• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Brother

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angela can/should be nom’d every week. No blood. But I will stay on my opinion that there is little/no reason to evict her against anyone else.

Unless she just becomes SOOOO annoying that they simply can’t do it anymore.

there is no need,,, but again, if she faces Quimo or T'kor, Rubina,or chelseas, she is going home... no matter what...

the others, yes,,, i agree

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its weird... i cant tell if Quimo and Tkor are playing a good game... but they really have controlled the house all season...
TKor’s accent alone would put her on my radar from day 1. That is the most grating thing I have ever heard.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no need,,, but again, if she faces Quimo or T'kor, Rubina,or chelseas, she is going home... no matter what...

the others, yes,,, i agree
Not certain why you put Prurina in that class, but OK…

If she is up against the other 3, I would HOPE the house would see the opportunity. But it matters how the current house tides are and who isn’t able to vote.

And again, I do NOT rule out the possibility that the house just gives up on her and boots her just for their own emotional health. That could happen at any time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKor’s accent alone would put her on my radar from day 1. That is the most grating thing I have ever heard.

yea... it is pretty bad... maybe if i knew what it was i would accept it more... but she has a unique to herself one... which is kind of like her saying she thinks shes better than me... and she is not....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not certain why you put Prurina in that class, but OK…

If she is up against the other 3, I would HOPE the house would see the opportunity. But it matters how the current house tides are and who isn’t able to vote.

Quimo and Tkor in such control, that they need their numbers... Rubina and Chelsea are the main ones for them... you would think Quinn is too, but he has shown to be too good of a competitior... they aint saving him...

Rubina and Chelsea are numbers...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea... it is pretty bad... maybe if i knew what it was i would accept it more... but she has a unique to herself one... which is kind of like her saying she thinks shes better than me... and she is not....
She explained it in the season debut. She was born in Quebec, then moved to London for her formative years, then lived in Atlanta as an adult.

3 very strong, distinctive accents melding together to form that monstrosity.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She explained it in the season debut. She was born in Quebec, then moved to London for her formative years, then lived in Atlanta as an adult.

3 very strong, distinctive accents melding together to form that monstrosity.

but accents dont work like that... its unbearable because she wanted to stand out....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quimo and Tkor in such control, that they need their numbers... Rubina and Chelsea are the main ones for them... you would think Quinn is too, but he has shown to be too good of a competitior... they aint saving him...

Rubina and Chelsea are numbers...
Chelsie is a TKor number. Not a Kimo number.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but accents dont work like that... its unbearable because she wanted to stand out....
I moved from California to Miami after HS. I lived in Miami for about 5 years. I picked up a pretty strong NYC dialect that intermingled with my native Bay Area accent that stuck with me for a while. I then lived in Michigan for another 5 years or so, and I picked up “y’all” into my vocabulary and a slight Upper/southern twist to my already custom accent.

All that to say, that is EXACTLY how accents work. Her Quebec and London accents are the strong base (unique on its own), but then you season it with some hard Atlanta spice, and you definately have something new again.

However, your point of she plays it up because it “makes her special” is 100% on-the-nose accurate. Just look at her fashion if you have any questions about that.

There is a strong possibility, though, that there is a speech impediment factored in there somewhere as well. Sean Connery couldn’t pronounce his “r”s, but it just amplified his Scottish accent to non-native Scott’s. To native Scott’s, he supposedly sounded like a fool.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved from California to Miami after HS. I lived in Miami for about 5 years. I picked up a pretty strong NYC dialect that intermingled with my native Bay Area accent that stuck with me for a while. I then lived in Michigan for another 5 years or so, and I picked up “y’all” into my vocabulary and a slight Upper/southern twist to my already custom accent.

All that to say, that is EXACTLY how accents work. Her Quebec and London accents are the strong base (unique on its own), but then you season it with some hard Atlanta spice, and you definately have something new again.

However, your point of she plays it up because it “makes her special” is 100% on-the-nose accurate. Just look at her fashion if you have any questions about that.

There is a strong possibility, though, that there is a speech impediment factored in there somewhere as well. Sean Connery couldn’t pronounce his “r”s, but it just amplified his Scottish accent to non-native Scott’s. To native Scott’s, he supposedly sounded like a fool.

