alot like Joe .... but way better

I'd take Tyson to win

At their prime, Tyson would take Ali. I think Tyson's strength and quickness would overwhelm anyone, the guy was an absolute beast.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a great fight

IMO the heavy weight version of Sugar Ray vs marvelous marvin hagler ( and I still think Hagler won that fight)

matter of fact not shit on tv I think imma watch that one now.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
greatest career ever ... Ali hands down ....

Tyson PRE- Robin Givens my money would go on Tyson.
He was never the same after he hooked up with that bitch

And... once he hooked up with Don King.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And... once he hooked up with Don King.

King has killed everyones career
Ali Holmes Tyson Holyfield just off the top of my head

But when Tyson hooked up with Robin Givens he was never the same
She ripped him apart on Barbara Walters? Then took him for everything he had money wise
and the only thing that bitch is known for is a sit com and milking Tyson dry ( before it was repeated by Don King)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one "WAS" Tyson and no one ever will be. It was the anger and the pain that he brought into the ring with him that made him so devastating. He actually wanted to kill the guy he was fighting and tried. Grown men that were used to fighting professional boxers were terrified to stand in front of him and many fought in fear with the goal of just to not get hurt. One thing to remember when talking about "in their prime". Tyson's prime was very, very early in his career. The guy that fought every few months was an absolute killing machine. The guy that had the belt, the stardom and most importantly the money was not the same guy. To bring that guy nto the discussion is not pertinent. The thing that will always hurt Tyson's legacy was the quality of his opponents.

None of us has any clue what the answer is to who would win. Heck if Ali and Frazier never fought you could have the same argument for years on end, but they did fight and they BOTH won.

But.....he never beat ANYBODY. As great as he may have been, he never beat a great fighter

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I think this is very significant. I googled the 10 greatest heavy weights ever and saw lists from Boxing magazines, SI, and others and here what I found in the 5 different lists;

1. Every single one had Ali as the greatest heavy weight ever.
2. Tyson was 10th greatest ever in one and left off the other four completely.

I'm not a boxing insider but when even the top boxing mags don't even list Tyson in their top 10 that's proof enough for me.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I think this is very significant. I googled the 10 greatest heavy weights ever and saw lists from Boxing magazines, SI, and others and here what I found in the 5 different lists;

1. Every single one had Ali as the greatest heavy weight ever.
2. Tyson was 10th greatest ever in one and left off the other four completely.

I'm not a boxing insider but when even the top boxing mags don't even list Tyson in their top 10 that's proof enough for me.

I disagree on the significance of this point.
No one is saying Tyson was a better heavyweight

In fact when you look at Tyson career as a whole he is lucky to be considered in the top 10.
question was one fight with them both at the top of their game. What your pointing out would be a whole different question. So I don't see the significance at all to the question at hand.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But.....he never beat ANYBODY. As great as he may have been, he never beat a great fighter

He didnt have a time machine to go back and fight someone did he?

That's like saying take a Superbowl title away from a team if they end up facing a wild card ream. Because they didn't play against the best team ....... not their fault.

Any given Sunday came from the saying A punchers Chance

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their careers actually arent much different

Ali won gold
Tyson won gold
Ali became the youngest champion
Tyson later became the youngest champion ever

Both lost 3 years of their career in their prime. Tyson went to prison. Ali stayed out on aappeal but wasn't allowed to box

Both lost the final 2 fights of their careers

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fact when you look at Tyson career as a whole he is lucky to be considered in the top 10.
question was one fight with them both at the top of their game. What your pointing out would be a whole different question. So I don't see the significance at all to the question at hand.

Correct. The debate isn't who had the better career, which is what that list shows. I think everyone has given that to Ali hands down in this thread

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not following you. If everyone is listing Ali as the greatest fighter and Tyson not even in the top 10 how does that lead to Tyson beating Ali?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not following you. If everyone is listing Ali as the greatest fighter and Tyson not even in the top 10 how does that lead to Tyson beating Ali?

