• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Prediction

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less a bold prediction and more a desperate hope, but roll me for a minute...

Dallas has some cap space left. We say we are happy with our Safeties, but we know the secondary can use a home run hitter. Seattle has just about no cap space left after the big deals they just handed out. Kam Chancellor is holding out because he wants more than the $4.55M he is due this year and still has two years after this on his contract. They just let McDaniel go because they needed cap room.

So I wonder if we were to offer a pick, even as high as a 2nd next year for Kam, if they would take it? He'd look pretty good roaming the secondary out there at AT&T Stadium.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less a bold prediction and more a desperate hope, but roll me for a minute...

Dallas has some cap space left. We say we are happy with our Safeties, but we know the secondary can use a home run hitter. Seattle has just about no cap space left after the big deals they just handed out. Kam Chancellor is holding out because he wants more than the $4.55M he is due this year and still has two years after this on his contract. They just let McDaniel go because they needed cap room.

So I wonder if we were to offer a pick, even as high as a 2nd next year for Kam, if they would take it? He'd look pretty good roaming the secondary out there at AT&T Stadium.

Tough one. We sure could use a safety and he is a darn good one that makes us much better, but something about giving a full value contract to a non-QB AND a valuable pick I'm not for. It's why I said no team was going to give us what some people were suggesting we ask for in a trade for Dez before he signed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one. We sure could use a safety and he is a darn good one that makes us much better, but something about giving a full value contract to a non-QB AND a valuable pick I'm not for. It's why I said no team was going to give us what some people were suggesting we ask for in a trade for Dez before he signed.

Yeah, a 2nd may be too much. I'm not sure it would take that high of a pick if they can't get him in camp and can't afford to extend him. he is basically owed 4.5, 5, and 7 million over the course of his contract. I'd take someone of his skill for that amount, and bump it a million a year. We would have to knwo what price he was looking for.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wouldn't trade Chancellor, they are fully invested in making another Super Bowl run. Seems more like a pipe dream than anything. Kam will get his money from Seattle, probably next year, but he will get it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but he did call it a "desperate hope"

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox is struggling in coverage from everything I have read. Broaddus even wrote that Jones or White could play his spot. If that's the case - does Wilcox or Church play The other spot

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox is struggling in coverage from everything I have read. Broaddus even wrote that Jones or White could play his spot. If that's the case - does Wilcox or Church play The other spot

I don't get too into what is written in the first week of camp, but Wilcox is going to struggle in coverage and so is Church. It's just not what they are best at. I've felt since almost day 1 that Wilcox looks more SS than FS to me. I don't think that is a bad thing or an insult because I think he can be a good player. If he improves his angles and makes less mental mistakes he will have a very good year IMO. Guy is still learning the position so expecting further improvement seems reasonable IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time will tell....competition is always good for team

Absolutely. Look at our secondary. No one is out there acting like they have a starting job sewn up. Even if we have the same starters, with health we have Mo, a first rounder and White added to the mix and fighting for snaps and Patmon is a year more experienced too. Maybe that doesn't sound great, but if you add a pass rush it makes all of our guys better just because they hopefully won't need to cover as long. I am more excited for this years team than I have been for quite some time. I love that they have heart and guts and win the games down the stretch that past teams gave away. I think Murray was a big part of that, but he certainly wasn't the only part...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 6 CBs sound a lot better than the group of Mo, Carr, Scandrick, Moore, Webb, Mitchell. That was last yr at this time. I was always a Moore fan , but damn he was exposed at GB

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wouldn't trade Chancellor, they are fully invested in making another Super Bowl run. Seems more like a pipe dream than anything. Kam will get his money from Seattle, probably next year, but he will get it.

Well if they give him the money they had better win it all this year. That is a lot of long term cap space allotted to just a few players.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time will tell....competition is always good for team

Truth. Are you guys reading what is being said about Leary? Apparently knowing that Collins is breathing down his neck, writers are saying that Leary is looking like a beast out there. Hopefully he doesn't overdo it and hurt himself, but if the "weakest" part of this line can make a marked improvement then this OL just keeps getting better and better. I hate that Green is hurt, or he could be pushing Free as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they give him the money they had better win it all this year. That is a lot of long term cap space allotted to just a few players.

To add to this, SEA's top 10 2015 cap hits total $111M (of 143M cap room). Dallas' top 10 contracts total $69M. Kam is the #10 valued contract for them. I guess they could just do an extension, but he already has a contract through 2017. If he is serious about wanting more money, he is going to have to wait for another year to get it. I don't think they have room for it now. If they trade him they would realize a 2.6M cap savings.

Also, I'm not a cap guy but overthecap lists SEA has having a cap number this year of $164M. Does dead money not count against the cap? Isn't the cap $143M? Their top 51 are listed at $145M.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that Green is hurt, or he could be pushing Free as well.[/QUOTE]

DLaw gave Free the bizness yesterday......

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that Green is hurt, or he could be pushing Free as well.

DLaw gave Free the bizness yesterday......[/QUOTE]

I all fairness, I see DLaw giving just about everyone the business. Maybe not Tyron but just about everyone else.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. Are you guys reading what is being said about Leary? Apparently knowing that Collins is breathing down his neck, writers are saying that Leary is looking like a beast out there. Hopefully he doesn't overdo it and hurt himself, but if the "weakest" part of this line can make a marked improvement then this OL just keeps getting better and better. I hate that Green is hurt, or he could be pushing Free as well.

I think Leary has been so under rated the last couple of years. Yes, he has had some mistakes in protection, but the guy is a very big part of why our OL was so good and a top notch run blocker. Plus he is so young and can be part of this line for years. I felt when they drafted Collins he wouldn't take Leary's job day 1 and I still feel that way. If Collins is the real deal then it's only a matter of time before he is starting (and maybe by week 1), but unless his skill set is really geared only to Guard I put him at RT for the next 10 years if he is that good and say goodbye to Free after this season. Either way it's a good problem to have of course and reinforces how strong our OL is.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leary has been so under rated the last couple of years. Yes, he has had some mistakes in protection, but the guy is a very big part of why our OL was so good and a top notch run blocker. Plus he is so young and can be part of this line for years. I felt when they drafted Collins he wouldn't take Leary's job day 1 and I still feel that way. If Collins is the real deal then it's only a matter of time before he is starting (and maybe by week 1), but unless his skill set is really geared only to Guard I put him at RT for the next 10 years if he is that good and say goodbye to Free after this season. Either way it's a good problem to have of course and reinforces how strong our OL is.

I wish we had Free under contract for one more season, actually. That way we could get Collins some time at RT this season then have him take over next season. I have no idea what his market would be, but if we could turn some of our older depth into picks (even 6th or 7th round picks) then I'd do that. If we have Green + Collins out there at RT depth next year and one year left on Free's contract then we could trade Free during the draft next year. Oh well, that's the best scenario and I'm glad we at least have Free this year so Collins isn't thrown to the wolves. If we can have our entire line as good as they are, as young as they are, and locked up as long as they are...spells good things for the future. I only wish Romo were about 3 years younger and this would be a really good looking team. As is it looks like we will be using that OL in a couple of years to protect a rookie QB.

unless we could swing a trade for someone that has been displaced as a starter, like Mettenberger in TENN. I think that kid has something still.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they drafted Green with the intent that he will be the RT of the future, everything I have read says that the Cowboys think very highly of Green. But hey if Collins fits at RT, like others have said, competition is good.

In regards to Leary, I have also been reading that he has looked good so far this year. I wonder how his knee is holding up? Those degenerative joint conditions are no joke, especially when you weigh 300+ pounds and take a beating every week.