I can see the speech impediment.. she does talk very slowly and pronounces everything...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not to diagnose someone that i never met and have only seen on tv...

But you peaked my interest when you said speech impediment.... My bet is that you are correct.... when she was younger she was probably a stutterer, because listening to her speak, it sounds like typical stuttering techniques.... and if that is correct, good for her!!! and i take back all the negative i said about her speach.... and when you focus on your techniques, your accent will not evolve properly, if you keep on traveling....

But if that is true, i would wonder why she would not use how she overcame this as a reason to play this game... like how everyone else has a "reason" for playing...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to diagnose someone that i never met and have only seen on tv...

But you peaked my interest when you said speech impediment.... My bet is that you are correct.... when she was younger she was probably a stutterer, because listening to her speak, it sounds like typical stuttering techniques.... and if that is correct, good for her!!! and i take back all the negative i said about her speach.... and when you focus on your techniques, your accent will not evolve properly, if you keep on traveling....

But if that is true, i would wonder why she would not use how she overcame this as a reason to play this game... like how everyone else has a "reason" for playing...
Maybe because in her eyes, it doesn’t define her?

I overcame an early stutter myself, and I have a built in “pause” in my irl speech that I implemented because I can feel a word that will lock me up coming a sentence or two ahead of time, so I need to access my internal thesaurus in that split second to find a new word that won’t lock me up. Even my family members have completely forgotten that I went to speech therapy for a stutter when I was in the 2nd/3rd grade, but they do laugh at my word choices sometimes. THAT has become a personality trait of mine ever since.

While I mention to people from time-to-time that I AM a stutterer, it isnt something I broadcast, because it just isn’t who I am. But I do mention it to people I cross paths with who have extreme stutters, and almost every time, their stutter becomes MUCH less pronounced when we speak one-on-one from that point forward.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously questioned if he threw it as I watched it. He didn’t even get off the starting block for a solid 2-count. Then he was OBVIOUSLY putting pieces in the wrong positions. MAYBE he thought they went the “other way”, but why would he have thought that? He never showed any urgency during that comp.

So weird.
You never know if he’s trying to save face but he mentioned in his exit interview with Julie that he thought you had to put the numbers facing you so that caused him to do the puzzle backwards. Whether he was just trying to excuse him actually throwing the competition or if he really did misunderstand, I doubt he’ll ever admit it if it was the former.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker is one of my favorite houseguest in the almost 20 years watching this

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because in her eyes, it doesn’t define her?

I overcame an early stutter myself, and I have a built in “pause” in my irl speech that I implemented because I can feel a word that will lock me up coming a sentence or two ahead of time, so I need to access my internal thesaurus in that split second to find a new word that won’t lock me up. Even my family members have completely forgotten that I went to speech therapy for a stutter when I was in the 2nd/3rd grade, but they do laugh at my word choices sometimes. THAT has become a personality trait of mine ever since.

While I mention to people from time-to-time that I AM a stutterer, it isnt something I broadcast, because it just isn’t who I am. But I do mention it to people I cross paths with who have extreme stutters, and almost every time, their stutter becomes MUCH less pronounced when we speak one-on-one from that point forward.

Surprisingly, besides us being tv addicts, I guess we have another thing in common.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker is one of my favorite houseguest in the almost 20 years watching this
Honestly I found his personality super annoying but I do respect the hell out of him making big moves because he wanted to play the game and not sit back and coast.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I found his personality super annoying but I do respect the hell out of him making big moves because he wanted to play the game and not sit back and coast.
I can see that. I found it funny and a breath of fresh air.

Leah is going to win it. It is surprising that she is not on anyone radar

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thing is... that this format and his comp beast ability was why he was able to be what he was... he didn't fear anyone, because he had the ego of winning any comp... if not at least one of 2( the ai arena was an awful twist)...

this show needs to first fix the competitions before it does anything else...

but yes his ADHD was great for the show...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rooting order at this point. Not necessarily who I think will win, just who I HOPE will win…

Kimo
Cam
Joseph
Makensy
Leah
Chelsie
TKor
Rubina
Quinn
Angela