• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bold Prediction

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's kind of amazing that we can get a first round talent and afford to sit him on the bench just because we have such a strong group in front of him. Green is a 3rd rounder and doesn't even get mentioned because of everyone else we have.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they drafted Green with the intent that he will be the RT of the future, everything I have read says that the Cowboys think very highly of Green. But hey if Collins fits at RT, like others have said, competition is good.

In regards to Leary, I have also been reading that he has looked good so far this year. I wonder how his knee is holding up? Those degenerative joint conditions are no joke, especially when you weigh 300+ pounds and take a beating every week.

I didn't think Green practiced at all. I also wonder if we already had Collins if we would have still picked him in that spot.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Green practiced at all. I also wonder if we already had Collins if we would have still picked him in that spot.

Should have clarified...

What I read was from shortly after the draft. Cowboys really like Green's game tape while at Florida. Supposedly the story goes that Dallas was watching tape on the LT at Florida, and during this time is when they really started to notice Green.

They must have really liked him, because the 3rd round was the round most people expected us to go RB. Not like we needed to draft another OL at that spot unless they really liked him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. Are you guys reading what is being said about Leary? Apparently knowing that Collins is breathing down his neck, writers are saying that Leary is looking like a beast out there. Hopefully he doesn't overdo it and hurt himself, but if the "weakest" part of this line can make a marked improvement then this OL just keeps getting better and better. I hate that Green is hurt, or he could be pushing Free as well.
Perhaps it's the competition that has me the most excited about the upcoming season. Was listening to a T Smith radio interview this weekend and all he could talk about was Leary and Free along with how much the oline was a tight group and hung out together.

Best part is they are uncomfortable as a unit about all the praise being thrown their way this offseason. All of um are quick to point to another line guy when compliments are be said to them.

gotta like all that!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have clarified...

What I read was from shortly after the draft. Cowboys really like Green's game tape while at Florida. Supposedly the story goes that Dallas was watching tape on the LT at Florida, and during this time is when they really started to notice Green.

They must have really liked him, because the 3rd round was the round most people expected us to go RB. Not like we needed to draft another OL at that spot unless they really liked him.

Yeah I remember that story, but that's old news once the uni's come on. Heck, has Jerry ever said he didn't love a guy?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember that story, but that's old news once the uni's come on. Heck, has Jerry ever said he didn't love a guy?

It wasn't a Jerry quote, but I know what you mean. I think drafting him in the 3rd, speaks volumes about what the team thinks about him. They said Green was at the top of their board in the 3rd, and there were still some solid RB's available at the time. I really trust this regimes ability to identify quality Olinemen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a Jerry quote, but I know what you mean. I think drafting him in the 3rd, speaks volumes about what the team thinks about him. They said Green was at the top of their board in the 3rd, and there were still some solid RB's available at the time. I really trust this regimes ability to identify quality Olinemen.

Agree, i'm excited to hear about Green also. I just don't know where he fits in this year and where that leaves Weems who seems to be looking pretty good. Crazy to say, but we could be best off if Green hits IR with a "minor" injury year 1...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, i'm excited to hear about Green also. I just don't know where he fits in this year and where that leaves Weems who seems to be looking pretty good. Crazy to say, but we could be best off if Green hits IR with a "minor" injury year 1...

I have read a few sources suggesting that as well. It may be a real possibility. Hip injuries take time to get 100% anyway.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Green is going on IR this year. Something about a hip problem. So let's take this year to get him right, surgery if needed, rehab correctly and work on technique.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's the competition that has me the most excited about the upcoming season. Was listening to a T Smith radio interview this weekend and all he could talk about was Leary and Free along with how much the oline was a tight group and hung out together.

Best part is they are uncomfortable as a unit about all the praise being thrown their way this offseason. All of um are quick to point to another line guy when compliments are be said to them.

gotta like all that!!

Yeah, nothing worse that players reading their own press clippings. TSmith sounds like the most humble down to earth guy, and as the veteran there with Doug, they sets the tone for the rest of the players. Free has seen it all, from working hard and earning a spot to getting paid and complacent, to reality check. So he knows what it takes to stay on top.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Closest I can remember was the draft that he said something along the lines of "we are so deep we are just drafting for ST and backups".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction is Demarcus Lawrence has double digit sacks this season.

Sounds pretty safe. HEaring he is abusing Free. Hopefully that is a good thing and not Free regressing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have any idea who Free's backup will be now that Parnell is gone?

Weems and then no one unless they move out of position. Chaz is hurt or he would be backing him up too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
less a bold prediction and more a desperate hope, but roll me for a minute...

Dallas has some cap space left. We say we are happy with our Safeties, but we know the secondary can use a home run hitter. Seattle has just about no cap space left after the big deals they just handed out. Kam Chancellor is holding out because he wants more than the $4.55M he is due this year and still has two years after this on his contract. They just let McDaniel go because they needed cap room.

So I wonder if we were to offer a pick, even as high as a 2nd next year for Kam, if they would take it? He'd look pretty good roaming the secondary out there at AT&T Stadium.
They are gonna pay Kam. I'd also bet, if Seattle were ever put him up for a trade, the bidding war would drive the price above a 1st rounder. That dude is a game changer

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've blocked that draft out of my memory.
Sounds pretty safe. HEaring he is abusing Free. Hopefully that is a good thing and not Free regressing.

I don't think Free is totally healthy yet, so I wouldn't hold any poor play against him for another few weeks or so.

Weems appears to be the swing as things stand now, but with a major injury to one of our starters or an injury to two of the top 3 Tackles, I wonder if that puts Collins full time in the Tackle mix.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nothing worse that players reading their own press clippings. TSmith sounds like the most humble down to earth guy, and as the veteran there with Doug, they sets the tone for the rest of the players. Free has seen it all, from working hard and earning a spot to getting paid and complacent, to reality check. So he knows what it takes to stay on top.

Why does the "James gang" come to mind every time I think about things like that...