• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big XII

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that a conference can be too big, but I think it hurts the Big XII to not have a ccg

Notre Dame and Bama have proven how worthless CCG's are.....CCG's are really just an extra game to get all conference members an extra mil or 2.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That aint so bad then.

The only thing that is good for CCG is an extra bonus financially for conference members and it declares one conference champ, no co champs. Before Bama and Notre Dame, Ohio State played for the BCS title 3 times without playing in a CCG, USC twice, Nebraska played for the BCS title and didn't even win their conference nor play in the CCG. CCG's really are meaningless when determining who plays for the NC.....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame and Bama have proven how worthless CCG's are.....CCG's are really just an extra game to get all conference members an extra mil or 2.

if not for CCG's, team SEC wouldn't be in the title game :yahoo:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, money always gets the last word no matter what conference it is.

Networks = Money

Figure out when the TV deal comes up and that will tell you when they are going to expand.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU and OSU to the SEC. Let Texas be an independent. I was excited a few years back when OU was planning to join the Pac. Don't need a CCG but do need strong conference to make your case about why you should be in the big dance. Nebraska was a huge loss to the Big XII and it was all over butt hurt from how Texas was treating them. Nebraska was carrying the Big XII North and whoever replaces them will not be able to fill that roll. Unless the pulled in ND which ant gonna happen. Sooners as SEC West member seems like a great fit to me. Let OSU join the East and you have balanced schedule. Now someone call Boren and make it happen!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU and OSU to the SEC. Let Texas be an independent. I was excited a few years back when OU was planning to join the Pac. Don't need a CCG but do need strong conference to make your case about why you should be in the big dance. Nebraska was a huge loss to the Big XII and it was all over butt hurt from how Texas was treating them. Nebraska was carrying the Big XII North and whoever replaces them will not be able to fill that roll. Unless the pulled in ND which ant gonna happen. Sooners as SEC West member seems like a great fit to me. Let OSU join the East and you have balanced schedule. Now someone call Boren and make it happen!
That ship sailed you had the opportunity but the SEC isn't going to take OSU. You guys could have come in with aTM.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather have Colorado State than Colorado.

colorado state is quietly one of the strongest available g5 schools. give them a 20 mill a year income and a BCS slate and they will be on the same level as your typical power school.

-their academics have been on the rise for three straight years (they had the biggest jump in US news this year).

-they have tremendous resources on the same level as most lower tier BCS schools (they are building a new $250 million stadium)

-they are located in a state that has a clearly unsaturated football market. considering that it is a state of 5 mill and produces a slightly above average amount of football recruits.....a 2nd BCS school wouldnt be a problem. (and it doesnt hurt that this is the 4th fastest growing state.)

however:
CSU would be a great add to the p12 and a horrible add to the b12

Colorado States rivalry setup is very unique. They are the undisputed #1 rival of 3 different schools. (colorado, air force, & wyoming). all 3 of those rivalries are considered unbreakable for CSU. If CSU does join the b12 they would have to deal with the headache of 3 OOC rivals each year. CSU is by no means required to play these 3 teams each year, but if they decide not to they will face tremendous blowback from their local fans, politicians and the MWC would be so pissed off that they will probably do a full scheduling embargo on CSU.

like colorado, colorado St is a westward focused school. their recruiting is based primarily in california with a very small texas presence. CSU in the b12 will most likely suffer the exact same fate and play the exact same role as colorado did in the b12

Last edited by a moderator:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish OU would come to the B1G. But I understand why they most likely will stay in the 12

It's well known in Soonerville, that President Boren would prefer to go to the Big 10. He is a strong proponent of academics, henceforth prefer the Big 10. He know that football is great for the university and brings in a lot of money, but a university's main goal is education.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well known in Soonerville, that President Boren would prefer to go to the Big 10. He is a strong proponent of academics, henceforth prefer the Big 10. He know that football is great for the university and brings in a lot of money, but a university's main goal is education.

It's not like Big10 football is THAT bad. It's not like we are the AAC or MAC.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not taking freaking Colorado State.

They already had one university from the front range and it bled money.
The Buffaloes added ZERO eyeballs, ZERO recruiting, and NEGATIVE dollars.
The Big 12 got better by default the day that CU left the league.

Nebraska was a huge loss. That was a big blow to the league.
A&M was a loss to UT but not a loss to the league.
Missouri...who knows....always tough to read them...

But, Colorado was actually a GAIN for the Big 12.
The PAC-12 would practically beg the Big 12 to take them back if they could.

Why would the Big 12 take a risk and get the lesser branded school in Colorado???
If Colorado was a disaster, I doubt CSU is a better option.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy and Louisville would be great.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not taking freaking Colorado State.

They already had one university from the front range and it bled money.
The Buffaloes added ZERO eyeballs, ZERO recruiting, and NEGATIVE dollars.
The Big 12 got better by default the day that CU left the league.

Nebraska was a huge loss. That was a big blow to the league.
A&M was a loss to UT but not a loss to the league.
Missouri...who knows....always tough to read them...

But, Colorado was actually a GAIN for the Big 12.
The PAC-12 would practically beg the Big 12 to take them back if they could.

Why would the Big 12 take a risk and get the lesser branded school in Colorado???
If Colorado was a disaster, I doubt CSU is a better option.

the op is just throwing shit on the wall to see if it will stick.

It won't....

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that the Big 12 won't increase its' membership unless the ACC collapses.

Here are the conferences that won't lose members that haven't already declared their exits(alphabetically and starting from today): Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC-14.

While there are a lot of posters/fans that want the Big 12 to collapse/disappear, it isn't going to happen.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that the Big 12 won't increase its' membership unless the ACC collapses.

Here are the conferences that won't lose members that haven't already declared their exits(alphabetically and starting from today): Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC-14.

While there are a lot of posters/fans that want the Big 12 to collapse/disappear, it isn't going to happen.

its not a question of will but when for the b12. their 10 team, no academic, no TV market focus is not viable longterm

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, what really chaps your ass is that nobody cares that CU left the BIG 12 and haters like you are gonna hate.

boo hoo hoo.....

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a question of will but when for the b12. their 10 team, no academic, no TV market focus is not viable longterm

Everything you say reaks of butthurtness, and is pointless and stupid. Your mom really should revoke your computer privileges.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou to the pac 12
would be good

bring more schools . like BSU.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, because they've resorted to adding mid majors.

No major programs will touch the Big XII. Nebraska, aTm, Colorado, and Missouri left for a reason.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, what really chaps your ass is that nobody cares that CU left the BIG 12 and haters like you are gonna hate.

boo hoo hoo.....

Colorado left the Big 12? They were part of the Big 12? Weren't they known for the Ski Teams?:lol: