• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best & Worst uniforms at each Power-5 league:

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Fans can be Proud to Participate in Military Appreciation Day “Purple Out”

The “Purple Out” initiative began as a brainchild of the student body several years ago, but took a while to gain momentum. That momentum hit a tipping point when the athletic department realized the drive the students had to make it a reality, and about a year and a half ago, threw its support behind the initiative.

In August 2012, it was decided that the “Purple Out” would happen, but the Clemson student government and athletic department decided to wait until this football season to do it to make certain it was done the right way, according to Student Senate Athletic Chairman Hunter Bagnal, who serves as a liaison between the two.

To get the ball rolling, a student competition was held to find an official “Purple Out” logo for the shirts, a process that was considerably more complicated than it sounds.

“The tricky thing about Clemson is we have a lot of symbols here – the academic Tiger face, the Clemson Paw, certain fonts we can use – so it’s really tricky trying to make sure you’re not stepping on any toes with this,” Bagnal said. “We got about 35 designs and ended up meeting and put them all on the wall, and William Craig’s just jumped out at us instantly. We had to talk to the Department of Defense as far as making sure the Purple Heart was good to go, and his design just lined up so well that we knew he’d won.”

Clemson sure looked sharp back in the eighties. Go back to full orange and white. That purple sucks.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one game a year and for a very good reason. We don't give a damn what you think.

Point for you. If Clemson were my team I'd say the same thing.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I like those old Colts uniforms back in Unitas' day.
Damn cj...that reference makes me question your age. You older than I thought? Next thing you'll reference names like Y.A. Tittle and Eddie Laberon.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn cj...that reference makes me question your age. You older than I thought? Next thing you'll reference names like Y.A. Tittle and Eddie Laberon.

If you've never watched Johnny U play you need to Google him up for sure. The 72 Dolphins were the bomb. You can learn a lot watching guys like Dan Marino and Duane Thomas play.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've never watched Johnny U play you need to Google him up for sure. The 72 Dolphins were the bomb. You can learn a lot watching guys like Dan Marino and Duane Thomas play.
Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have seen Johnny U and the Colts play in person. My dad took me to some Cowboy games their first few years of existance in the early 60s. Baltimore was a real game and Green Bay was an exhibition. I didn't get to see Bart Starr play very long since it was an exhibition and the Packers just destroyed them. Same for Johnny U.... Colts just killed the Cowboys so the reserves played. But everyone beat the Cowboys those early years.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I'm old enough to have seen Johnny U and the Colts play in person. My dad took me to some Cowboy games their first few years of existance in the early 60s. Baltimore was a real game and Green Bay was an exhibition. I didn't get to see Bart Starr play very long since it was an exhibition and the Packers just destroyed them. Same for Johnny U.... Colts just killed the Cowboys so the reserves played. But everyone beat the Cowboys those early years.

That's awesome. I was a kid in the 80s and loved football at an early age. I got a magnetic football game when I was 6.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome. I was a kid in the 80s and loved football at an early age. I got a magnetic football game when I was 6.
1f372bbcd70436d7ef8ebe38fc617908.jpg

Yep. Not sure when those started but I know they were around in the 60s. The goalposts used to be on the goal line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the arms lock and the players spun around and around? LOL, mine did.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the arms lock and the players spun around and around? LOL, mine did.

Yes and it was hard to get the QB to 'complete' a pass too. FG kicking took a lot of practice as well.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1f372bbcd70436d7ef8ebe38fc617908.jpg

Yep. Not sure when those started but I know they were around in the 60s. The goalposts used to be on the goal line.
Electric Football was a GREAT idea that just never panned out!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC best - Miami (their traditional look with white helmet/orange jersey, not that black helmet dogshit)
ACC worst - Syracuse (godawful, possibly one of the worst in the country)

B1G best - Ohio State (homer pick, of course. fuck you if you disagree)
B1G worst - Rutgers (Maryland is easy to pick on, but Rutgers is just..."blah")

Big XII best - Kansas State (always thought they looked sharp)
Big XII worst - Baylor (that shade of green and old gold just doesn't do much for me)

Pac 12 best - USC (fantastic, that helmet logo is glorious)
Pac 12 worst - Arizona (every version of their uniform is crap)

SEC best - LSU (particularly when they wear the purple jersey)
SEC worst - Texas A&M (aggie uni is about as mundane as college station TX, so I guess it's only fitting)

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take:

Best in SEC: LSU; Worst in SEC: Ole Miss

Best in Big 10: Iowa; Worst in Big 10: Penn St.

Best in Big 12: Oklahoma; Worst in Big 12: Texas

Best in Pac-12: Washington; Worst in Pac-12: Arizona

Best in ACC: Clemson; Worst in ACC: North Carolina

What's your take?
this sounds like a lotta work -
i'll just start with the B12,
and update with the other confs later -

B12 Best: Tech
B12 Worst: its a 9-way tie

suck it B12 foes!!

guns up!!