• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big XII reportedly Sends out Invites

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Houston get 4 vetos but SMU only gets 2?

I thought I understood the reason for the vetos, but I would have expected them to be the same. So I'm guessing must be some bad blood somewhere.

Cincy being a sure thing isn't surprising.

I'm guessing it's about near term concerns. At Best SMU is the equivalent to TCU a decade ago-on the upswing with a good coach but a couple of years from being competitive in a P5 conference. Houston would be the new Baylor. Neither add value to the conference but one becomes a thorn in the side to a lot of us immediately.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it's about near term concerns. At Best SMU is the equivalent to TCU a decade ago-on the upswing with a good coach but a couple of years from being competitive in a P5 conference. Houston would be the new Baylor. Neither add value to the conference but one becomes a thorn in the side to a lot of us immediately.

Well I didn't think they would be wanted because it's another Texas team. So I expected Texas, Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech to vote against. So when I saw the Houston with 4 I thought it made sense.

But then SMU only got 2, so I didn't understand that.

Competition wise I can see not wanting another power in Texas, but as far as game wise I think Cincy and others provide equal competition.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see WVU give Cincy a no vote. Lots of folks here don't want the recruiting competition in OH similar to the Texas teams not wanting it down there.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on a OKST board-not sure how accurate.
If we go back to 12, I wouldn't mind Cincy and Colorado State. I'm surprised Northern Illinois has that much support. Also, sorry Houston-Texas gave you lip service but possibly vetoed you when it mattered. Thanks for playing.

Interesting. That cannot possibly be leaked. If so, that is amazing. The person who created the spreadsheet did a good job, there are two checks and balances to verify that all 55 points were given by the teams, and the total added up to 550. They could even do an if then statement to count the Vs. Well done.

It is way too simple. The Big 12 would have something way more complicated and convoluted.

In some thread, I had said the Big 12 should go for CSU and Cincinnati if academics was important, based on academic research. The two highest scoring are Cincinnati and CSU.

The other shocker for me, is Northern Illinois in 3rd place.

WVU vetoed the far western teams that have good football teams, BYU and Boise State. WVU scored UNLV a zero meaning, they knew UNLV had no shot or else WVU loves to gamble.

Now, if it takes 8 votes to get in, it is logical to assume HOUSTON has basically been eliminated.

Cincinnati five 10s. Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas, WVU.
UCONN two 10s. Baylor and Oklahoma State.
Boise State one 10. TCU
Memphis one 10. Texas Tech.
Colorado State one 10. Iowa State.

If true, the power schools have spoken. Cincinnati is in.

Cincinnati probably the absolute best school of the bunch, good academics, talent rich arean can compete athletically, but will win as much as WVU is. WVU has a total of six Big 12 Conference titles in all sports.

Colorado State brings back Colorado. As though of us that have lived in Colorado, Colorado is all Broncos.

Northern Illinois brings in the ability to recruit Chicago. Other than football, Northern Illinois brings nothing. To me, Northern Illinois is nothing but a glorified Chicago High School out in Dekalb.

UCONN basketball is king and queen. Brings in East Coast. Is it too far?

BYU brings in the Mormons and their faithful following. Good athletically.

Memphis has a billionaire fan willing to throw money at the Big 12.

The rest of the schools did not score above 50.

The interesting thing, Nebraska is still second in the Big 12 with Conference Titles from all sports. TCU has won 4 Big 12 Conference titles and West Virginia has won six Big 12 Conference Titles.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor shouldn't be allowed a vote until they have an administration that proves itself worthy enough to earn a vote. I know the old regime is gone, but the new one hasn't proven anything yet. JMO

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn brings money, academics, footprint near major markets, a recognizable national brand, 2 blue blood basketball programs and most times a win for the conferences football contenders making our path to the playoff (where a lot of our money comes from) easier. I like em personally.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dfdbcb1d1675ecc131a76ffe5b4a93f55d872977_1_666x500.jpg

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll even add TCU.

Boise gets a 10 but UConn a 3?

Come on. the need to get with reality.

But they're boys since they both screwed the BE over .