• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boredom Cure ( non football)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

but think Tyson was as well

Which makes it a great debate.

Dont think many remember Ali at the end of his career ..... which was just as sad if not more so that Tyson at the end of his

I remember Holmes begging the ref to stop the fight because he was scared he was gonna kill Ali ..... Thats as sad of an end to a career as it gets

that's a shame you focus on his end.
Ali remains the greatest to me.
I think it's a better discussion with Marciano.
Like the movie they did in the 70's, but that's just me.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well those aren't fair comparisons.
Ali washed up against Holmes & then Holmes washed up against Tyson.
Of course that makes Tyson look better. LOL

you're right ...

point was ... most remember Ali at his best

ALOT remember Tyson at his worst

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's a shame you focus on his end.
Ali remains the greatest to me.
I think it's a better discussion with Marciano.
Like the movie they did in the 70's, but that's just me.

I don't think Marciano would want any of Ali. With them both in their prime.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....My Dad would differ with you.

I honestly didn't watch Marciano fight, but I was heavy into boxing history & stuff when I was in high school & saw some documentaries on Rocky. He was the perfect guy to root for. A slugger with heart, but I think Ali would out skill him nullifying that power.

Also they noted his management did a good job at protecting him picking his fights. A lot of the big names he has on his notches were late in those guys great careers.

So while I love his record being something for the greats to shoot for, & I love watching his fighting style. I don't think he was as good as some of the greats that had losses.

Ali I seen a lot of his fights. Tyson I seen all of his. He grew up on ESPN back in the day. Well maybe not all, but I remember watching him go 4-0. So maybe I missed three of his fights.

Marciano all I seen is tapes of his fights. So there could be things I am not or cannot diagnose, but from what I seen or heard. Ali would outclass him in skill. While Ali could be ko'd, it isn't so easy to do. Think Marciano was a product of good timing when he came up through the sport. (for his perfect record that is)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...NO SHIT !!

that's just twist....grinding a topic that's subjective as hell

No

That is me CREATING a topic

as the topic says .... "to cure boredom"

grinding a topic????

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that is a tough call. Tyson at his prime was stronger and a bit quicker then Frazier (and that is saying a lot) It's hard not to think that at some point Ali would get tagged. But Ali's reach, jab and ring movement were supreme. Not to mention how clever he was. Ali would know to stay away from him in the early rounds, let him tire.

You have to remember that Ali beat George Foreman. Tyson's power was nothing compared to Foreman's. Think about having your legs where your arms are, that is how big George is.

If they fought 3 times like Ali Frazier ...I doubt one would win all 3, and I know that is a bit of a chicken shit answer but it's true.

And for the record I am not a fan of Ali. I hated how Ali treated Frazier. You could write a book on how much a piece of shit Ali was to Frazier. And by all accounts Frazier could not be a nicer guy.

Frazier is the true nice guys finish last. But he will always have one of the sweetest punches ever ..and right on the jaw of the biggest mouth in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Marciano against those two and giving up like 50lbs...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember that Ali beat George Foreman. Tyson's power was nothing compared to Foreman's. .

Foreman didnt have shit on Tyson power wise

You might wanna rethink that

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman didnt have shit on Tyson power wise

You might wanna rethink that

There is nothing to rethink, Foreman would routinely hurt people with his jab. And that that is something Tyson and most fighters could only dream of doing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right ...

point was ... most remember Ali at his best

ALOT remember Tyson at his worst

L don't think that's the case at all. I think most remember Tyson bull rushing and beating the shit out of his opponents. Yes the bite is a big part of his legacy but it's not the primary memory.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but there's 3 boxers I'd take over Ali.

Tyson is one of them.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L don't think that's the case at all. I think most remember Tyson bull rushing and beating the shit out of his opponents. Yes the bite is a big part of his legacy but it's not the primary memory.

not me

I can remember Tyson almost on his knees ducking punches .... something that had never been seen before

Under Gus He was a machine

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Tyson was disciplined, hard to find a flaw.
He had speed power & movement, before his trainers death, he was looking pretty unstoppable.
ropadope wouldn't work on the good Tyson.

Mike Tyson is my favorite boxer of all times. That said Ropadope would absolutely work on Tyson. Mike Tyson showed signs early when a boxer could stick with him for several rounds he could be frustrated. Ali is the most intelligent boxer to ever enter the ring (Mayweather maybe 2nd love him are hate him). After 3 rounds Ali would have out witted Tyson and sealed his fate. Ali would have employed a similar strategy that Holyfield used. in a 12 round fight Ali wins 10 rounds to 2.

Ali was youse to beating physical freaks....Sonny Liston was the mike Tyson of his era Ali (Clay) embarrassed him.:suds:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of Tyson's biggest weapons was intimidation. He had that intense bulldog approach that would scare his opponents before he ever threw a punch. Ali would not have been intimidated and would have dispersed of Tyson within 5-6 rounds, if that.

:agree: 100% see Liston, Formen, and Norton, and yes Frazier. Gone on that list alone Ali also had better quality opponents which means he's better prepared to handle a Mike Tyson due to his ring experience. Ali would have talked Tyson out of his ability to fight and made him a straight brawler. Bad news for Tyson.

I Love Tyson but who's his greatest opponent he defeated in his prime. His best victory was a washed up Spinks the more I think of it Ali would have wiped the floor with Tyson.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: 100% see Liston, Formen, and Norton, and yes Frazier. Gone on that list alone Ali also had better quality opponents which means he's better prepared to handle a Mike Tyson due to his ring experience. Ali would have talked Tyson out of his ability to fight and made him a straight brawler. Bad news for Tyson.

I Love Tyson but who's his greatest opponent he defeated in his prime. His best victory was a washed up Spinks the more I think of it Ali would have wiped the floor with Tyson.

He knocked out every champion ... to become undisputed :noidea:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate will be as compelling as Pac vs Biggie are Nintendo vs Sega lol we all have our own bias opinions that blur the lines, but as I compare their resumes it's no contest.