Actually I did too ( career wise)
Then the topic got me sparked .... got to watching the old fights ... and checking into it.

And here is what I found out. Ali would never give Foreman a rematch.

Then I watched the Norton fights ...

1) Foreman didn't knock Norton out with a jab ....
2) Norton actually won all 3 of their fights
Broke jaw in the first one....
2nd one everyone had Norton winning ... but Ali had a final round rally to get the decision .... but well dispured in the boxing world
3rd fight .... everyone thought Norton won except the judges ..... and the boos and shit throw in the ring was so bad over the bad decision Ali retired ( for the 1st time)
( Each of the fights I'm talking about are on you tube)

Other than Norton Ali only fought a washed up Frazior .. ( who Forman had knocked out a second time) and unranked guys after the Foreman fight

Atleast Tyson never dodged guys to keep his title...... (I never knew Ali did either until now)

So other than Frazior Foreman and Norton ..... Ali never fought anyone either.
Liston was a cheat ... and their second fight it's a well known fact Liston took a dive
and Floyd Patterson was washed up ( same as everyone is saying about Tyson vs Holmes)

Really not a difference in their careers ..... Ali was just liked more
Not even much difference in their records

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I did too ( career wise)
Then the topic got me sparked .... got to watching the old fights ... and checking into it.

And here is what I found out. Ali would never give Foreman a rematch.

Then I watched the Norton fights ...

1) Foreman didn't knock Norton out with a jab ....
2) Norton actually won all 3 of their fights
Broke jaw in the first one....
2nd one everyone had Norton winning ... but Ali had a final round rally to get the decision .... but well dispured in the boxing world
3rd fight .... everyone thought Norton won except the judges ..... and the boos and shit throw in the ring was so bad over the bad decision Ali retired ( for the 1st time)
( Each of the fights I'm talking about are on you tube)

Other than Norton Ali only fought a washed up Frazior .. ( who Forman had knocked out a second time) and unranked guys after the Foreman fight

Atleast Tyson never dodged guys to keep his title...... (I never knew Ali did either until now)

So other than Frazior Foreman and Norton ..... Ali never fought anyone either.
Liston was a cheat ... and their second fight it's a well known fact Liston took a dive
and Floyd Patterson was washed up ( same as everyone is saying about Tyson vs Holmes)

Really not a difference in their careers ..... Ali was just liked more
Not even much difference in their records

the world according to twist.........maybe you will convert someone.
I remain fine with my opinions on all this.

Lord knows we can use some football

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the world according to twist.........maybe you will convert someone.
I remain fine with my opinions on all this.

Lord knows we can use some football

To each their own .... as said ... any of it can be looked up or watched on you tube.

On a side note I saw where you said your dad would have disagreed (referring to a comment about Marciano)
My dad still thinks Marciano was the greatest ever

Found this interview ..... thought you might like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaw2QFC1Qg

Ali had more respect for Rocky than anyone

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own .... as said ... any of it can be looked up or watched on you tube.

On a side note I saw where you said your dad would have disagreed (referring to a comment about Marciano)
My dad still thinks Marciano was the greatest ever

Found this interview ..... thought you might like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDaw2QFC1Qg

Ali had more respect for Rocky than anyone

My old man was hard. Rocky was hard.....perfect match
We would go at it in the day about these two and needless to say...Dad being an action guy in WW2, did not care for Ali. LOL, matter of fact, never once said Ali, Clay was as nice as it got for him

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old man was hard. Rocky was hard.....perfect match
We would go at it in the day about these two and needless to say...Dad being an action guy in WW2, did not care for Ali. LOL, matter of fact, never once said Ali, Clay was as nice as it got for him

LOL yeah military family we all served .... Ali wasn't a liked name in my house growing up

Did think it was a pretty humble interview though ... Ali would throw it at anyone ... but not marciano

different eras for all .. Rocky had his era Ali had his ... and Mike had his

Just fun to wonder