• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bob and trades

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Bob will be dealt soon? I have a hard time believing this will be our roster coming into next season. Love the draft and the trades. That being said we need to resign a few guys and unload some. Carcillo needs to go. Versteeg I go back and forth on this. Same with Carle. I'd like to resign Leino. Don't want Stamkos because of what he would cost for compensation etc. I will feel much more comfortable to add another solid defenseman if available. What are our options without breaking the bank?

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mall...Flyers will stay put defensively...Odonell had a tough second half...but i believe they never intended him to play as much as he did...but due to prongers injuries...he was asked to play 82 games that will not happen this season...he will be the six defenseman and very useful and solid in that roll...his play will improve just for that reason...we have defenseman in the minors ready to step up...to fill in for injuries...as far as stamkos goes my friend if you LUCKY enough to land a 50 goal scorer...YOU FLAT OUT GET IT DONE!!! Cap be fucked...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if Bob will be dealt soon? I have a hard time believing this will be our roster coming into next season. Love the draft and the trades. That being said we need to resign a few guys and unload some. Carcillo needs to go. Versteeg I go back and forth on this. Same with Carle. I'd like to resign Leino. Don't want Stamkos because of what he would cost for compensation etc. I will feel much more comfortable to add another solid defenseman if available. What are our options without breaking the bank?

The top 3 are Kaberle (UFA), Doughty (RFA) and Weber (RFA). But, let's face it, LA "should" lock Drew up before Friday. I'd really like to have Weber, though.

I'd rather keep Bob and let any combo of Steeg/Carle/Carcillo/Shitty go to make it happen. There's no way Bryzy is going to be a #1 guy for the length of his contract, and I'd much rather have Bob waiting than to play the goalie carousel for another 15 years.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would rather have Carle than BOb. BOb will be a backup for at least 3-4 years, barring injury. Carle is a top 4 defenseman right now. I would hate to see Bob go, but not at the cost of our defensive depth.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 3 are Kaberle (UFA), Doughty (RFA) and Weber (RFA). But, let's face it, LA "should" lock Drew up before Friday. I'd really like to have Weber, though.

I'd rather keep Bob and let any combo of Steeg/Carle/Carcillo/Shitty go to make it happen. There's no way Bryzy is going to be a #1 guy for the length of his contract, and I'd much rather have Bob waiting than to play the goalie carousel for another 15 years.

unfortunately they are going to arbitration, so nobody can offer sheet him.. only way the flyers could get him is via trade or if nashville walks away from the arbitrator's decision, which i highly doubt will happen

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is making almost 2 million per year. And he will get a new contract next year. If they have no plans to use him in the next three years, they could sign a back up for half that.
I hope they start the season with him as the backup, and see how Ilya plays. If he is going to get 65 starts or so, then you can always trade him in December.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean he is making 1.75 mil compared to leighton's 1.55 mil. Bob becomes are RFA in 2013/2014 so we have him for a while.

Unless we get a decent offer for him, I don't see any reason for him not to be the backup.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Carle than BOb. BOb will be a backup for at least 3-4 years, barring injury. Carle is a top 4 defenseman right now. I would hate to see Bob go, but not at the cost of our defensive depth.

Not even close. Without Pronger, Carle looked lost most of the time. Prongs carried his ass.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Soul, Carle might not be Pronger, but he is steady. He can play some PP, can play both sides, and takes up minutes against top 3 lines. Yes, he looks much worse when paired with someone other than Pronger, but that is true of most. I would take Carle over OD, Bartulis, Marshall, etc... He may be our 5th d-man, but I would take him as our 5th over BOb as our backup goalie. Not that I want to dump Bob, but you can save money and get something in return for Bob if he isn't going to be a key part of a playoff run. SOlid young defenseman are hard to come by.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Flyers doing anything to change the D at this point, but then again...I didn't think I'd see Richards getting traded any year soon either, so...

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is making 1.75 mil compared to leighton's 1.55 mil. Bob becomes are RFA in 2013/2014 so we have him for a while.

Unless we get a decent offer for him, I don't see any reason for him not to be the backup.

I could see Bob getting traded, Leighton getting waived, and Boucher re-signing for 800K.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT :jaw: IT IS RECON!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still like the idea of having Bob as a safety valve in case of injury. Plus if he gets real good they can always trade Bryz for lots in a year or two. I don't like the idea of having to start an old back up in the playoffs again....

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Mall...Flyers will stay put defensively...Odonell had a tough second half...but i believe they never intended him to play as much as he did...but due to prongers injuries...he was asked to play 82 games that will not happen this season...he will be the six defenseman and very useful and solid in that roll...his play will improve just for that reason...we have defenseman in the minors ready to step up...to fill in for injuries...as far as stamkos goes my friend if you LUCKY enough to land a 50 goal scorer...YOU FLAT OUT GET IT DONE!!! Cap be fucked...

gett'er done

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Philly turd burglars? :L

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Philly turd burglars? :L

haha Actually, there are about 30 "others" who've joined the SportsHoopla but don't hardly ever post here.

I know it says I've recruited 37, but I think the number is something like 55-60. :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice... I think next season this place is gonna sky rocket.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you fuckers better be ready for when I come to Philly. We are planning this. Gonna be a night of drinking and hockey, and bullshitting.